Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 1: Dec 2002 - Nov 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri, MT, Jean and Guillaume attending Sept. 10 services, parade and concert for veterans. It's part of the anniversary of Luxembourg's liberation in 1944. This cathedral is one of my favorite.

I love MT's pearl set and outfits, but MT looks too tanned. Maybe she's addicted to tanning or maybe it's the weather. I like her best with a light tan and dark hair (fake one has to go).

Does Henri have a tan?

Also from http://www.wort.lu/, Henri traveling on Monday to a memory attendance in the USA.

Attachments

• sep101.jpg
    sep101.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 356
  • sep102.jpg
    sep102.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 436
  • sep103.jpg
    sep103.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 330
  • sep104.jpg
    sep104.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 384
  • sep105.jpg
    sep105.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 409
  • sep106.jpg
    sep106.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 467
  • sep107.jpg
    sep107.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 351
  • sep108.jpg
    sep108.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 347
News from another thread: Guillaume went to the US. Are we sure that this is the son of Henri and MT? I figured he would be off at university by now.

Henri & Maria Teresa

Henri & Maria Teresa visted a horticultural show 9/24/04 in Luxembourg:

Source: http://www.wort.lu/

Attachments

• show1.jpg
    show1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 330
  • show2.jpg
    show2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 237
Le président de la République portugaise, Jorge Sampaio, en visite d’État au Luxembourg

http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_presse/actualite/2004/09/27sampaio/index.html

4 days ago. But it seems like they are being photographed more.09-26-2004 08:34 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Here's some photos from the state visit:
source: Wort.lu

President of the Portuguese Republic is Jorge Sampaio.
What tiara is MT wearing?
Nice to see Felix.

Attachments

• visit1.jpg
    visit1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 261
  • visit2.jpg
    visit2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 298
  • visit3.jpg
    visit3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 347
  • visit4.jpg
    visit4.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 370
  • visit5.jpg
    visit5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 459
  • visit6.jpg
    visit6.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 252
  • visit7.jpg
    visit7.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 350
  • visit8.jpg
    visit8.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Thanks for the pictures. Maria Teresa looks wonderful. She is really just a lovely woman.

Does her hair look lighter, or is it just me?

Can we get back on topic please? If you'd like to carry on the above personal conversation, please PM each other.

What is going on with Henri, Maria Teresa and their children of late? Soon they will be celebrating the anniversary of Henri's enthronment -- any special events surrounding this? Can we expect new pictures?

I don't know what is going on with them. They are so hard to find. I looked everywhere. I read a little French, so I am able to go to some of the Luxembourg news websites but nothing turned up.:(

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Its only been four years, so they'll probably have something big next year.
He's only been on the throne for 4 years??? really? i thought it was longer...wow...he is relatively mew to all this then...how old do you think Guillaume will be when he comes to the throne?

Oh, and yes, Henri took the throne only four years ago. I do believe Guillaume will take the throne at about the same age his father did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Henri and Maria Teresa visiting the party of radio DNR in the studio this weekend.

Attachments

• henri5.jpg
    henri5.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 636
Why did they go and not a younger royal? Felix seems like a good candidate to go to a radio station. It just doesn't seem like Henri or MT would really want to do someting like that. But don't bother listening to me.

Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Marie Teresa during a visit to Arlon, Belgium

Attachments

• belga.jpg
    belga.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 476
  • belga1.jpg
    belga1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 466
  • belga2.jpg
    belga2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 493
  • belga3.jpg
    belga3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 478
hey guys ok you know how we thought the last name of the family is weilburg-nassau? is that right hehe caz i put guillaumes last name on the envelope of his bday card

The name is Nassau. Strictly speaking, Nassau-Weilburg, but they use Nassau. But you should address a letter to him as HRH The Hereditary Grand of Luxembourg. You don't use royals given names, but rather their titles.

OMG! You sent him a card! I want to do that! But how many people send him one? Does he have a secretary or something?

bad_barbarella said:
hey guys ok you know how we thought the last name of the family is weilburg-nassau? is that right hehe caz i put guillaumes last name on the envelope of his bday card
tell us if u get a reply!!!! ^________^

I sent a present off and I had to declare it. They ask you all these questions about the parcel you are sending, but I suppose it needs to happen. bad_barbarella, don't worry about writing the wrong name. If he gets it, I'm sure he isn't looking at the name, more of the thought that went into it.:p

Some photos from long ago...:)

Attachments

• mt0.jpg
    mt0.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 570
  • mt1.jpg
    mt1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 602
  • mt 2.jpg
    mt 2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 354
  • mt 3.jpg
    mt 3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 656
thanks for the pics catherine! I just love seeing them. Maria-Theresa and Henri seem like such loving and happy parents. Just a question though. Is that Guillaume in those pics?

ravergirl said:
thanks for the pics catherine! I just love seeing them. Maria-Theresa and Henri seem like such loving and happy parents. Just a question though. Is that Guillaume in those pics?
It sure is. Wasn't he a cutie?
-Kara-

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Yes, and he will forever be one. Henri looks like ha has hardly changed, but MT looks like she changed alot.
hahaha...i was thinking exactly the same thing...Henri has barely changed!!! haha

1,2: in 1999

Attachments

• phil 0.jpg
    phil 0.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 336
  • phil1.jpg
    phil1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 396
  • mt.jpg
    mt.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 332
  • mt 1.jpg