Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than three months to go until the wedding now! And I'm so excited it's a confirmed white tie event :flowers:

Yay I'm excited now!
Any word on if it will be televised?

Aftonbladet has speculated of Madeleine's and Chris' life after the wedding.
The wedding will change especially Chris' life quite much.
- Chris has already become a public person and getting married brings more and more changes, says Roger Lundgren, the chief editor of Kungliga Magasinet.

Title
The court will announce close to the wedding whether Chris gets a royal title after the wedding. Theoretically, Chris could become a prince or a duke. To get the title you have to be a Swedish citizen. But anyone who is a foreign citizen can bestow Swedish citizenship and thus become duke or prince of Sweden, says the king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff.

Work
Currently, Chris is a co-owner at Noster Capital management company. Very little is known about the company's affairs.
- It is not unlikely that Chris now earned money on the crisis that the banks are undergoing. In the future it is difficult for Chris to combine their transactions and his new role in the royal family. says Emanuel Sidea, journalist for Veckans Affärer -magazine.
- I believe that Chris leaves the company within one year of the wedding. Pressure on it grows as he becomes a part of the royal family, Sidea says.
Nu säger de ja – till förändring Nyheter Aftonbladet

Stefano Catenacci and Operakällaren will be responsible for wedding dinner June 8 at Drottningholm Palace.
Traktör utsedd för bröllopsmiddagen den 8 juni 2013 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited:
Stefano Catenacci says that there will be about 50 chefs dealing with the dinner, like at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding. It feels a little easier given that he has done it once before. Catenacci didn't want to talk about if Madeleine and Chris had some requests for the dinner. The only thing that really differs is that there will be more guests from the United States. The menu will be ready some weeks before the wedding. Catenacci sees this as "once in a lifetime" duty. It's not every day a royal gets married, so it's great fun and it's great that he was trusted again. It means that they are happy with what he has done. To the question if he will make Carl Philip's wedding dinner also he said that he can't decide that. Although he is a purveyor, it is no guarantee that he will get to do the dinner at that wedding as well.
Madeleine i Victorias fotspår Nyheter Aftonbladet

Madeleine and Chris will have a luxurious private party the day before the wedding, 7th June, at the Grand Hotel. They have rented the whole Winter Garden, Mattias Dahlgren will be the chef and about 350 guests will be invited.
Madeleine and Chris were looking for a place for the party when they were in Sweden, the Royal Palace was an option, but they decided to keep it at the Grand Hotel, since almost all Chris' guests will be staying there.
The court will not inform about the private party the day before the wedding and Princess Madeleine has made it clear that this is a party for friends, family and relatives. Although some of the invited royals are also coming to the private party.
SVT is still negotiating about the TV-coverage of the wedding.
Madde firar bröllopet med exklusiv lyxfest Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

An invitation to the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, from Svensk Damtidning.
The wedding will have a white tie and tiara dress code, and begin at 4:00pm at the Royal Chapel. The court as earlier told that the celebration will continue at Drottningholm Palace.
Nu har inbjudningarna till Chris och Madeleines bröllop kommit! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

That's a relief!! Now I'll be able to watch it LIVE when the Royals arrive. Here was me thinking that it would probably start at 12pm or something, and that's when I'm at work... Now we have confirmation that it begins at 4pm. Plenty of time for me to get home, lol! :D LOVE that it's a white tie and tiara dress code.

Madeleine and Chris will have a luxurious private party the day before the wedding, 7th June, at the Grand Hotel. They have rented the whole Winter Garden, Mattias Dahlgren will be the chef and about 350 guests will be invited. ....
The court will not inform about the private party the day before the wedding and Princess Madeleine has made it clear that this is a party for friends, family and relatives.

And tabloid Expressen did their best to make a problem of the private party:sad:! However I suppose that as long as the Swedish RF pay their own way, they are entitled to a celebration without intruding cameras! When it comes to Swedish RF media relations maybe the extensive covering of Victorias wedding was the exception rather than the rule, or what??

viv

I am soo looking forward to see the bride walking down the aisle.

And tabloid Expressen did their best to make a problem of the private party:sad:! However I suppose that as long as the Swedish RF pay their own way, they are entitled to a celebration without intruding cameras! When it comes to Swedish RF media relations maybe the extensive covering of Victorias wedding was the exception rather than the rule, or what??

viv

Maybe it is mr O'Neill who is paying for Grand Hotel. It would be a little strange that the royal family would pay 8600 euros as a rent of the Grand Hotel since they could have the party at some royal castle for free. The private party for Victoria and Daniel was on Thursday before the wedding at the Drottningholm Palace.
I think that it is also easier for the press to talk about a luxurious party when it is organized at the Grand Hotel and not at a royal Palace.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning writes about the wedding in this week's issue:

Since Chris has a large family and then there are the Bernadottes and Sommerlaths and Madeleine wants to invite as many friends as she can, they have had to limit the invited people.
Not invited:
- king's friend Bertil Nordström (was invited to V and D wedding), Herman Lindqvst, Michael Bernadotte af Wisborg, Oscar Bernadotte, Stephanie af Klercker
There will be a cortege
- according to Svensk Damtidning, there will be a cortege, they just don't know how long it will be. Perhaps Madeleine does like princess Christina, a cortege to Riddarholmen and from there with Gustafsberg VII to Drottningholm.
- according to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine has studied the weddings of her aunts very carefully.
- 50 white Volvo cars have been rented to transport the guests (at V and D wedding there were 85 Volvos)

Svensk Damtidning writes about the wedding in this week's issue:

Since Chris has a large family and then there are the Bernadottes and Sommerlaths and Madeleine wants to invite as many friends as she can, they have had to limit the invited people.
Not invited:
- king's friend Bertil Nordström (was invited to V and D wedding), Herman Lindqvst, Michael Bernadotte af Wisborg, Oscar Bernadotte, Stephanie af Klercker
There will be a cortege
- according to Svensk Damtidning, there will be a cortege, they just don't know how long it will be. Perhaps Madeleine does like princess Christina, a cortege to Riddarholmen and from there with Gustafsberg VII to Drottningholm.
- according to Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine has studied the weddings of her aunts very carefully.
- 50 white Volvo cars have been rented to transport the guests (at V and D wedding there were 85 Volvos)

Anymore news regarding Sofia being a bridesmaid?

Aftonbladet has speculated of Madeleine's and Chris' life after the wedding.
The wedding will change especially Chris' life quite much.
- Chris has already become a public person and getting married brings more and more changes, says Roger Lundgren, the chief editor of Kungliga Magasinet.

Title
The court will announce close to the wedding whether Chris gets a royal title after the wedding. Theoretically, Chris could become a prince or a duke. To get the title you have to be a Swedish citizen. But anyone who is a foreign citizen can bestow Swedish citizenship and thus become duke or prince of Sweden, says the king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff.

Work
Currently, Chris is a co-owner at Noster Capital management company. Very little is known about the company's affairs.
- It is not unlikely that Chris now earned money on the crisis that the banks are undergoing. In the future it is difficult for Chris to combine their transactions and his new role in the royal family. says Emanuel Sidea, journalist for Veckans Affärer -magazine.
- I believe that Chris leaves the company within one year of the wedding. Pressure on it grows as he becomes a part of the royal family, Sidea says.
Nu säger de ja – till förändring Nyheter Aftonbladet

Stefano Catenacci and Operakällaren will be responsible for wedding dinner June 8 at Drottningholm Palace.
Traktör utsedd för bröllopsmiddagen den 8 juni 2013 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Hm, very interesting.
But I may come to the conclusion, that Aftonbladet has a tooo swedish centric view :whistling:.
I exactly assume the contrary: that Madeleine will stay in NY with supporting Childhood, and Chris will stay in his job. They will fly over to Sweden occasionally for big events, such as Nobel.
Speculations, speculations.... let´s wait and see
BYe Bine

Of course! In that case quite a few attendants!

Chris' sisters from his fathers side are over 50 years old, maybe their children are too old? Jasper d'Abo, son of Chris' sister Tatjana is 12 years old and according to the press Chris' sister Natascha could have a daughter at a suitable age.

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow will host SVT's wedding live coverage. She has experts Roger Lundgren and John Chrispinsson with her at the studio near the Royal Palace. Other guests will also be commenting about the guests, wedding and other things.
The program starts a little before the wedding and will continue until the evening with a summary at 20.00 swedish time.
The wedding dinner will not be send on TV.
Ebba guidar tittarna genom prinsessbröllopet - Kultur SVT.se
Translation

Maybe it is mr O'Neill who is paying for Grand Hotel. It would be a little strange that the royal family would pay 8600 euros as a rent of the Grand Hotel since they could have the party at some royal castle for free. The private party for Victoria and Daniel was on Thursday before the wedding at the Drottningholm Palace.
I think that it is also easier for the press to talk about a luxurious party when it is organized at the Grand Hotel and not at a royal Palace.
As many of the guests are staying at Grand Hotel it's understandable (as well as eco-friendly) to have the dinner party there, instead of having to rent cars to haul guests from the Grand Hotel to some castle.

As many of the guests are staying at Grand Hotel it's understandable (as well as eco-friendly) to have the dinner party there, instead of having to rent cars to haul guests from the Grand Hotel to some castle.

According to Svensk Damtidning, the court has already rented 50 Volvos to transport the guests during the wedding, to Victoria's and Daniel's wedding they rented 85 Volvos.
It would have been a good opportunity to show the beautiful castles and swedish history to the foreign guests, instead of a five-star-hotel.

Last edited:
According to Svensk Damtidning, the court has already rented 50 Volvos to transport the guests during the wedding, to Victoria's and Daniel's wedding they rented 85 Volvos.
It would have been a good opportunity to show the beautiful castles and swedish history to the foreign guests, instead of a five-star-hotel.
But each time the cars are used they will add to the exhaust gases in Stockholm, unless they are using electric cars. Even if the cars are rented for a longer period, each time they are used when it's not really necessary, their use will add to the ecological footprints in Sweden, and the king is chairman for the Swedish WWF and to reduce the ecological footprints are one of main issues for the Swedish WWF. If they want to show the castles and Swedish history for the guests it's more eco-friendly to hire one or two buses for the transport instead of using 50 cars.

Well, I don't think a member of any royal family would be happy traveling in a bus to attend a wedding!

So I don't get it, royals will only attend the wedding in the chapel, and the dinner will be the day before it in the hotel only for friends and relatives?

Well, I don't think a member of any royal family would be happy traveling in a bus to attend a wedding!

So I don't get it, royals will only attend the wedding in the chapel, and the dinner will be the day before it in the hotel only for friends and relatives?

No.The party the day before is in the Grand Hotel in Stockholm. The wedding reception will be in Drottningholm Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom