The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 04:58 AM
Aristocracy

Okay, here's a conclusion I came to: mentioning the rumours in his speech, from Henri, A Big Mistake. Instead of making the rumours stop, he really managed to draw everyone's attention to them. A good intention backfired, I'm afraid. But I do like the idea that he protects his entire family, or at least tries to.

-Lisa

Old 01-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamaria
Okay, here's a conclusion I came to: mentioning the rumours in his speech, from Henri, A Big Mistake. Instead of making the rumours stop, he really managed to draw everyone's attention to them. A good intention backfired, I'm afraid. But I do like the idea that he protects his entire family, or at least tries to.

-Lisa
In my eyes he did the right thing to comment on the rumours.

I really wish they find the REAL criminals soon so that the rumours on innocent people (such as the Grand Ducal family) will stop...

PS: Happy new year to the whole Grand Ducal family!:)

Old 01-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drimal
In my eyes he did the right thing to comment on the rumours.

I really wish they find the REAL criminals soon so that the rumours on innocent people (such as the Grand Ducal family) will stop...

PS: Happy new year to the whole Grand Ducal family!:)
There are rumours, and then there are rumours; I don't think Henri was commenting the bombing affair - it's just too ridiculous to be true :( To try to put a stop on rumours about infidelity or something like that is, I'm sorry to tell you, just a little too Lady Di to me; somehow those are so trivial someone like him should be above such.

A big year ahead - silver anniversary, MT's 50th, so all the best.

-Lisa :p
Old 01-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

This was probably a mistake for him to mention rumors since now all we are talking about are the rumors.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

There's pros and cons to him mentioning the rumours. Con; it brought more attention to the rumours so that everyone's suspicious of which one it is exactly that he's talking about. Pro; he usually doesn't comment about rumours. And the fact that he found it important to comment makes it more evident that what ever's being said is un-true and he's offended by it to the point in which he would comment.
So now I think it's time to go on the topics lisamaria listed. Silver anniversary this year, that's awesome.
MT's going to be 50! To me she doesn't look like she should be turning 50, 45 yes, 50 no.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Aristocracy

Well, when's the baby due? I forgot a while ago. There will probably be new pics when the baby's born. It shouldn't be too long now.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Courtier

sometime in the spring, around march, i think.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditebaby
Well, when's the baby due? I forgot a while ago. There will probably be new pics when the baby's born. It shouldn't be too long now.
According to PdV, the baby is due on March 22 which is Maria Teresa's 50th birthday.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy
According to PdV, the baby is due on March 22 which is Maria Teresa's 50th birthday.
In which PdV is this information?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Nobility

The Grand Dukes' youngest child was born on Henri's birthday. So, a baby born on Maria Teresa's 50th birthday would bring a big smile to my face.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere
The Grand Dukes' youngest child was born on Henri's birthday. So, a baby born on Maria Teresa's 50th birthday would bring a big smile to my face.
the birthday's of the kids are funny

Félix 03.06.1984
Louis 03.08.1986

Alexandra 16.02.1991
Sebastien 16.04.1992

twice same days and two months later
Old 01-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Gentry

In this page: http://press.contrastphoto.com /, there are finally new pictures, they are of the family in a mass in memory of the Duquesa Jophine Charlotte had died for one year. I have not put them because one doesn't eat.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virnabrisa2000
In this page: http://press.contrastphoto.com /, there are finally new pictures, they are of the family in a mass in memory of the Duquesa Jophine Charlotte had died for one year. I have not put them because one doesn't eat.
Thank you Virnabirsa! Here are some of the pictures from picturedesk...they are not of any great quality and I do apologize.

Grand Duke Jean [who is crying....so sad], Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa, and Queen Fabiola of Belgium.

Princess Maie-Astrid and her husband Archduke Carl Christian of Austria, Princess Margaretha, and Prince Jean.

Prince Jean reading a prayer during the service.

Grand Duke Jean and Queen Fabiola entering the cathedral.

Grand Duke Jean exiting the crypt where the Grand Ducal Family's graves are located.

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume exiting the cathedral with Princess Charlotte of Nassau [the daughter of Prince Guillaume and his wife Princess Sibilla].

All pictures are from picturedesk.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

thank you for posting these pictures, suturegeisha!
it was very touching seeing Grand Duke Jean still mourn dearly his beloved wife. it must be lonely days for him now...
Old 01-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures, suture.Although i have not been known any about Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte but i'm sure she is a really wonderful lady.It'd be really sad when a person you really close left, it can hurt for really long, like my grandparents, they had been for 45 years and my grandmumhad passed away for four years, but it is always really hurt us till now, especially my grandfather, he has written many poems about my grandmum, i can see that through the family especially Grand Duke Jean, my sympathy for him, and as a great person, i'm sure the Grand Duchess is rest in peace and is smiling to all of us from the heaven.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 01-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Thanks for the pictures, suture.Although i have not been known any about Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte but i'm sure she is a really wonderful lady.It'd be really sad when a person you really close left, it can hurt for really long, like my grandparents, they had been for 45 years and my grandmumhad passed away for four years, but it is always really hurt us till now, especially my grandfather, he has written many poems about my grandmum, i can see that through the family especially Grand Duke Jean, my sympathy for him, and as a great person, i'm sure the Grand Duchess is rest in peace and is smiling to all of us from the heaven.
Yes, Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte were married for 51 years, so I imagine her death must have been a devastating loss for him, as well as the rest of the family. She was a lovely lady and one of my favorite royals- very regal yet very down to earth. :)
Old 01-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

After all, he did cry alot during the funeral.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

Jean looks so incredibly sad in those photos. You can tell that no matter what the rumours were about JC, he loved his wife tremendously and that he still must be reeling from her death.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Several photos from remembrance for Josephine Charlotte in Luxembourg
January 11, 2006
(from cover.es)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAEZ8D0L.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	223826   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAL83UVV.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	223827   Click image for larger version

Name:	CASH2VK1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	223828   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAUBW923.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	223829  

Old 01-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Nobility

More pics from the mass in honor of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte (I scanned them from my newspaper Luxemburger Wort) from 10th January 2006
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Neu-2.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	223969  
Attached Images

Closed Thread