The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I must admit, I'm not a fan of The Cameo Tiara either. It's not so much that it is a big gun (I adore The Poltimore Tiara and like The Luxembourg Empire Tiara when it's worn right) as it is that there's too much to focus and look at. It's just too much. I hope Madeleine will opt for another tiara.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia
I must admit, I'm not a fan of The Cameo Tiara either. It's not so much that it is a big gun (I adore The Poltimore Tiara and like The Luxembourg Empire Tiara when it's worn right) as it is that there's too much to focus and look at. It's just too much. I hope Madeleine will opt for another tiara.
I dont care for the cameo tiara at all either.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Serene Highness

I had to chuckle because June 8 is my birthday AND my 28th wedding anniversary!
Old 12-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Nobility

Wow the Swedish Royal Family seems to LOVE June weddings! lol Congrats to Madeleine and Chris! Can't wait to watch!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Wow the Swedish Royal Family seems to LOVE June weddings! lol
Not just the royal family, June is the third most popular month for weddings in Sweden, July and August are more popular, but many Swedes have their summer holidays in July and early August, and it would cost extra and maybe be difficult to have the security and other necessary arrangements when it comes to a royal wedding then. Late May and June are also often perfect when it comes to the weather here and during that period the nature is usually at its best with lots of plants in bloom, hopefully the lilacs will be at their best when Madeleine is getting married.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Nobility

They're pretty popular in the US too - June to August is considered "wedding season". I didn't realize it was the same in Europe.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
They're pretty popular in the US too - June to August is considered "wedding season". I didn't realize it was the same in Europe.
In Germany the big wedding month is May.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
In Germany the big wedding month is May.
And in Poland there is a proverb: "Wedding in May, a grave is prepared"
Old 12-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I didn't know that. Funny!

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
In Armenia (as well as Russia and probably most post-Soviet countries), they say brides who marry in May will be unhappy for the rest of your life. There is even a proverb "в мае жениться – всю жизнь маяться" (roughly translated, "marry in may, suffer for the rest of your life"). Mind you, my parents married in may and they'll soon be celebrating their 35th anniversary, so...
Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

May is also without "R" so not so lucky month to marry.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine put a new photo to her Facebook with announcement, both in swedish and english.
"We are happy to announce, that following these days of family gathering, we have decided a date for the wedding. It will take place on the 8th of June in the Royal Chapel in Stockholm".
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33328127_o.jpg
Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

Oh, so the court released the date before it was completely agreed on?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Oh, so the court released the date before it was completely agreed on?
I think that Madeleine just published it today at her Facebook. As Bertil Ternert said, the date had been agreed in a family meeting with the king and the queen, and an official press release put to the court website on 23th December. If the press is right, Madeleine and Chris left Stockholm and spent Christmas with Chris' family in London.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I think that Madeleine just published it today at her Facebook. As Bertil Ternert said, the date had been agreed in a family meeting with the king and the queen, and an official press release put to the court website on 23th December. If the press is right, Madeleine and Chris left Stockholm and spent Christmas with Chris' family in London.
I was just kidding I just think it´s fun that the court released the date before Christmas and htne Pss Madeleine posts this announcemnet like it was decided during Christmas
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has confirmed to Svensk Damtidning that the wedding will be a two day event with a welcoming dinner on 7th June. Svensk Damtidning also writes about 400 guests (at Estelle's christening at the same church there were about 500 guests)
Damtidning has asked from Bertil Ternert: "Can a british american get a title of a duke?"
Ternert answered: "The marshal of the Realm is just now figuring out this question".
And Damtidning thinks that this is a clear sign that the king wants to make his son-in-law the Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland.
SDT1304_5730
Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court has confirmed to Svensk Damtidning that the wedding will be a two day event with a welcoming dinner on 7th June. Svensk Damtidning also writes about 400 guests (at Estelle's christening at the same church there were about 500 guests)
Damtidning has asked from Bertil Ternert: "Can a british american get a title of a duke?"
Ternert answered: "The marshal of the Realm is just now figuring out this question".
And Damtidning thinks that this is a clear sign that the king wants to make his son-in-law the Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland.
SDT1304_5730
Good. I was afraid that due to her being the youngest child, she would get a much smaller stick in regards to a wedding. I'm glad that she gets a two day event. She may not be the future queen or the only son, but she deserves a nice event. I would say that 400 is a nice number.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Of course Madeleine's wedding will be smaller than Victoria's.
There was a dinner at Drottningholm Palace hosted by King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia on Thursday with a lot of royal guests. On Friday there was a
Government reception at the Stockholm City Hall and dinner at the Eric Ericson-hall, hosted by the Swedish government and a Concert at Stockholm Concert Hall, hosted by the Swedish parliament.

According to Svensk Damtidning, the alternatives for the place of the welcoming dinner of Madeleine's and Chris' wedding are the Drottningholm Palace, The Royal Palace and the Ulriksdal Palace.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Bertil Ternert from the court press department told to Svensk Damtidning, that it has not yet been decided if the wedding will be broadcasted on TV.
- It is not finally decided how it will be. It is Princess Madeleine who decides, says Bertil Ternert.
Crown Princess Victoria's wedding was paid for by taxpayers. Princess Madeleine's wedding will be funded by the King himself.
Madeleine wants as private wedding as possible. But according to the court, she is now looking at the proposals received. SVT and TV4 are the TV channels who are fighting for the rights.
Bröllop bakom lyckta dörrar Svensk Damtidning
Translation

At the cover of Expressen
Television broadcast can be stopped
Madeleine's hassle about open wedding
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...5-52981751c1ae
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad it'll be a 2 day event. Now I'm hoping for it to be broadcasted.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine