Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guillaume and Stéphanie of Luxembourg will attend according to the agenda at monarchie.lu

I am surprised no one from the Dutch family are attending, but of course it's a personal choice.

George VI of Great Britain did it.

And King Edward VII gave princely titles for the children of her daughter, Princess Louise, the Princess Royal. They become Their Highnesses Princesses Alexandra and Maud of Fife.

The friends of Madeleine and Chris are planning a surprise for the couple, they have prepared special gifts for a long time. There is a gift with a special connection to Madeleine and Chris, and a speech will be held for them in Grand Hotel. Many of Chris' relatives and friends visit Sweden for the first time due to the wedding, and Madeleine wants to offer much traditional swedish. Together with her mentor Lena Ramel she has organized a musical experience from Hälsingland. Lena Ramel says that Madeleine's duchy is very close to her heart and they were thinking how she could tie with it, and then the music popped up. Ramel has organized about ten folk musicians in the age between 15 and 25 to perform.
– Det kommer att bli exotiskt Nyheter Aftonbladet

Still, I suspect that Madeleine's children will not get any title.

I believe they will be commoners, like the children of Princesses Margaretha and Christina.

It will be interesting to see if the same happens for the children of prince Carl Philip.

As for Prince Carl Philip's children, I think they'll follow the Danish example: giving them the title of Princes/Princess of Sweden, but with the style of Highness.

I think at the end of the day Madeleine is 'only' the third child of the monarch. I don't see why people should be surprised if some other royal families aren't represented.

I think her children won't receive a title and IMHO they shouldn't. It would be different if Victoria was unmarried and childless. However Madeleine is likely to continue living and working in New York, as will Chris, and as such they will be members of the family but not very present in the Court side of things.

I think, personally, that there are quite a large number of royals attending given Madeleine is not an heir. I'm surprised that Edward and Sophie Wessex are attending, I'd have expected pretty much a Scandanavian affair.

As for the titles of children,,,,time will tell. But I think it will depend on where they grown up, if they are raised (and educated) in Sweden they could be given titles but if they stay in America or London I highly doubt it.

I think at the end of the day Madeleine is 'only' the third child of the monarch. I don't see why people should be surprised if some other royal families aren't represented.

I think her children won't receive a title and IMHO they shouldn't. It would be different if Victoria was unmarried and childless. However Madeleine is likely to continue living and working in New York, as will Chris, and as such they will be members of the family but not very present in the Court side of things.

Prince Andrew was only the third child of the Monarch when he married in 1986 and I think the Royal turnout was pretty big, particularly as they married in Westminster Abbey which has A LOT of seats to fill. King and Queen of Norway (Plus Crown Prince and Princess at the time), Sweden, Greece, Luxembourg Grand Duke and Duchess to name a few.

I expect someone from the Jordanian royal family to show up...perhaps one or two of Prince Hassan's children. Although it'd be nice to see Prince Ali and Princess Rym attending.

The court has confirmed to Svensk Damtidning that Chris' half sisters from his father's side, Stephanie, Annalisa and Karen, are all coming to the wedding.

I am surprised no one from the Dutch family are attending, but of course it's a personal choice.

There are a lot of birthday celebrations in the Dutch family in the weekend of the Swedish royal wedding
Leonore has her birthday on June 3rd and Eloise on June 8th.
Last year the family celebrated the birthdays in Brussels in the weekend

So I am not so surprised about the absence of the family.
I think that the new King and Queen have to make an official visit to the King and Queen of Sweden before they can accept an invitation. Besides Princess Madeleine is not the heir and is keen to have a more intimate wedding

Some royals will be present at the Bilderberg conference in the UK, held from 6 till 9 June at Watford UK

I can imagine that Princess Beatrix will attend

Last edited:
I belive that is true but sometimes a good friendship comes inf ront of all these Royal burocracy!
And if many royals familys are saying that this not the heir wedding and they would't go I think that the best thing that should have been done was a private weeding..with friends
:ermm:

Why should she not have a wedding fit for a princess just because a lot of royals aren't coming? I'm sure she and Chris will enjoy the day no matter who is there. She is a princess of Sweden and I am sure they would like to share in her day.

One week to go and still no clue as to her wedding attendants? When did they announce Victoria's?

One week to go and still no clue as to her wedding attendants? When did they announce Victoria's?

At Victoria's and Daniel's wedding the guest list was published two days before the wedding, and the page boys and flower girls were announced three days before the wedding. The priests at Madeleine's wedding have been announced weeks ago.

A giant marquee/tent has been built to the garden of the Drottningholm Palace. The wedding dinner for the invited approximately 250 guests will be served at the tent, confirmed Bertil Ternert from the press department to Expressen. There aren't enough space at the 220 rooms of the Palace for the dinner...
Prinsesse Madeleines bryllups-slot ikke stort nok til festen

At Victoria's and Daniel's wedding dinner were 558 guests.

Last edited:
Is anyone coming from Monaco?

We don´t know. Would be nice, Madeleine attended Albert´s wedding.

A pity that the Dutch House is not represented. You can compare Madeleine´s wedding to Märtha´s and there Maxima and WA attended. The situation now will be a result of the WA`s kingship and Amalia still being too young.

Last edited by a moderator:
At Victoria's and Daniel's wedding the guest list was published two days before the wedding, and the page boys and flower girls were announced three days before the wedding. The priests at Madeleine's wedding have been announced weeks ago.

A giant marquee/tent has been built to the garden of the Drottningholm Palace. The wedding dinner for the invited approximately 250 guests will be served at the tent, confirmed Bertil Ternert from the press department to Expressen. There aren't enough space at the 220 rooms of the Palace for the dinner...
Prinsesse Madeleines bryllups-slot ikke stort nok til festen

At Victoria's and Daniel's wedding dinner were 558 guests.
Really too small?? I remember visiting the Palace last summer and thinking how huge the ballroom was. Perhaps they're leaving that empty for the wedding waltz.

I'm quite sure that WA and Maxima will keep up their close relationship with the other royals of their generation. Maybe they would have attended Madeleine's wedding if it weren't so short after the investment. Just now their calendar is overflowing with introductory visits and the visits to the provinces.

Has anything been heard from Luxembourg? I'd love to see Guillaume and Stéphanie attending. Being so newly married, it must be very emotional to attend another wedding.

I must admit for once I am enjoying the complaints about lack of representation from the DRF instead of the usual moaning about the BRF.

Maybe some royal houses think that if they sent representants to Madeleine's wedding, they have to also send someone to Carl Philip's wedding, and are cautious with it.

I'm quite sure that WA and Maxima will keep up their close relationship with the other royals of their generation. Maybe they would have attended Madeleine's wedding if it weren't so short after the investment. Just now their calendar is overflowing with introductory visits and the visits to the provinces.

Has anything been heard from Luxembourg? I'd love to see Guillaume and Stéphanie attending. Being so newly married, it must be very emotional to attend another wedding.

Stephanie and Guillaume will attend:flowers:
Wort.lu - Guillaume & Stéphanie to attend royal wedding in Sweden

Really too small?? I remember visiting the Palace last summer and thinking how huge the ballroom was. Perhaps they're leaving that empty for the wedding waltz.

I was there in late 2010 after the Wedding of Victoria and Daniel. And then the guide told that they where not allowed to dance in the Ballroom because of the old wooden floor.

I am so excited to see that the hereditary couple will be attending they are so cute and in love! Not only that, I just love the Lux family in general!

I would like to one day see Princess Tessy attend a wedding! That would be wonderful! But, in stoked that Guillaume and Stephanie will be attending! Excited to see her head hear ;)

I must admit for once I am enjoying the complaints about lack of representation from the DRF instead of the usual moaning about the BRF.

You and me both. For once they can't complain that they are sending the Queen's youngest son to the wedding of a King's youngest child.

Claes Jernaeus, the Head of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs Press Centre, told to finnish Iltalehti, that about 340 representants of the media have applied for accreditation for the wedding, 58 per cent of these are from abroad. The foreign photo agencies are well represented - most of them come from Spain, France, Germany, Britain and USA.
At Victoria's and Daniel's wedding there was about 2000 accredited representants of the media.
Jernaeus isn't surprised that there is so much less interest in the media than three years ago. He says that it reflects well that Victoria was the heir, and the first of the siblings to get married. It was very unique in every way. And this time the groom is much stranger to the Swedes than Daniel, whose way from small Ockelbo as the darling of the crownprincess was like a fairytale.
Madeleine jää siskolleen kakkoseksi Kuninkaalliset Iltalehti.fi

The first part of Expressen's specials due to the wedding, there will be three parts. The first part is "The party princess".
Madde & Chris - del 1 | Madde & Chris | Kungligt
The other part will be put online on Tuesday, it is "The escape to New York"
The third part will be put online on Friday, it is "The Love Story"

will there be a balcony scene on the day of the wedding? I dont remember reading anything about that on the royal court website
thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom