Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 2: Sep 2003 - Aug 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hehehehe...maybe she never got rid of all th excess fat she gained after giving birth to 5 kids!!! ^______^ I actually don't mind MT's weight the way it is now...she is definitely one of the few female Royals with curves...everyone is so damn skinny these days O__O

Do you know that Grand Duke Henri is celebrating on 16.04.2005 his 50th anniversary!:)

I hope so that the whole family is present with Marie Astrid, Margaretha, Jean, Guillaume, Grand Duke Jean, Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte and all their children and thus the occasion of many recent pics of them!:p

Yeah, that'll be great - we should get some good pictures out of it (God willing!). It will also be Sébastien's 13th birthday too, won't it? That's a pretty significant age!

Golly 50? wow...hope he has a big celebration so there will be lots of photos for us to see ^______^ cool is sebastien born on the same day as henri?

hillary_nugent said:
Golly 50? wow...hope he has a big celebration so there will be lots of photos for us to see ^______^ cool is sebastien born on the same day as henri?
Yes on 16.04.1992! What a delight this day is for the family: a double anniversary day.:)
And as KatieLouise remarked Sebastien will be 13 next year and so he will be no longer be a little child!;)

Wow she does look great then for age, i did not expect her to be over 40 years old, well maybe coz i dont know much about her, just look at the ppictures that get posted.

i'm beyond looking forward to those pics. *jumps up and down. hehehehehhe. hopefully there'll be a huge celebration for the occasion with lots of pics to go around. btw, hillary_nugent you're absolutely right. it is refreshing and wonderful to see a royal woman with curves and not looking as though she has no knowledge of food. besides, she is a good roll-model for women and young women alike b/c of her weight and b/c of all the other good things she does.

KatieLouise said:
Yeah, that'll be great - we should get some good pictures out of it (God willing!). It will also be Sébastien's 13th birthday too, won't it? That's a pretty significant age!
Why? Its not like he is having his Bar Mitzvah.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
He's not Jewish so it is not significant in a religous sense...but hey he's going to become a teenager :p

It's significant because he's becoming a teenager - I don't know about the rest of you but that was pretty important for me. Also, I don't know whether he's had his confirmation yet and if he hasn't he very soon will - in the Catholic tradition we consider that to be the rite for when you become an adult member of the Church.

i wonder which prince sebastien will look like as he gets older? felix and louis look a lot alike, except for coloring differences. guillaume doesn't have a twin, well at least not yet anyway.

I think Sebastian looks more like Louis...all the children look alot similar :) but Louis and Sebastian seem to have inherited the fairer hair coloring...

Louis and Sebastien look alike. Guillaume and Felix used to look alot alike. Alex, well, I don't want to compare her to boys. I think that is kind of mean.

Since your from the US and I'm sure you'll understand this, I'd say she is about 5'5".
Yeah, I would say that's about right. She doesn't look that tall, but certainly not short. 5'5'' is still taller than me. :(

5'5...how tall is that in metres...about 1.65m??? just abit taller than me >__< hahaha

i don't think she's 5'5. she looks to be more around 5'2, 5'3ish. she is petite and petite ppl are ppl that are normally shorter than 5'3. my aunt and grandmother are petite and they both look to share the same height as mt.

msfroyste said:
i don't think she's 5'5. she looks to be more around 5'2, 5'3ish. she is petite and petite ppl are ppl that are normally shorter than 5'3. my aunt and grandmother are petite and they both look to share the same height as mt.
Yes, she has never appeared very tall (to me at least) :D. I'd say 5'2/5'3 - that's about my height. In cm slightly over 160 cm, I think. Hurrah for short people!!!

KatieLouise said:
Yes, she has never appeared very tall (to me at least) :D. I'd say 5'2/5'3 - that's about my height. In cm slightly over 160 cm, I think. Hurrah for short people!!!
Is 5'3 considered short? .....hehehehehe ...that's me as well and i always liked to think i was of 'average' height hahaha :D

Last edited by a moderator:
average height for women in the US is between 5'4 and 5'5. i'm 5'7 and i'm significantly taller than my gran and aunt. i think their height adds to their cuteness factors.

i remember seeing a pic- a WHILE ago- of henri and prince charles standing next to each other. if i recall correctly, they were around the same height. prince charles is 5'10 so i suppose that makes henri the same height, give or take a couple of inches. mt's significantly shorter than henri, so i'd put her probably around 5'2/5'3ish. you're right hillary_nugent, her weight does make her look shorter, but she's always looked short to me, even when she was thinner. btw, height is based on genetics, just like everything else is. my height is average on my dad's side and i'm taller than my mom and her siblings, with the exception of her older brother. both of my grandmothers are short- my dad's mom is 5'1 and my mom's mom is 5'3. some of my cousins inherited the short genes, while the rest are average height.

5'10 is above average for most ppl and is considered tall. 2.54cm = 1in. that's the conversion factor you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Dad and two of his brothers are 6'4 but their Mum is under 5' - needless to say, I did not inherit my Dad's height. I'll probably be as short as my Grandmama when I'm her age. Oh, Lord help me! Still, genetics is an interesting thing - with the Grand Ducal family Felix seems the tallest of the lot by a fair bit. I wonder who Alexandra will take after - I think she will be only slightly taller than MT.

louis and felix seem to be the same height- at least in the last pic i saw of them together. guillaume takes after mt in height. we still have yet to see where alex and sebastien will fall in.

Well, Hillary, you're about an inch taller than me. Am I the shortest contributer to this particular forum? :( Boohoohoo! With my dad, I'm used to his tallness. :) I only notice it when we're out where there are other people; they suddenly look really short when my lumbering dinosaur of a father walks past them. Anyhoo, my prediction for the height of the princes/s is: Guillaume 5'7, Felix 6', Louis 5'10 and Alexandra and Sebastien small, wee cutie-pie size :D

KatieLouise said:
Well, Hillary, you're about an inch taller than me. Am I the shortest contributer to this particular forum? :( Boohoohoo! With my dad, I'm used to his tallness. :) I only notice it when we're out where there are other people; they suddenly look really short when my lumbering dinosaur of a father walks past them. Anyhoo, my prediction for the height of the princes/s is: Guillaume 5'7, Felix 6', Louis 5'10 and Alexandra and Sebastien small, wee cutie-pie size :D
guillaume's probably between 5'6 and 5'8ish, felix's probably between 5'11 and 6'1 and louis's probably betwwen 5'10 and 6'. either way, they're all hot.:D

So anyway, back to MT and Henri. I saw a photo which appears to be their Chirstmas photo, but due to the fact that I'm technologically challenged, I'm unable to post it. I do believe it was in a yahoo group by the name of guillaumehereditaryofluxembourg.

If you can post the exact address here, then I can try and get the photo and post it here for you. :) Was it Christmas this year, do you think?

Here you are... thanks for the link, gaggleofcrazypeople! Sorry it's a bit blurry...

Attachments

• xmas.jpg
    xmas.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 3,418
I don't think this photo was posted.

On Tuesday 19 October, (2004) Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxemburg was appointed Honorary Hans Christian Andersen Ambassador by HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark.
HRH Grand Duchess of Luxemburg Maria Teresa is the first royal Hans Christian Andersen Ambassador to be appointed among a wide range of prominent Hans Christian Andersen Ambassadors the world over.
The Grand Duchess, who is the mother of five, has for years been committed to children's rights. She has since 1997 been UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for the education of girls and women.

Attachments

• luxemborg07.jpg
    luxemborg07.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3,357
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom