Princess Madeleine of Sweden's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyFinn

Imperial Majesty
City
Southwest
Country
Finland
Expressen has asked from some royal experts, whan kind of a wedding dress and wedding ring Madeleine will have.
Johan T Lindwall, royal reporter at Expressen
The dress:
- I am convinced that it is designed by a swedish designer.
Ring:
- I know that Madeleine was with Chris in London and chose her engagement ring. I believe that Madeleine has decided herself also the wedding ring. It can certainly be obtained in Stockholm by one of the Royal Jewellers. The ring probably is very tasteful and stylish.
Sten Hedman, royal expert
The dress:
- I believe that Madeleine wants to be quite spectacular. She doesn't want to be so insanely regal, but a little bolder but still within limits. It will not be an equally traditional dress that her aunts had. I think she chooses a swedish designer who gets a little more freedom in the design.
Ring:
- Formally, it is Chris who chooses and buys it. Madeleine has certainly helped and given clear instructions, she is determined and knows what she wants. Again, I believe in something extra and exciting, maybe it will be from an American jeweler.
Johanna Lejon, royal reporter at Svensk Damtidning
The dress:
- It wouldn't surprise me if Madeleine chooses lace. She really likes it and has had many lace dresses recently. She can loosen up more than Victoria could.
Ring:
- The engagement ring is very large and quite modern. The wedding ring will also be modern, also in platinum with diamonds. I think it will be an eternity ring which agrees well with the engagement ring. I think Chris knows what Madeleine wants, she is quite definite in her taste.
Hovexperterna om Maddes svåra val Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

I vote for a lace dress also, a glamorous and rich dress!!

I vote for a lace dress also, a glamorous and rich dress!!

Same... She looks gorgeous in lace! I don't see Valentino doing anything less for her -my favorite dress for her in terms of the Nobel dresses was the grey all lace Ellie Saab dress that she wore I believe last year! So, my hope is for lace too as she looks magnificent in it.

No matter what though, Madeline will be a stunning bride! Can't wait!!

Same... She looks gorgeous in lace! I don't see Valentino doing anything less for her -my favorite dress for her in terms of the Nobel dresses was the grey all lace Ellie Saab dress that she wore I believe last year! So, my hope is for lace too as she looks magnificent in it.

it wasn't elie saab but dolce and gabanna.
A princess in Dolce&Gabbbana - Vogue.it

i'm hoping (and i'm sure will be) that the wedding dress will be better than the messy dress she chose for the bans. i don't think she will disappoint us in her big day. we are up for some dazzle, i'm keeping fingers crossed for an amazing tiara and a great dress (like the "wow dress" we saw at the wedding in luxembourg). :)

it wasn't elie saab but dolce and gabanna.
A princess in Dolce&Gabbbana - Vogue.it

i'm hoping (and i'm sure will be) that the wedding dress will be better than the messy dress she chose for the bans. i don't think she will disappoint us in her big day. we are up for some dazzle, i'm keeping fingers crossed for an amazing tiara and a great dress (like the "wow dress" we saw at the wedding in luxembourg). :)

My expectations for Countess Stephanie de Lannoy's bridal gown could not possibly have been lower. All I was hoping for was that she wouldn't completely embarrass herself. So when she stepped out of that limo in the most exquisitely gorgeous Royal bridal gown I have seen in years I was floored, in fact I still haven't recovered from the shock of it. :ohmy:

It's the complete opposite for Madeleine. I expect her to knock my socks off and if it doesn't happen I will be surprised....

Last edited:
Queen Maxima's Valentino bridal gown is one of my Top Five Royal Wedding Dresses(tied with Stephanie at #2 in fact)...so I am keeping fingers crossed that he gives us another stunner, this time for Madeleine.

Well if Madeleine goes for the Cameo Tiara and the antique lace veil we could run into heavy waters if her dress is lace too! It would all be OTT.

It seems "The Veil" has been used as a "softening" effect against the grandeur of the Cameo, with both her mother and sister going with almost severe dresses to compensate but, if she doesn't wear the veil well lace could be it for the dress. But problematic of the veil.

But then that leaves the tiara?

Last edited:
Well if Madeleine goes for the Cameo Tiara and the antique lace veil we could run into heavy waters if her dress is lace too! It would all be OTT.

It seems "The Veil" has been used as a "softening" effect against the grander of the Cameo, with both her mother and sister going with almost severe dresses to compensate but, if she doesn't wear the veil well lace could be it for the dress. But problematic of the veil.

But then that leaves the tiara?

I just don't see her forgoing the veil! I am fairly certain she will choose that! As much as I would LOVE to see that cameo on her head, now that we have the news of a Valentino dress locked, it's likely she won't wear it.

I hope it's Valentino. Maxima's wedding dress is one of my all time favorites. However I doubt she will wear a gown like Maxima's. I hope I will absolutely love her gown like I did her sisters.

I hope it's Valentino. Maxima's wedding dress is one of my all time favorites. However I doubt she will wear a gown like Maxima's. I hope I will absolutely love her gown like I did her sisters.

Agreed!

Maxima's dress IS my all time favorite!!!! Love, love, love that dress! No doubt that Madeline will be a stunning bride!

Really exciting can't wait for the big day....

Agreed!

Maxima's dress IS my all time favorite!!!! Love, love, love that dress! No doubt that Madeline will be a stunning bride!

Just like the geek I am, I carried a clipping of Maxima's gown around in my purse for days. I thought it so beautiful and elegant I couldn't stop staring at it! :p

Just like the geek I am, I carried a clipping of Maxima's gown around in my purse for days. I thought it so beautiful and elegant I couldn't stop staring at it! :p

I still go and read up on Max's dress and I still search google photos... It was a one of a kind and SO STUNNING! I want to have a dress someone similar to her dress or at least with a neckline like that -loved it!

If Madeline is in fact wearing Valentino, I only hope her dress does the same for us that Maxima's did. I don't want to see the same dress on her obviously, but I do want typical Valentino and a show stopper on a beautiful young woman!

There is not doubt in my mind that Madeleine will WOW us all!:princess: Less that two days to go and we will see the most stunning dress that she will ever wear!

Official Confirmation: Valentino Garavani is the designer of the wedding gown

Press Release

Well this could either be fantastic or awful IMO.

I agree. Even though Valentino has made beautiful wedding gowns, he has made awful ones as well. For example, Marie-Chantal's wedding gown was way too much in my opinion. Nevertheless, I am still excited that Valentino is the designer.

Last edited:
First big disappointment, I hoped for the last minute Madeleine would have chosen a swedish designer. It is posh and tacky to announce the designer already today, when they can't tell anything about the details.

Last edited:
First big disappointment, I hoped for the last minute Madeleine would have chosen a swedish designer.

Agree......
:ermm::ermm:.....Valentino can create something gorgeous but big and endless that can totally hide the bride:sad: I almost see those kilometres and miles of tafetta

I'm sure her dress wouldn't be as awful as MC's dress. Her Mom & sister could have been there when she was designing the dress with Valentino. I can't wait to see the dress!

I'm sure her dress wouldn't be as awful as MC's dress. Her Mom & sister could have been there when she was designing the dress with Valentino. I can't wait to see the dress!

Agreed! Madeline is getting married in 2013, and Marie-Chantal married in 1996, so my thought is that if it were awful, that it would be awful for 2013 and not 1996.... There is a bit of a style difference.

I personally loved Marie-Chantal's dress, but, we will see.

I wonder if Valentino himself actually designed the dress which could be amazing or its his new designers who could do not such an elegant job.

:previous:

As the press release specifically stated Valentino Garavani and not just Valentino, I'm inclined to believe that Valentino himself designed the gown, not the house.

i'm confused now? They aren't the same person?

The same:) but Valentino means brand and fashion house, Valentino Garavani means designer himself

Back
Top Bottom