Princess Madeleine of Sweden's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this dress... from the bust up.

The waist bothers me. The skirt and bodice just join in a straight seam. I think it would have looked better if the skirt either flowed from the bodice (like Stéphanie's wedding dress) or had a waistband (like Victoria's wedding dress). Maybe if it was just lower? I don't know, but it just bothered me.

About the hem: The person I was watching the wedding with said "Oh look, her dress has a dust ruffle!". At least it wasn't as poufy (and bad) as Sibilla of Luxembourg's!.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love, love , love it and think Madde looks absolutely stunning.

She looks sooo wonderful!
BYe Bine

The waist bothers me. The skirt and bodice just join in a straight seam. I think it would have looked better if the skirt either flowed from the bodice (like Stéphanie's wedding dress) or had a waistband (like Victoria's wedding dress). Maybe if it was just lower? I don't know, but it just bothered me.

I think Madeleine's dress came with what is called a natural waist.

About the hem: The person I was watching the wedding with said "Oh look, her dress has a dust ruffle!". At least it wasn't as poufy (and bad) as Sibilla of Luxembourg's!.

That exactly what I thought also, but I actually think Madeleine's dress is more beautiful. Au contraire of most people here I'm not a big fan of lace, I think it's well balanced.

Well the dress is lovely but It Looks a bit frumpy in the waist...it just don't fit her in the waist it should Be more elegant.....not the best but not bad either!

I think Madeleine's dress came with what is called a natural waist.
Tottaly agreee!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just logged on to have a quick glimpse at the bride - thanks for the Daily Mail links. The thing that struck me is that she and Chris look radiant; so lovely to see.

Then I saw a parade of guests; I can safely say that nobody upstaged the bride from what I could see..... :p

YAAAAAAYYYY!! I love it, Madeleine looks gorgeous!! Beautiful gown...rather worried after last night!:ROFLMAO:

Just logged on to have a quick glimpse at the bride - thanks for the Daily Mail links. The thing that struck me is that she and Chris look radiant; so lovely to see.

Then I saw a parade of guests; I can safely say that nobody upstaged the bride from what I could see..... :p

Hehe yep!

I love her dress, the flowers anchoring the tiara, the makeup, everything! She looked radiant!

And now, please, tell me someone, why this dress couldn't have been tailored by a swedish designer ???

It's nothing special, really !!! You can even buy these kind of dresses in bridal stores from Pronovias and others.

Plus shade of white just doesn't suit her and what does that bordure at the skirts bottom?

It's nice but not overwhleming.

I totally agree. The dress is very odd from the waist, it gives Madeleine a lot of extra kilos. And the top part isn't very beautiful either. All this fuss that it will be a Valentino. I was expecting something truly beautiful and special. But a big plus that she didn't wear the Cameo Tiara.

I think Madeline look wonderful. I love, love her dress.

Did you notice the Queen of Hearts? She was right behind a lady resembling Mary Tyler Moore.

Although the dress isn't the best but I like it and Madeleine looks really good and happy so that makes me forget about the dress
I really like her fringe tiara but I was hoping for something else that she usually wouldn't wear.
I wish her a happy marriage.

There is a lot going on with this dress and thank goodness that there was not the traditional lace veil and Cameo tiara. That would have been truly awful. The plainer veil and tiara works.

I dont like meringue dresses normally but she looks lovely in this - it suits her and really that's all that matters.

I love that dress, she looked so wonderful

Quite an unattractive dress, Madeleine comes off as more chic than her sister and I'm surprised her dress isn't as nice as Victoria's.

Disappointed.. she looked stunning from the neck up..Thats it...Love the hair , tiara and makeup..earrings gorgeous.

not a fan of the dress or sleeves...

She looks lovely and glowing (even Chris looks happy, which is surprising) but the dress doesn't hold a wow-factor. It's still better than majority of the wedding dresses worn by the royals

Here is the sketch:

Pic

The sketch is beautiful, the dress is not. This is usually how this happens though I think Charlene's, Victoria, and Mary's dresses ended up better than the sketches. Stephanie's sketch was a masterpiece her dress was gorgeous. Madeleine's dress really needed the fullness and designs on the skirt.

The dress is pretty, but not overwhelming to me. However, Princess Madeleine looked absolutely fantastic and radiant on her wedding day, I am really glad that she finally found a good partner who makes her happy.
The delicate long veil, the sparkling tiara & her earrings were absolutely lovely and flattering her charming personality & look! The hair & make-up was perfect too :)
A very romantic,glamourous wedding and a beautiful bride :flowers:

Interesting that they only stated that the tiara was "privately owned".
The tiara is a gift from king Carl Gustaf to his wife queen Silvia, it doesn't belong to the Bernadotte collection.

Very pretty dress, but nothing really special - I expected something a bit more striking from her. She definitely looks nice, though.

Back
Top Bottom