The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Nope, I'm a grumpy old fart too! If this lasts more than 5 years I would be shocked. I'm thinking 2 children, then a divorce. Madde comes back to Sweden with the kids and lives with Mom & Dad or they "lend" her a small house somewhere. That's just how I see it happening. Neither one of them gives me the jumpy claps for any reason, especially Chris.
I have been to enough weddings to just leave things up to the couple. I have been to weddings and thought these 2 are made for each other and they never made it to 5 yrs, and other weddings where I thought "what do these 2 see in each other" and they are now at the 20 yr mark and going strong. I well remember how people would comment on Joachim and Alexandra being so obviously in love right up to the day they announced their separation and plans to divorce. I don't think anyone outside a relationship can know what goes on in a relationship or why it works or does not work for the couple, but I do believe it is in very bad taste to predict the end before it has even begun.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

I have been to enough weddings to just leave things up to the couple. I don't think anyone outside a relationship can know what goes on in a relationship or why it works or does not work for the couple, but I do believe it is in very bad taste to predict the end before it has even begun.
You are spot on! Full-heartedly agree with you.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

At the King and Queen's dinner for the Princess Couple at Grand Hôtel, the photo agencies Scanpix, Stella Pictures and Getty Images have been allocated one photographer each inside the hotel when the guests arrive.
Picture agencies at Grand Hôtel on 7 june 2013 - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Nobility

The Potential designers for Madeleine's gown are listed here with some information and speculation about their possible design.

The Royal Couturier: Style Speculation: What Will Princess Madeleine Wear on Her Wedding?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Courtier

Daniel is such a lovely guy!! As for Chris; the Jury is still out!! Bit of a cold fish! Nice if they both gave each other the best wedding present; pack up smoking!!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen writes that Patrick Sommerlath's 4-year old twins Chloe and Anais will be bridal children. Madeleine was seen yesterday at a cafe with Katharina von Horn, her daughter Lillie, 5, will also be among the bridal children according to Expressen. They don't know many children there will be. Royal expert Sten Hedman thinks at least four, if the trail is long. He also thinks there could be royal bridal children, the danish and norwegian are of right age
But the royal children aren't at the guest list, Chloe,Anais and Lillie are.
Were Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra and Christian on the guest list at Victoria's wedding? If they were, I think it's unlikely that Madeleine will have royal bridal children and not have them on her guest list.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Khaliya Aga Khan seems to be attending the wedding according to the list! Thats great, I didn't know these two, Madde and her, knew each other. Although it makes sense, Khaliya Aga Khan being from NY, where they live. I bet they frequent the same friendship circles and that's how they came to know each other.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post

Were Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra and Christian on the guest list at Victoria's wedding? If they were, I think it's unlikely that Madeleine will have royal bridal children and not have them on her guest list.
If I remember correctly they were. The relevant royal houses also announced they were attending along with their parents.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I have been to enough weddings to just leave things up to the couple. I have been to weddings and thought these 2 are made for each other and they never made it to 5 yrs, and other weddings where I thought "what do these 2 see in each other" and they are now at the 20 yr mark and going strong. I well remember how people would comment on Joachim and Alexandra being so obviously in love right up to the day they announced their separation and plans to divorce. I don't think anyone outside a relationship can know what goes on in a relationship or why it works or does not work for the couple, but I do believe it is in very bad taste to predict the end before it has even begun.
well said. I am getting so tired of people criticising this couple. I saw some pix of Chris around town today, grabbing a cab - living life as a normal. I like that. As for AngieUKs comment that he is a "cold fish" - he just doesnt like cameras maybe, or fails to see the need to grin like a loon in public.

PS - there are too many threads and lots of stuff is being repeated

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
How true. My husband and I knew each other 3 days when we got engaged and were married in 3 months. That's going on 60 years ago, but there was a lot of negative talk. My brother-in-law and his wife just celebrated 67 years. They were 18 and 16 when they married. Lots of negative comments there. Another couple we are friends with married at 17 and now are at 64 years. You can't judge from the outside.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
Khaliya Aga Khan seems to be attending the wedding according to the list! Thats great, I didn't know these two, Madde and her, knew each other. Although it makes sense, Khaliya Aga Khan being from NY, where they live. I bet they frequent the same friendship circles and that's how they came to know each other.
I think some of quests are Eva's friends, like some queast at Will&Kate's wedding were Charle's friends or partners.

Patrick McMullan Company

Mrs Anne Barish is also on the list.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I can't warm to Madeleine either. I get the impression that she wants all the VIP perks, parties and events that come with being a royal but without any of the work ethic.
Add my name to Team Non Madeleine Fan. She and Chris are about as unappealing a couple as I can think of in the Gotha.

