Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 2: Sep 2003 - Aug 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from the Vatican:

Attachments

• 52688878.jpg
    52688878.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 52689705.jpg
    52689705.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 52689925.jpg
    52689925.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 52689927.jpg
    52689927.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 52689931.jpg
    52689931.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 224
Thank you, Alexandria and to stacy and HMQueenElizabethII for posting photos of the couple in the previous thread. :)

Polfoto 24-04-2005 Prince Albert of Monaco, left, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, center, and Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg talk prior to the installment Mass of Pope Benedict XVI in St. Peter's square at the Vatican, Sunday, April 24, 2005.

Attachments

• MT, H & A.jpg
    MT, H & A.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 272
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Question: Are Henri and MT HRHs or HMs?

They are both Royal Highnesses. Kings and Queens are Majesties.

suturegeisha said:
They are both Royal Highnesses. Kings and Queens are Majesties.
Does that mean their title is not as 'superior' as kings and queens? i hope that makes sense...:eek:

in some of the pictures at the mass at the vatican the Grand Duke and Grand Duchesss was speaking to Queen sofia of spain, i was wondering in what language would they communicate in? since they know many languages would they settle for English, Spanish or French?

Last edited by a moderator:
i read somewhere on this forum, that it's pretty common for the royals to use english as their main means of communication between each other. however, they could use whatever's comfy between whoever they're communication with and themselves, considering how many languages they all probably know. *shrugs.

Anyway, I was watching the BBC when they had the whole new Pope thing, and out of the corner of my eye (I also happened to be online at that time) I spotted Henri and MT. Its odd how the BBC shows them even though they aren't major royals in most of the world.

well, henri is a head of state and mt is the spouse of a head of state, so technically speaking, they're on equal footing as a king and/or queen. same thing happened to me gaggle, i was doing something else at the time and the white mt was wearing just happened to catch my eye and boom, there they were. i was kinda shocked that cnn actually showed them more than they did during the papal funeral.

From Finland, without love...

Hullo folks,

just thought to check in and tell that a most amazing thing happened yesterday. The EU accession treaty of Bulgaria and Romania was signed in Luxembourg in the presence of the grand dukes. I actually learned this from the Finnish TV news (that's the amazing part), in which they showed H and MT to arrive and shake hands with everyone. What makes that amazing is that the last time they were noticed in the Finnish media was sometime in the 1980s... Yes, we are very far from the world in here. :eek:
-Lisa

Attachments

• AP954934_guest.jpg
    AP954934_guest.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 512
  • AP954935_guest.jpg
    AP954935_guest.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 285
in the group picture m-t really stands out and that is in a good way.

Here is a link to this subject:

http://novinite.com/view_news.php?id=46980

And some pics of the Grand Ducal couple participating at this treaty:

Note: The EU Council is altering every six months; Luxembourg's prime minister is actually (from January 2005 till June 2005) president of the EU Council. This is the explanation of the presence of the Grand Ducal couple (representing Luxembourg, having the EU council presidence, as its sovereigns).

Attachments

• xin.jpg
    xin.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 2514traite.jpg
    2514traite.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
love the color of the dress of the Grand Duchess. I must agree that she does stand out in that sea of black.

PointdeVue

Hello again!

This week's Point de Vue magazine (if it's sold in here, it's probably also sold elsewhere in Europe too), has a special about Henri and Maria Teresa, whole 10 pages it seems. The web-page is here:

http://www.pointdevue.fr/default.php

and the mag in the newsstands. It should cost about 2-4€.

-Lisa :rolleyes:

lisamaria said:
Hello again!

This week's Point de Vue magazine (if it's sold in here, it's probably also sold elsewhere in Europe too), has a special about Henri and Maria Teresa, whole 10 pages it seems. The web-page is here:

http://www.pointdevue.fr/default.php

and the mag in the newsstands. It should cost about 2-4€.

-Lisa :rolleyes:
It's not sold in australia :( Hopefully someone will be kind enough to scan the pages for us :D it would be very much appreciated! :D

Yes, can someone please scan it? Of course this isn't the first time these royals have been in Point de Vue, Guillaume was in it a few years back.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Yes, can someone please scan it? Of course this isn't the first time these royals have been in Point de Vue, Guillaume was in it a few years back.

I can scan it as soon as I get my copy, should be early next week. If someone is earlier, be my guest :)

-Lisa

Thanks lisamaria!
I would love to see the magazine, because Point de Vue is not sold in my town.

I hate Maria-Teresa's new hair cut (I think a longer hair style works better), but love the jewelry she is wearing. I wonderful if she'll wear the two tiaras that she didn't before for her 25th wedding anniversary next year.

I think Maria-Teresa speaks English and Spanish with the Spanish royal family and Henri speaks English.

Attachments

• 260405ter.jpg
    260405ter.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 358
Here are very intersting statistics about Grand Duke Henri I found on the web:

PER_portrait_92.gif

BORN
16 April 1955 at the Castle of Betzdorf (Luxembourg)

MARITAL STATUS
Married, five children

EDUCATION
Graduate in Political Science, University of Geneva (Switzerland); Officer's Brevet from the Sandhurst Royal Military Academy (England); Honorary Doctorate in the Humanities from the Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, Connecticut (USA); Honorary Doctorate in Law from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio (USA); Doctorate in Economics, Khon Kaen University (Thailand); Doctor rerum politicarum honoris causa from the University of Trier (Germany)

LANGUAGES
Luxembourgish, French, English, German

CAREER
Member of the Council of State (1980-1998); Honorary Chairman of the Board of Economic Development of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (1978-2000); Member of the Board of Trustees of the Mentor Foundation created by the World Health Organisation; Member of the Board of Directors of the Charles Darwin Foundation; Lieutenant-Representative of HRH Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg (1998-2000); Grand Duke of Luxembourg since 7 October 2000

SPORTS PRACTISED
Swimming, sailing, skiing, water skiing, tennis

SPORTS ADMINISTRATION
Numerous patronages and honorary chairmanships of sports associations such as: Luxembourg Swimming and Lifesaving Federation, Luxembourg Winter Sports Federation, Luxembourg Physically Handicapped Sports Federation, Luxembourg Cycling Sports Federation

Here is the link to the website:http://www.olympic.org/uk/organisation/ioc/members/bio_uk.asp?id=92

Thanks Drimal ^___^
drimal said:
EDUCATION
Graduate in Political Science, University of Geneva (Switzerland); Officer's Brevet from the Sandhurst Royal Military Academy (England); Honorary Doctorate in the Humanities from the Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, Connecticut (USA); Honorary Doctorate in Law from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio (USA); Doctorate in Economics, Khon Kaen University (Thailand); Doctor rerum politicarum honoris causa from the University of Trier (Germany)
Most impressive!!! ^___^

Thanks drimal. I'm most impressed with his education too. It's going to be a long time before I even reach half of what he's done. Did Henri actually study in Thailand, or was that an honorary doctorate presented to him?

It would make sense that it is honorary due to the fact that I don't think he has ever lived that far away from Luxembourg.

Yes, that's what I thought, and I hadn't heard of him going to Thailand for such a long period of time. Although he could've done it by correspondence, but I doubt it.

Point de Vue

hillary_nugent said:
It's not sold in australia :( Hopefully someone will be kind enough to scan the pages for us :D it would be very much appreciated! :D

Hillary

Point de Vue is available at quite a few newsagencies and bookshops in Sydney.

I know that "Alliance Française" in Clarence Street sell a lot of French magazines and newspapers (and have a really nice café and library as well - it's where I used to go for my French exams :)), so you might be able to check it out and see if they have it. If I have time one morning I'll have a look. http://www.afsydney.com.au/

Warren said:
Hillary

Point de Vue is available at quite a few newsagencies and bookshops in Sydney.
you serious? cool! i couldn't find them at a many local newsagency...they're probably in stock at the city...but thanks :)

I wonder if you have ever seen these pics:confused: !

Grand Duke Henri with glasses:cool: !!

Attachments

• 0000329606-037.jpg
    0000329606-037.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 0000329606-022.jpg
    0000329606-022.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 0000329606-020.jpg
    0000329606-020.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 0000329606-030.jpg