Royals Who are attending Sochi Winter Olympics 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who are the people in the last two pics?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Who are the people in the last two pics?

Princess Nora of Lichtenstein and Prince Faisal bin Al Hussein.

Sorry for not naming them earlier :flowers:

Oh. O.k. Thanks for the info polyesco.

Kronprinsen vil bremse OL-fråseri - Sport

As member of the IOC, Frederik has spoken out against the record-costs of the games in Sochi.
Actually so has the chairman of IOC, Thomas Bach.

Frederik says: "As conditions are today it is in the end the decision of the host country, how much money it will spend on the Olympics. I'm in no doubt that the athletic settings in Sochi will be unsurpassed. - We can take delight in that, but I do agree with members of the IOC who express concern over the vast amount of money the Russians have spend.
In the future I hope that IOC may be able to take ownership over some concepts, which will then be leased/rented to a new host-city, which then put/set it up and then IOC take it back after the games. That could (for example) be different arenas".

IOC have opened up for the idea of attaching conditions to hosting the olympics in the future, ensuring that the costs are kept down and that temporary venues are used instead as far as possible.

The spiralling costs have now led Stockholm and Munich/München to withdraw their bid for the winter-olympics in 2022.

Last edited:
Kronprinsen vil bremse OL-fråseri - Sport

As member of the IOC, Frederik has spoken out against the record-costs of the games in Sochi.
Actually so has the chairman of IOC, Thomas Bach.

Frederik says: "As conditions are today it is in the end the decision of the host country, how much money it will spend on the Olympics. I'm in no doubt that the athletic settings in Sochi will be unsurpassed. - We can take delight in that, but I do agree with members of the IOC who express concern over the vast amount of money the Russians have spend.
In the future I hope that IOC may be able to take ownership over some concepts, which will then be leased/rented to a new host-city, which then put/set it up and then IOC take it back after the games. That could (for example) be different arenas".

IOC have opened up for the idea of attaching conditions to hosting the olympics in the future, ensuring that the costs are kept down and that temporary venues are used instead as far as possible.

The spiralling costs have now led Stockholm and Munich/München to withdraw their bid for the winter-olympics in 2022.

Good for him in speaking out. I know he also spoke out about the discrimination of gays at the Olympic games and how it goes against the Olympic charter.

:previous: None are from the reigning houses AFAIK, but Prince Hubertus of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, a member of the non-reigning House of Hohenlohe, is skiing for Mexico. :flowers: I think the royals tend to compete more in the Summer Olympics.

Rather an unfortunate picture of Albert - don' t think he would still fit in a bobsleigh.

Last edited:
Just saw Willem-Alexander and Máxima watching men's 5000 m speed skating. Netherlands won the three medals - gold, silver and bronze in the same competition! Obviously the Brazilian narrator didn't know who WA and Máxima were :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Just saw Willem-Alexander and Máxima watching men's 5000 m speed skating. Netherlands won the three medals - gold, silver and bronze in the same competition! Obviously the Brazilian narrator didn't know who WA and Máxima were :nonono::nonono::nonono:

I watched it too. Great skating from Sven Kramer.
Video of Willem-Alexander cheering for Sven Kramer before his skating at the men's 5000 m speed skating.
Koninklijke gelukswens Kramer - NOS Olympische Spelen Sotsji 2014

Willem-Alexander interviewed about Kramer's gold and other medals
http://nos.nl/os2014/video/608033-koning-dolenthousiast-na-winst-kramer.html

Last edited:
I watched it too. Great skating from Sven Kramer.
Video of Willem-Alexander cheering for Sven Kramer before his skating at the men's 5000 m speed skating.
Koninklijke gelukswens Kramer - NOS Olympische Spelen Sotsji 2014

Willem-Alexander interviewed about Kramer's gold and other medals
Koning: dit is grandioos, ben extreem trots - NOS Olympische Spelen Sotsji 2014

Kramer was amazing! He was so much faster than his rivals and another gold in the 10000 m is expected.
Nice video! WA and Máxima always seem so cheerful and happy on these sports events. Love to see them on these occasions.

WA and Máxima on today event:

KRAMER SNELT NAAR RECORD - Telesport.nl - Sportnieuws, Voetbal, Wielersport, Tennis, Autosport en Schaatsen [Sotsji 2014]

Koning trots op koning Sven - TV | Altijd op de hoogte van het laatste nieuws met Telegraaf.nl [Actualiteit]

I didn't understand a thing but I really liked WA's backpack :)

do love watching the royals at olympics, they seem to be so much more relaxed!

Is princess mary of denmark coming?

This is a little off topic but are any royals participating in the Olympics?

:previous: None are from the reigning houses AFAIK, but Prince Hubertus of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, a member of the non-reigning House of Hohenlohe, is skiing for Mexico. :flowers: I think the royals tend to compete more in the Summer Olympics.

Why for Mexico? Does he live here and has Mexican citizenship?

Why for Mexico? Does he live here and has Mexican citizenship?

He was born in Mexico and has participated in the Olympics for them 5 times before.

Back
Top Bottom