The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What tiara will princess Madelaine of Sweden wear for her wedding ceremony
1) Cameo tiara 67 60.36%
2) Connaught tiara 18 16.22%
3) Baden Fringe Tiara 4 3.60%
4) Modern Fringe tiara 13 11.71%
5) Six Button Tiara 2 1.80%
6) Four button Tiara 1 0.90%
7) Laurel Tiara 3 2.70%
8) Other Tiara 3 2.70%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Aristocracy

I voted for the Cameo tiara. It's a beautiful piece and something special all Swedish royal brides should be able to wear on their wedding day.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Commoner

I think it will be the Cameo but for an outsider Queen Josephine's amythyst as "something blue" or purple.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Nobility

I don't think she's going to pick the Connaught tiara on her wedding day, since she used it already for her sister's. I exclude the Modern FringeTiara, for the same reason..she has worn it too many time before. I think it might be Cameo Tiara for her as well, as it appears to be the wedding tiara for almost all the Swedish Princesses (Queen in Silvia's case). But if I was her, I'd choose the Laurel Tiara.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Royal Highness

my prefer Baden Fringe Tiara
Old 05-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Commoner

Please not the Cameo Tiara, I have never liked it....
But sadly she will probably follow tradition and wear it. Hoping for Modern Fringe though... Suits her much more and very bridal.....
Old 05-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
my prefer Baden Fringe Tiara
I highly doubt Madeleine will ever wear that tiara as Queen Victoria of Sweden only wanted the tiara to be worn by Queens and Crown Princesses only. However, Princess Lillian and the kings sisters have worn the tiara for some reason.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I highly doubt Madeleine will ever wear that tiara as Queen Victoria of Sweden only wanted the tiara to be worn by Queens and Crown Princesses only. However, Princess Lillian and the kings sisters have worn the tiara for some reason.
I'm quite glad that they didn't let the tiara gather dust for all those years when there wasn't a CP in Sweden. But since Victoria started wearing the fringe it was only occasionally shared with dear Princess Lillian. Probably they had a soft spot for that grand old lady.
There seems to be a marked devision between the Baden fringe and the Modern fringe: one is only worn by Victoria, the other is only worn by Madeleine. I'd be very surprised, if Madeleine would ever wear the Baden fringe.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Gentry

I voted for the Cameo tiara and I hope she will follow the tradition started by Princess Birgitta.

I think the Cameo will be an equivalent the Kediv of Egypt tiara in Denmark (now owned by Queen Anna Maria of Greece), only Princesses in their own right may wear it.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasine View Post
I voted for the Cameo tiara and I hope she will follow the tradition started by Princess Birgitta.

I think the Cameo will be an equivalent the Kediv of Egypt tiara in Denmark (now owned by Queen Anna Maria of Greece), only Princesses in their own right may wear it.
I hope you are right about the "Princesses in their own right". I dread to see it on Sophia one day. But that is my very personal emotion .
Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

Well, Queen Silvia was neither a Princess nor a Queen in her own rights. But I really, really hope, that the Cameo will continue the "little tradition" of being worn by Royal Swedish Brides.
Bye Bine
Old 05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasine View Post

It's more fun that way! Silva was a exception of course! She married the king for goodness sakes!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Not very likely but it would be interesting if she wore the amethyst tiara. It is rare to see a colored tiara on a royal bride plus, no Swedish royal has worn that tiara on their wedding day. I don't like the tiara so I hope she won't pick that one. I also hope she won't wear the Modern Fringe tiara as she has worn it so many times.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Not very likely but it would be interesting if she wore the amethyst tiara. It is rare to see a colored tiara on a royal bride plus, no Swedish royal has worn that tiara on their wedding day. I don't like the tiara so I hope she won't pick that one. I also hope she won't wear the Modern Fringe tiara as she has worn it so many times.
Interesting idea! Kind of like it -but I too am my a fan of the diadem.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Courtier

I don't like the tiara's that seem to float above the head or where you can clearly see the supporting system like the amethyst, the six button and the modern fringe.
IMO the Connaught tiara and the fringe tiara are the most beautiful in the swedish collection. And I think Madeleine also looked good with the four button tiara.
But I think she will go with the tradition of wearing the cameo.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I opted for the Cameo Tiara merely out of its Swedish Royal wedding tradition but perhaps Princess Madeleine might not follow this tradition.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Nobility

I think she will follow tradition with the cameo.

I think the laurel or amethyst would suit her better though. Or if she is to wear one she has worn before, then the Connaught.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Courtier

I voted for the Cameo tiara for Madeleine beacuse i think this is the one she will wear on the wedding day - but i would much prefer her to wear the connaught tiara with a lace-gown.

I think the Queen will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure and will be very happy if she does. I hope that Crownprincess Victoria will wear a new to hear tiara, most of all the Estelle parure (IF the rumours are true that they have bought it), but otherwise the Ruby tiara, the Connaught tiara or the Nine-prong tiara (together with the pink-topaz or emerald demi-parure )

Would love to see Sofia (C-P girlfriend) in the four-button or Victorias small (first) or Madeleins aquamarine tiara, but that´s maybe not very likely. But it is VERY likely that they get engaged before this year ends imo.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
I voted for the Cameo tiara for Madeleine beacuse i think this is the one she will wear on the wedding day - but i would much prefer her to wear the connaught tiara with a lace-gown.

I think the Queen will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure and will be very happy if she does. I hope that Crownprincess Victoria will wear a new to hear tiara, most of all the Estelle parure (IF the rumours are true that they have bought it), but otherwise the Ruby tiara, the Connaught tiara or the Nine-prong tiara (together with the pink-topaz or emerald demi-parure )

Would love to see Sofia (C-P girlfriend) in the four-button or Victorias small (first) or Madeleins aquamarine tiara, but that´s maybe not very likely. But it is VERY likely that they get engaged before this year ends imo.
What is Estelle's parure? What does this look like?

Also, because they are not married yet, I don't believe that Sofia will be wearing any tiaras on her head, unless CP purchases on for her. Then again, perhaps the king will change the rules now that a possible engagement is on the horizon... Don't see that however, as the press and coverage of her in a tiara would distract from the lady of the day! Not cool! It's Madeleine's day!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post

What is Estelle's parure? What does this look like?

Also, because they are not married yet, I don't believe that Sofia will be wearing any tiaras on her head, unless CP purchases on for her. Then again, perhaps the king will change the rules now that a possible engagement is on the horizon... Don't see that however, as the press and coverage of her in a tiara would distract from the lady of the day! Not cool! It's Madeleine's day!!!
It's a pink tourmaline parure that once belonged to Countess Estelle Bernadotte, wife of Folke Bernadotte. Some time ago it was rumoured that the king had bought it back from her children but there is no confirmation yet.

If Carl Philip and Sofia are not engaged at the wedding day it's unlikely that she will wear any royal jewel. However does someone know if Prince Carl Philip inherited Princess Lilians tiara ?
If he did Sofia might very well turn up in it as then it's not belonging to the royal family but is Carl Philips private property
Old 05-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Royal Highness

I voted 'Other' because I (still) want her to wear the other Connaught tiara, the ruby heartshapped one. That was my vote for her previous wedding too.

Tags
poll, princess madeleine, tiara, wedding tiara