Belgian Introduction Visit to Italy; 19 February 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in Italy we are in the middle of a government crisis. The President of the Republic Giorgio Napolitano has just given a mandate to the Democratic Party leader Matteo Renzi to form a new government.
I don't know if this situation could affect the schedule of the upcoming introductory visit of the King and the Queen.

Here in Italy we are in the middle of a government crisis. The President of the Republic Giorgio Napolitano has just given a mandate to the Democratic Party leader Matteo Renzi to form a new government.
I don't know if this situation could affect the schedule of the upcoming introductory visit of the King and the Queen.

I was thinking about the same. The former PM Letta received King WA and Queen Maxima, it should be Renzi's duty to do so now. Unless now the president of one of the two Chambers will greet them (the honourable Mrs Boldrini or Senator Mr Grasso)

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
here's a video (is it just me or there's no audio at all?!) from the Presidency of the Republic website.

Quirinale

I wonder if they spoke French or Italian - I assume both the King and the Premier Di Rupo can speak Italian given their Italian roots

Given the unstable situation of the Italian goverment the regent couple wasn't received by the resigned
President of the Council of Ministers (even though as I understood they still had a breef meeting with him) but President Napolitano greet them inside the Quirinale Palace with the current minister of Foreign Affairs, Emma Bonino

Last edited:
Given the state of affairs in the Italian government, it is nice to see that President Napolitano received the coupe.

nieuws.vtm.be

I don't speak Flemish but from a few words I think Elio Di Rupo answered my previous question: the King actually spoke Italian.
In the first footage you can actually see the resigned Prime Minister Enrico Letta. In another footage (when they're all sitting in chairs) they're with the President of the Senate, Pietro Grasso

nieuws.vtm.be

I don't speak Flemish but from a few words I think Elio Di Rupo answered my previous question: the King actually spoke Italian.
In the first footage you can actually see the resigned Prime Minister Enrico Letta. In another footage (when they're all sitting in chairs) they're with the President of the Senate, Pietro Grasso

Thanks for the link! It's great to see that also the resigned Prime Minister Enrico Letta met the King and the Queen. :)

here's a video (is it just me or there's no audio at all?!) from the Presidency of the Republic website.

Quirinale

I wonder if they spoke French or Italian - I assume both the King and the Premier Di Rupo can speak Italian given their Italian roots

Given the unstable situation of the Italian goverment the regent couple wasn't received by the resigned
President of the Council of Ministers (even though as I understood they still had a breef meeting with him) but President Napolitano greet them inside the Quirinale Palace with the current minister of Foreign Affairs, Emma Bonino

Yes, there is no audio :bang: :sad:

Mathilde looked amazing in Armani, Philippe his usual handsome self :D

Back
Top Bottom