My only interest in her wedding is to see what everyone will wear. And I've no doubt that she will be a stunning bride.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Yes, they were:
Här är gästlistan till vigseln mellan Daniel och Victoria Bröllopet Expressen Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels bröllop
Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Princess Madeleine's Wedding: What's Coming Up
Old 06-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Royal Highness

I couldn't translate it into English for some odd reason :(

I didn't see anyone from Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia or any of the Balkins (with the exception of Greece). Interesting as I thought that CP Aleksander and HM King CG were close. Or, at least knew one another well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post

I couldn't translate it into English for some odd reason :(

I didn't see anyone from Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia or any of the Balkins (with the exception of Greece). Interesting as I thought that CP Aleksander and HM King CG were close. Or, at least knew one another well.
I meant the link from her page to the guest list
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Let's refrain from using abusive terms to describe the bride and groom, thanks!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet's Mattias Sandberg told just that Chris will have some kind of a gathering with his friends this evening. His friends, the von Ribbentrops are already arrived and others are coming.
So that is perhaps why it isn't sure yet if Chris will attend at the National Day celebration in Skansen...

Sandberg also told that one of Chris' friends will read a text at the wedding.

Chris will answer "Yes" or "I do", Madeleine speaks swedish.
Chris O'Neill säger inte ja till sin prinsessa Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Chris' mother and sister Natascha have arrived to Stockholm
Här upptäcker Chris familj Stockholm Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Lots of flowers taken to the Royal Palace today
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...d-a53d10c0cf61
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...3-bf85e57d9c74
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...2-0595a8336fea

Aftonbladet writes that Louise Gottlieb and Lovisa de Geer arrived to the Drottningholm wedding tent and stayed there for a quite long time. "It's nice that you are asking, but we don't answer", said Lovisa to Aftonbladet. The friends are preparing their surprises.
Also the king, queen, Victoria and Carl Philip visited the tent. The king and queen stayed for five minutes, Victoria and Carl Philip were longer. And also Victor Magnuson was there. "It feels nice. But I don't know more than you", said he to the reporter.
Vännerna övar inför festen Bröllopet Aftonbladet

Wedding rehearsal today, three of the bridal children are now known, they are Jasper D'Abo and Chloé and Anaïs Sommerlath.
Här gifter sig Madde och Chris - på prov Bröllopet Aftonbladet

Chris took his friends and mother in the afternoon to newly opened pub Michelle van der Milles.
Chris tog med vännerna till Milles Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Courtier

For the sceptical people among us:
http://media.shootitlive.com/1mfdHU8...expressen/1019
:-D
Old 06-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

(Moved to the correct thread).

One of the many stories that has spilled over from Sweden and hit the Danish press are some details in connection with the wedding: http://www.bt.dk/royale/her-er-madel...-bryllups-valg

Apparantly a part of the wedding will take place in English, with Madeleine saying "Ja" at the altar and Chris O'Neil saying: "I do".

It may be a small detail in a nice marriage, that will hopefully last a lifetime, but I don't think it's elegantly handled and I would like to hit Chris O'Neil on the head with a shovel.

Good greif, the man is marrying a genuine Princess from a genuine monarchy, - in Sweden on top of that! Is it really too much to ask that he respects the Swedes by at least learning to say one word in Swedish? It's pronounced like Ya in Ya'll. Surely he can learn that.

He may not give a hoot about royalty, and he may roll in money and he may be an important man in his own right but he is marrying a princess, and princesses are public property of their countries.
Sorry, it's not elegant and it's not a good way to endear himself to the Swedes.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
(Moved to the correct thread).

One of the many stories that has spilled over from Sweden and hit the Danish press are some details in connection with the wedding: http://www.bt.dk/royale/her-er-madel...-bryllups-valg

Apparantly a part of the wedding will take place in English, with Madeleine saying "Ja" at the altar and Chris O'Neil saying: "I do".

It may be a small detail in a nice marriage, that will hopefully last a lifetime, but I don't think it's elegantly handled and I would like to hit Chris O'Neil on the head with a shovel.

Good greif, the man is marrying a genuine Princess from a genuine monarchy, - in Sweden on top of that! Is it really too much to ask that he respects the Swedes by at least learning to say one word in Swedish? It's pronounced like Ya in Ya'll. Surely he can learn that.

He may not give a hoot about royalty, and he may roll in money and he may be an important man in his own right but he is marrying a princess, and princesses are public property of their countries.
Sorry, it's not elegant and it's not a good way to endear himself to the Swedes.
Maybe - just maybe - they realise that it is not just the wedding of a Swedish princess but the wedding of Madeleine and Chris and they are giving equal value to both lives, not just the royal one.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine