Royals Who are attending Sochi Winter Olympics 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kramer was amazing! He was so much faster than his rivals and another gold in the 10000 m is expected.
Nice video! WA and Máxima always seem so cheerful and happy on these sports events. Love to see them on these occasions.

WA and Máxima on today event:

KRAMER SNELT NAAR RECORD - Telesport.nl - Sportnieuws, Voetbal, Wielersport, Tennis, Autosport en Schaatsen [Sotsji 2014]

Koning trots op koning Sven - TV | Altijd op de hoogte van het laatste nieuws met Telegraaf.nl [Actualiteit]

I didn't understand a thing but I really liked WA's backpack :)

imagegen.aspx

From the RH website.

Last edited:
Rather an unfortunate picture of Albert - don' t think he would still fit in a bobsleigh.

i wouldn't say the picture is 'unfortunate' - it's his tummy that gives him a very 'unfortunate' shape :D. but he still would fit in a bobsleigh .... as long as he doesn't try to sit down.

Last edited:
TM King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima were present today at the 3000 M Woman Ice Skating. A Dutch participant, Ireen Wüst, won the gold medal.

Her name is indeed Ireen and I don't know why her name was spelled as Irene either.

W-A handed the medals for the 5000m event. Which is a hattrick for the Dutch. Must've been a great feeling for him.

I'm watching the Olympics here in the US and I was thrilled, and surprised, when they showed W-A and Maxima several times cheering on their countrywoman in the speed skating event.

Her name is indeed Ireen and I don't know why her name was spelled as Irene either.

W-A handed the medals for the 5000m event. Which is a hattrick for the Dutch. Must've been a great feeling for him.

I was thinking if it would be WA to hand in the medals. If three Dutchmen won the medals, why not let the Dutch King, who is also a honorary member of the IOC, to present the medals to the athletes?

Rather an unfortunate picture of Albert - don' t think he would still fit in a bobsleigh.

i wouldn't say the picture is 'unfortunate' - it's his tummy that gives him a very 'unfortunate' shape :D. but he still would fit in a bobsleigh .... as long as he doesn't try to sit down.

Well he does :D
Picture details
(02/08/2014 Prince Albert II of Monaco, right, and Russian Olympic Committee chairman Alexander Zhukov visit the Russia's Olympic Fan House in Sochi)

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima today at the short track races

ANP Foto

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima yesterday evening at the Holland Heineken House with the Russian President Putin

ANP Foto

Last edited:
Sochi official site calls her Irene Wust too.
from wikipedia.nl: Irene Karlijn (Ireen) Wüst
Ireen seems is a nick-name

It's just like everybody calls her Ireen. When she is talking to the press after her race, she is always named 'Ireen Wüst'. Her official name is Irene, however, in daily life she is just called Ireen.
On her passport probably is 'Irene Karlijn Wüst', just as on the passport of the Princess of Orange is 'Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria', although she's called 'Amalia' in her daily life.

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima yesterday evening at the Holland Heineken House with the Russian President Putin

ANP Foto

I heard, that the NL press is quite unhappy about having WA&M in Sotchi in General - and mainly drinking beer so relaxed with Putin yesterday evening.
Is the Feedback better now since the NL Ice Skater had so many successes and the king handing over the medals by himself?
Bye Bine

King Willem-Alexander & Queen Máxima were present this morning during the shorttrack races, sadfully the Dutch didn't win anything. ANP PHOTO

In the afternoon they were present at ice skating Men's 500M. Again a complete Dutch podium, including two twin brothers. Another medal handing over from the King tomorrow?

Last edited:
:previous:
It is great to see the Dutch reigning couple attending the Games and passionately cheering for the Dutch team.

Maxima looked great today. Not much can go wrong with leather pants

:previous:

Albert already returned yesterday, February 10, and watched the Curling Round Robin at the Ice Cube Curling Center:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima today in Sochi.

ANP Foto

an AMAZING video from the NOS

They are so enthusiastic! Very nice to see how the King hugs the Queen after the finish and immediately starts to sing '1-2-3'. Brilliant!

Great video! Loved their reaction, especially when WA started to jump and celebrate. It was funny when he was sayin something like "Three! Three! It's finished! It's finished!" to the others around, one of them was Jacques Rogge, ex-IOC president. And Máxima was very chic and also dress appropriately for a sports event.
Norway won several medals today. In the Ladies' Sprint Free competition two Norwegians won gold and silver. It would be a nice idea if Haakon hand in the medals, right?

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima today in Sochi.

ANP Foto

I want a cap like this one! Is it available somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom