Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I find it interesting to see the differences between the Belgian and Dutch abdication-events.
The Belgian K&Q seem to hold a large goodbye-tour, which p. Beatrix didn't do. Instead W-A&M held a 'hello-tour'. I have not seen any plans of F&M doing something like that. Have I missed or are they planning something different/or nothing at all?
You didn't miss anything, Queen Margaret is not abdicating nor announced she has plans, therefore Frederik & Mary have nothing planned.

I guess each royal house do things differently and have their own agenda how they handle, celebrate certain events.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
You didn't miss anything, Queen Margaret is not abdicating nor announced she has plans, therefore Frederik & Mary have nothing planned.

I guess each royal house do things differently and have their own agenda how they handle, celebrate certain events.
I think SLV may have been referring to Philippe and Mathilde

Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Courtier

Lol, yes I was indeed talking about Filip&Mathilde.
:-)
Old 07-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Here you can see other picture galleries without watermarks from Their Majesties' visit to Liège: 8000 personnes pour les adieux liégeois d'Albert II : re... (1) - Lavenir.net; http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/BOOgr...t+Liege/browse viz. http://www3.daylife.com/search?q=Liege+July+19+2013; http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/det...30720_00665152
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...5-2568b227750a; http://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/searc...os=25#15467480 (http://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/search.pp keywords: 20 ans règne Liège)
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I find it interesting to see the differences between the Belgian and Dutch abdication-events.
The Belgian K&Q seem to hold a large goodbye-tour, which p. Beatrix didn't do. Instead W-A&M held a 'hello-tour'. I have not seen any plans of F&M doing something like that. Have I missed or are they planning something different/or nothing at all?
It all happened really quickly and so who knows...probably they will replace King Albert and Queen Paola in all the visits already scheduled or, since it's more likely that they will go on vacation in August they will start a welcoming tour in September.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
It all happened really quickly and so who knows...probably they will replace King Albert and Queen Paola in all the visits already scheduled or, since it's more likely that they will go on vacation in August they will start a welcoming tour in September.
Hihi, getting crowned and then going to Holidays ..... not the most ideal Timing, but - at least to us - it was really "short notice", the abdication.

And YES, I know, they will not be "crowned" in the original sense (which is a pity, really).
BYe Bine
Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think SLV may have been referring to Philippe and Mathilde
Oops! So sorry, my misunderstanding
I would assume that the King & Queen will do their farewells now and the new King & Queens will do a tour later on in the year.

Pictures of today from GettyImages.com
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Courtier

The palace published a new book about Filip with some new private photos: video

VTM made a parody on the videoclip from Formidable by Stromae : article and video
They have a sketch show with parodies on Filip and Mathilde (there's a seperate thread about it in their thread)

A gallery about building the throne in the parliament.

Mr Flahaut, president of the chamber, says he has a response ready should anyone shout 'vive la république'
Old 07-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I have read some where in the Dutch press (don't ask me where) that the new king and ueen will also do a welcome tour trough Belgium and to other heads of state.

The 'blijde intrede' is a (re-invented) tradition from the times of the medieval dukes of Brabant btw.

--
According to the Belgian news there were 1000s op people in Liege., Nice that they finished their tour in this city, since they were both prince and princess of Liege for the largest part of their lives.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
The palace published a new book about Filip with some new private photos: video

VTM made a parody on the videoclip from Formidable by Stromae : article and video
They have a sketch show with parodies on Filip and Mathilde (there's a seperate thread about it in their thread)

A gallery about building the throne in the parliament.

Mr Flahaut, president of the chamber, says he has a response ready should anyone shout 'vive la république'
they definitely need to prepared if anyone tries to ruin the day to the new king. In the pictures you can see 7 chairs/thrones, I hope that two of them are of course for their majesties, King Albert and Queen Paola, one for the newest Queen Mathilde and the other 4 for the little princes
Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The pics of Albert and Paola arm in arm on the balcony in Liege, touched Paola kissing Albert, have been the best and most moving pics so far!

** parismatch gallery: Le dernier bain de foule d'Albert II **

** La emoción de Alberto y Paola de Bélgica en su último acto oficial como Reyes ** translation **
Old 07-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Nobility

the children of philippe and mathilde appeared on the balcony of the Royal Palace early this afternoon to watch all the arrangements taking place in front of the palace. they surprised everyone with this

Apparition surprise des enfants de Philippe et Mathilde au balcon du Palais (vidéo) - RTL info
Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Mathilde giving het childern the last instructions, rehersal at the balcony.
Pic - Clip

Preparations
Clip
Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

King Albert II. had held his annual sppech for the National Day which is also his farewell speech as King.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oops! So sorry, my misunderstanding
I would assume that the King & Queen will do their farewells now and the new King & Queens will do a tour later on in the year.

Pictures of today from GettyImages.com
I agree. When Albert came to the throne after the sudden death of King Baudouin he and Paola waited for the end of the official mourning period, then they embarked on the "Joyeuses Entrees" of the kingdom's nine provinces. I remember seeing the photos in all the royalty mags.

I think that in due time Philippe and Mathilde will do the same thing.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
the children of philippe and mathilde appeared on the balcony of the Royal Palace early this afternoon to watch all the arrangements taking place in front of the palace. they surprised everyone with this

Apparition surprise des enfants de Philippe et Mathilde au balcon du Palais (vidéo) - RTL info
They are growing up so quickly! Especially Elisabeth, who I think is turning into a little beauty. And all of the Brabant kids are going to be tall, like their parents.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
They are growing up so quickly! Especially Elisabeth, who I think is turning into a little beauty. And all of the Brabant kids are going to be tall, like their parents.
They sure are and what a lovely royal family the Belgians have.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Nobility

Prince Philippe payed tribute to his father King Albert during the concert with a speech and offering him a performance by "La Framboise Frivole"

La famille royale acclamée au Bozar, la "Framboise Frivole" en surprise du chef - 7SUR7.be
Old 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Lovely pics of this evening.