Abdication of Albert II and Oath of Philippe, 21 July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the pics only Amedeo was missing.Do we know why?

Yeah, the reporters said it too, but they didn't give a reason. Maybe it has to do something with his work/where he lives? That it wasn't possible to fly over or something?

I adore the paola's emotion!
mathilde every day more beautiful and elegant! a beautiful queen

Conratulations King Philippe, Queen Mathilde
and Belgian Royal Family
Queen Mathilde always noble, elegance and beautiful.
New dress blue and White, beautiul.
http://www.rtl.be/info

Does anyone have a link to the clip where Albert was kissing Paola? Such a sweet moment. :)

King Philippe I Of Belgium Takes Throne
BRUSSELS — Belgians shouted "Long live the king" Sunday to welcome their new monarch to the throne on a sunny national holiday. But several legislators from northern Flanders boycotted King Philippe I's coronation, highlighting longstanding feuding between the nation's Dutch-speaking Flemings and Francophones – the biggest challenge the new monarch will face.

In his first speech as king shortly after his father King Albert II abdicated, Philippe made no attempt to paper over those cracks, instead casting the country's division between its 6 million Dutch-speaking Flemings and 4.5 million Francophones as one of its strengths.

What a beautiful day! The new King and Queen and their family look wonderful.

God Bless Them.

Congratulations to the Belgian people with your new King and Queen! They seem like a happy, committed and capable couple. I was able to watch the entire proceedings on our TV and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very different from the Dutch inauguration, but still very moving and special.

...and Brussels seems like a city worth visiting...

Full house? Not so full; where are the children of Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent?

The 3 girls of Princess Astrid were sitting behind the King's brother en Sister with the unexpected Princess Lea.

Everybody noticed that Prince Laurent was in a very bad mood the whole day and did not attend the popular ball on July 20th. Why ??

Everybody noticed that Prince Laurent was in a very bad mood the whole day and did not attend the popular ball on July 20th. Why ??

And Claire rolling her eyes all the time.
No idea... Maybe because he's not going to be a big deal anymore? No idea...

Full house? Not so full; where are the children of Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent?

In poker, a full house is three of one kind (queens, for example) and a pair of another!

I was very charmed by their balcony appearance in the evening.
Mathilde looked very moved by the crowd standing in front of the palace and Philippe was still as relaxed as he was all day.
They looked utterly happy with their new role and each other.

I noticed him at the Te Deum/Mass wearing sunglasses (even inside the Cathedral) and he didn't look too happy!

And Claire rolling her eyes all the time.
No idea... Maybe because he's not going to be a big deal anymore? No idea...

Won't Laurent and Astrid need to help out for the next 10-15 years till Elisabeth finishes her education? I'd have thought he would have a bigger role to play if anything. Maybe something to do with the family dynamic and relationships?

Last edited:
Won't Laurent and Astrid need to help out for the next 10-15 years till Elisabeth finishes her education? I'd have thought he would have a bigger role to play if anything. Maybe something to do with the family dynamic and relationships?

Astrid is going to lead the next two economic missions. After that, it could be one of her children like Amedeo, press said. It is not known who it will be officially. I doubt they'll let Laurent do it though, with all his scandals and stuff :)

there is 'one' in every family and Laurent is it for this family.it just never goes right for them for whatever reason.

Is there HQ pictures of the official portraits of the new King and Queen and family out there?
I only found so far, smaller ones, sadly.

Yesterday, I watched all the ceremonies with emotion.

The royal couple is lovely, queen Mathilde is very beautiful and the children are so cute. i like this family.

Back
Top Bottom