Originally Posted by carlota View Post

by the way, is the madeleine smoking?

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/.../madeleine.jpg
She's been smoking for years, right?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i guess with madeleine being the last in the line of succession, it doesn't really matter if chris has a title or swedish citizenship at this stage. however, it has puzzled me that he mentioned in the engagement video that he was planning to learn swedish. given he will not apply for citizenship, that he will continue to live abroad and is unlikely to perform very many events in sweden, particularly on his own, i wonder why the need to learn swedish has been made so evident in the video. maybe he hadn't decided at that stage whether to take an active role in the RF.

for info, just in case the swedish people of this forum are interested, i just read in the website that the service will be open to the public if space permits.

by the way, is the madeleine smoking?

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/.../madeleine.jpg
IMO, Chris made it clear from the very benning to his future in -laws and the royal establishment that he was not willing to contribute to the SRF and keep his own life outside the Royal House. As for learning swedish, the reason could very well be personal - after all, he is getting married to a Swedish woman and his children will have a Swedish heritage, so why not learn the language? I guess that right now they talk to each other in english, perhaps in the future they would like to alternate between their native languages in the family

Old 05-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Eva O'Neill arrived in the afternoon and went to the Grand Hotel. Chris came soon to meet his mother, they drank tea together.
Photos of Eva arriving and Chris going to meet her
Eva O'Neill framme i Stockholm Bröllopet Aftonbladet
Old 05-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there a guest list out? Not an official one of course, but an idea of who is attending. Are Marie and Joachim going as well as Fred and Mary?
Old 05-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Is there a guest list out? Not an official one of course, but an idea of who is attending. Are Marie and Joachim going as well as Fred and Mary?
The danish media has written that Frederik, Mary, Joachim, Marie and Benedikte will attend. But everything except Edward's and Sophie's attendance is just a speculation until the guest list will be published, probably two days before the wedding like they did at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Norway CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit as well as Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn will attend the wedding
Kronprinsesse mette-marit - Kronprinsparet, Märtha og Ari kommer i bryllupet - Seoghør.no Kongelige
Google Translation
Old 05-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Serene Highness

According to Hola, Spanish Royal Family won't attend the wedding.
La Familia Real española no asistirá a la boda de la princesa Magdalena de S | Noticias hola.com
Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
La Familia Real española no asistirá a la boda de la princesa Magdalena de S | Noticias hola.com
Does it say why?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
I thought that perhaps the queen might attend or Infanta Elena,I know Felipe and Letizia can't attend everything its a shame really.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown prince Haakon, crown princess Mette-Marit, princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn will attend the wedding. Because of her trip to Asia Mette-Marit arrives on the wedding day and won't attend the pre-wedding party on Friday.
This is confirmed by the palace's Communications Manager Sven Gjeruld Gjeruldsen.
Mette-Marit blir forsinket til Madeleines bryllup - Showbiz, kjendiser, blogger, spill og moro
Translation
Old 05-23-2013, 02:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Crown prince Haakon, crown princess Mette-Marit, princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn will attend the wedding. Because of her trip to Asia Mette-Marit arrives on the wedding day and won't attend the pre-wedding party on Friday.
This is confirmed by the palace's Communications Manager Sven Gjeruld Gjeruldsen.
Mette-Marit blir forsinket til Madeleines bryllup - Showbiz, kjendiser, blogger, spill og moro
Translation
Ah pity, but great that she will attend the wedding itself. I wonder which Asia-trip they mean.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:51 AM
Courtier

MM will attend the Women Deliver Conference in Malaysia until 30 May.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I thought that perhaps the queen might attend or Infanta Elena,I know Felipe and Letizia can't attend everything its a shame really.
Right, this is a shame.
Is it because Infanta Elena cannot attend, as she has been "downgraded", i.e. she is no longer able to represent the RF abroad?
Bye Bine
Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
MM will attend the Women Deliver Conference in Malaysia until 30 May.
I know, but as you say: until 30 May - maybe she stays there longer (privately)?
Old 05-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue that Philippe and Mathilde were invited, but according to the Belgium Royal House, they can't attend because their planned trip to USA.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue that Philippe and Mathilde were invited, but according to the Belgium Royal House, they can't attend because their planned trip to USA.
Only prince Philippe is in the USA.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Right, this is a shame.
Is it because Infanta Elena cannot attend, as she has been "downgraded", i.e. she is no longer able to represent the RF abroad?
Bye Bine
There's nothing official from Spain regarding who's going or not yet, but given the harsh economic climate that prevails in Spain members of their RF attending a lavish royal wedding might not go down too well and perhaps they have been advised decline.

Who knows!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Royal Highness

The last time that Letizia wore a tiare (Dutch Inauguration), the Spanish press jumped on the fact that the floral tiara was a present from dictator Franco. No wonder that the SRF keeps away from foreign royal bling.

Has anything been heard from the Netherlands and Luxembourg? The new Dutch King and Queen might be too busy. But I'm still hoping to see Guillaume and Stéphanie.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine had given Metro an interview about her wedding:

Prinsessan Madeleine i exklusiv intervju: "Trodde jag skulle vara mer nervös"
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Isn't Princess Benedikte of Denmark a godmother to Princess Madeleine?

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine