The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
If you look at the Swedish Kings siblings, they do not do much official stuff. Why would anyone expect Victoria's sibling to do much official work. I personally think Maddie and Chris will live in NY and drift further and further away from royal life. She could see the future and chose for herself what she wanted.
The king's sister's aren't at the succession order. Princess Christina does quite much work, but the court doesn't inform about it at the website, because she isn't a member of the Royal House. Princess Christina is involved with charities and she inaugurates often exhibitions etc. She meets more "common" swedes than Madeleine has met for a long time.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Commoner

"chose for herself what she wanted"

Well, yes. She clearly doesn't want to bother with all this royalty stuff and is happy to leave her sister to deal with it. I thought siblings helped each other out, supported each other, etc.. Victoria, one day in the hopefully distant future, is going to be Queen Regnant of Sweden. It might be nice for her to have a sister around for moral support, for someone in addition to her husband to talk to as a way to vent all the stuff she won't be able to say in public, and maybe to help with the royal chores that will fall on her when she is Queen.

If Madeleine doesn't want to do that, sure, she's entitled to choose the life of a wealthy hedge fund manager's wife in New York. And I am also entitled to have my own feelings about her and that choice. Let's just say I prefer Princess Margriet of the Netherlands and her husband, who somehow managed to get married, have a good life together, Pieter Van Vollenhoven had a good career, while staying in Holland and helping out Queen Beatrix.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Courtier

To each his own.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCat View Post

Well, yes. She clearly doesn't want to bother with all this royalty stuff and is happy to leave her sister to deal with it. I thought siblings helped each other out, supported each other, etc.. Victoria, one day in the hopefully distant future, is going to be Queen Regnant of Sweden. It might be nice for her to have a sister around for moral support, for someone in addition to her husband to talk to as a way to vent all the stuff she won't be able to say in public, and maybe to help with the royal chores that will fall on her when she is Queen.

If Madeleine doesn't want to do that, sure, she's entitled to choose the life of a wealthy hedge fund manager's wife in New York. And I am also entitled to have my own feelings about her and that choice. Let's just say I prefer Princess Margriet of the Netherlands and her husband, who somehow managed to get married, have a good life together, Pieter Van Vollenhoven had a good career, while staying in Holland and helping out Queen Beatrix.
I agree you are entitled to your opinion but, to be fair, it would help if you compared like with like. Pieter and Margriet are both Dutch and supported the Dutch RF. Very different from Madeleine living and working in the US and now marrying an American.

And I get the impression that Victoria and Madeleine are not close - Madeleine has been away for over 3 years. But that's just an impression and I could be wrong.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=AnnieCat;1560079
If Madeleine doesn't want to do that, sure, she's entitled to choose the life of a wealthy hedge fund manager's wife in New York. And I am also entitled to have my own feelings about her and that choice. Let's just say I prefer Princess Margriet of the Netherlands and her husband, who somehow managed to get married, have a good life together, Pieter Van Vollenhoven had a good career, while staying in Holland and helping out Queen Beatrix.[/QUOTE]

The difference would be that Margriet, unlike 2 of her sisters, is a Dutch princess who lived in The Netherlands and married a Dutchman. Madeleine is Swedish princess who lives in the US and is marrying an Anglo-American.
If Victoria needs support from a sibling she has her year younger brother who seems likely to marry a Swedish woman and live in Sweden.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCat View Post

Well, yes. She clearly doesn't want to bother with all this royalty stuff and is happy to leave her sister to deal with it. I thought siblings helped each other out, supported each other, etc.. Victoria, one day in the hopefully distant future, is going to be Queen Regnant of Sweden. It might be nice for her to have a sister around for moral support, for someone in addition to her husband to talk to as a way to vent all the stuff she won't be able to say in public, and maybe to help with the royal chores that will fall on her when she is Queen
The last few years have probably been very clarifying for Madeleine, with the breakup of her prior engagement and especially with Victoria's marriage and the birth of Estelle. Madeleine no doubt knows what kind of a life she could expect to lead in Sweden as a supporting royal. Do too little and she'd be accused of wasting the tax payers' money. Take on too much and she'd be accused of trying to upstage the sainted, (but much less photogenic), Victoria and Daniel.

Madeleine can lead a much more free, much more anonymous life in New York. She'll have all the benefits that wealth and social prominence bring but won't have to constantly watch her step and worry about how her actions will be perceived by the public.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

There aren't any official wedding souvenirs. The Gift Shop of the Royal Palace sells these cones filled with candy.
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edori...8dc826380b1555
Old 06-08-2013, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

So bummed out that I won't be able to watch it live:(
Old 06-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Do too little and she'd be accused of wasting the tax payers' money. Take on too much and she'd be accused of trying to upstage the sainted, (but much less photogenic), Victoria and Daniel.
And how Madeleine could upstage Victoria and Daniel? She may be photogenic, but she doesn't have charisma like Victoria, and not close contact with people of Sweden like both Victoria and Daniel have. But there would still be a lot of work to do in Sweden for Madeleine.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Courtier

I don't know why people think Victoria and Maddie aren't close. Maddie lives in New York there are phone and they can skype and see and talk to each other which I am sure they do. You don't have to live in the same country to be close .
Old 06-08-2013, 05:41 AM
Courtier

I am coming a bit late^_^ Somebody can tell me who are the royals who are attending?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia Hellqvist preparing herself for the wedding, at 10.00 she went for a make up and hairdo.
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/prin...r-brollopet-1/

Marie Fredriksson was also at the rehearsal at the Royal Chapel yesterday, so perhaps she is singing at the wedding too.

At Expressen's Live-TV, german tourists ask: "Is there anyone here, who cares about this?"
Old 06-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
I am coming a bit late^_^ Somebody can tell me who are the royals who are attending?
The highest ranking besides family: the heirs+spouses of Norway, Denmark and Luxembourg, Charlene of Monaco.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Royal Highness

Live isn't fair: the blokes enjoying themselves in the sunshine, while the ladies are probably toyling away with their makeup and hairdos.

Fred & Nicholaos walking through Stockholm: Madde och Chris gick ut och hälsade på alla | Prinsessbröllopet | Madde & Chris | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Old 06-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Wessex's arrived late last night:

Edward and Sophie
Old 06-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia Hellqvist preparing herself for the wedding, at 10.00 she went for a make up and hairdo.
Här gör Sofia Hellqvist sig redo för bröllopet | Prinsessbröllopet | Madde & Chris | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
I wonder how the paparazzi's were able to find her so quickly . Anyway, this means that the stories that she would be a bridal attendant are untrue.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

it looks like the first guests started to arrive!

it also looks like a great sunny day in stockholm. they chose their date well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Här gör Sofia Hellqvist sig redo för bröllopet | Prinsessbröllopet | Madde & Chris | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
wow, that's early to go for hairdo and make up! i wonder how well it will last until the actual ceremony (and well past the night as i am sure the celebrations will continue til late!)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Live isn't fair: the blokes enjoying themselves in the sunshine, while the ladies are probably toyling away with their makeup and hairdos.

[/url]
That's wha I've been saying to myself before every single wedding. My mother loves the whole hairdresser and make-up trip, but it's hell for me every time. And every time I protest it's the same atguement: "What will people say?"
Anyway, back on the topic. ZDF will start their broadcast in about an hour.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I wonder how the paparazzi's were able to find her so quickly . Anyway, this means that the stories that she would be a bridal attendant are untrue.
Madeleine said already in February that she will not have bridesmaids, just bridal children. There have been stories at the press that Madeleine wanted to have her best friends as bridesmaids, but after Sofia wanted to be a bridesmaid, Madeleine decided that there will not be any bridesmaids.

Wedding coordinator Håkan Pettersson and Annika Sönnerberg from the press department ready for the day
http://media.shootitlive.com/CXLhPBd...expressen/1020
Old 06-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
That's wha I've been saying to myself before every single wedding. My mother loves the whole hairdresser and make-up trip, but it's hell for me every time. And every time I protest it's the same atguement: "What will people say?"
Anyway, back on the topic. ZDF will start their broadcast in about an hour.
Hehe, I forgot that many women enjoy the hairdressing Routine. And for good tiara hair that's absolutely necessary. And I clearly can't wait to see the first tiaras coming down the red carpet along with their wearers. (You may think that I've got my priorities wrong, and I even might agree, )

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine