Madeleine & Chris's Wedding: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
Feel free to post what you suggest for the wedding of Madeleine and Chris.

I guess we will see a great and stunning bride to wed Chris in the Slottskapellet in Stockholm. It will be a tiara-event and Madeleine will wear the Cameo-Tiara.

Her dress will be classy but has a "WOW"-effect.

The reception and a gala dinner will take place at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

I expect just the opposite. Something small and semi private at Solliden or Drottninghom. A low key event with only those members of the Gotha who are closely related to or close friends of Madeleine.
A tiara for her and a beautiful gown for sure.

I expect just the opposite. Something small and semi private at Solliden or Drottninghom. A low key event with only those members of the Gotha who are closely related to or close friends of Madeleine.
A tiara for her and a beautiful gown for sure.

I agree, after 'the other guy' I think we might have a toned down affair. I can see me not liking her gown though.

I think the King and Queen will want to make certain that Madeleine has a wedding suiting their daughter, the Princess ... especially, considering the heartbreak she endured.

I'm hoping for a big wedding with lots of tiaras!!! I'm sure Madeleine will look stunning. Let's hope she calls on Elie Saab for his magic!

After seeing Stephanie's amazing wedding dress, I would love for her to wear Elie Saab but, I have the feeling she will wear a Swedish designer. I think she will either wear the Cameo or the Connaught tiara.

Last edited:
I agree, after 'the other guy' I think we might have a toned down affair. I can see me not liking her gown though.

Well I don't think the first wedding was planned to be a big one either but this time around there are other consideration.
- Madeleine has lived outside of Sweden for the last couple of years and there have been complaints about the cost of maintaining her when she does not undertake engagements to represent Sweden.
-complaints about the cost of Victorias wedding
-less support for the monarchy in general
-she is now only 4th in succession and increasingly less relevent to the monarchy whose future focusses on Victoria and Daniel and their little family.

As for her gown I am hoping for something sleek, modern and chic.

I have a knot in my tummy...I just don't know about her intended.

I don't think a wedding at Öland is possible. I'm sure i read somewhere that the swedish security police (säpo) said last time media mentioned a possible Öland Weding for Madeleine and Jonas that it's not possible because of safety reasons.

The Palace Chapel at Drottningholm where Bertil and Lilian married is way too small for à wedding like this.

I think we will see a wedding on Saturday 15:th June in the Royal Palace Church or in Storkyrkan.

How grand will the wedding be ? I think it will be something similar to Märtha-Louise and Ari:s wedding in Trondheim 2002.

Will there be a white tie wedding (=tiaras) ? Offcourse. Madeleine loves gala and glamour much much more than Victoria so i would be very surprised if she would choose a black tie wedding.

I think it will be quite a big wedding as there is no need to make it small just because of what happened with Jonas. I don't think there will be a full blown gala dinner the night before but certainly for the actual wedding it will be White tie and tiara's all round!
For the dress I'm guessing a scaled down version of Stephanie's and off the shoulder or shorter sleeves and Sparkling embroidery.
Edward and Sophie are Mist likely to attend from the Uk.

Do they have to get married in Sweden or can they get married in NYC?

Do they have to get married in Sweden or can they get married in NYC?

They're going to be married in Sweden. That was announced as part of the engagement information.

I guess the wedding date will be announced before the Nobel Prizes took part.

I would guess it's going to be a smaller affair by royal standards. I'm hoping for a Connaught tiara.

If they finally make it to the altar, my predictions would be:

a. A lacey wedding gown, more like Kate's than like Stephanie's (Madde posed just like Kate in the b&w photo...).
b. The Connaught Tiara.
c. CPs and CPesses won't attend the wedding, only minor royals.
d. No representative from the UK.
e. Low-key wedding and festivities, but expensive nevertheless.
f. Sofia will push for the ring right after this wedding is over.

Last edited:
How much coverage do you think this will attract in the USA? They both live here, and he's half American. Surely they have some semi-famous socialite friends in New York City that would get invited to the wedding, making it worthy of US publications?

I believe I know two royal guests of other royal houses: Princess Benedikte of Denmark and Prince Andreas of Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha as they are godparents of Princess Madeleine.

I think this wedding will be as big as the one with Jonas would have been. I expect to see Madeleine in a barbie/Disney Princess style gown with lots of frills etc.

And then we will see the snake girl who is waiting for the ring with a plastered on grin on her face, the only question is will she get a walker or will CP come with her.

"the snake girl" LOL!:whistling: You made my day, Duke! :previous:

I suppose it will be a smaller wedding in comparison to that of CP Victoria's, which was a state affair, we shouldn't forget. Probably all Scandavian royals will come in full force, without a doubt.
I too can see her in a very Barbie-esque gown. I'm more intrigued about the groom's family, though. :whistling:

Madeleine & Chris' Wedding: Suggestions & Musings

British guests: Maybe none, Edward and Sophie Wessex might attend
Dress: It won't be like Victoria's. It will probably be one with a long veil and a tiara.
Bridesmaids: Maybe this time one of the Behn children will be bridesmaids. And also some of Chris's family might be bridesmaids.
Page boys: Maybe Sverre Magnus of Norway? Or some of Chris's family, again. It would be nice to have bridesmaids and page boys from both families :)

Last edited:
Bridesmaids: Maybe this time one of the Behn children will be bridesmaids. And also some of Chris's family might be bridesmaids.
Page boys: Maybe Sverre Magnus of Norway? Or some of Chris's family, again. It would be nice to have bridesmaids and page boys from both families :)

Chris' half sister from his mother's first marriage, Tatjana has three children: Anoushka Maria Violet, born 1991, Celina Maria Isabel, born 1996 and Jasper Henry Erland, born 2001.
The other half sister from his mother's second marriage, Natascha has daughter Milana, born 1996 and a son, whose name I didn't found, he is younger than Milana.
I don't know about the children of his half sisters from his father's side.

Last edited:
I guess we can safely expect Sofia at the wedding. With a big grin on her face like the "Cheshire Cat". Looking forward to it. :ROFLMAO:

I guess we can safely expect Sofia at the wedding. With a big grin on her face like the "Cheshire Cat". Looking forward to it. :ROFLMAO:
I wonder how Madeleine will like that :whistling:.

I have a feeling that, by that time, Sofia will accompany Carl Philip as his official fiancé.
Call me crazy, but I think Carl-Philip and Sofia will get engaged next spring with a wedding at the end of 2013 or at the beginning of 2014...

^i think that too, Sofia will not wait long now that she is the only one to get married. i think she is already behind the curtain preparing her own wedding.

as for the debate over the bridal tiara, the Cameo is not Madeleine's style and taste, i think she'll opt for other Tiara. as for the wedding dress, i agree with some of you that it will be princessy type of dress but not to over the top.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that, by that time, Sofia will accompany Carl Philip as his official fiancé.
Call me crazy, but I think Carl-Philip and Sofia will get engaged next spring with a wedding at the end of 2013 or at the beginning of 2014...

I won't call you crazy at all because I have the same feeling. Either before Madeleine's wedding or directly afterwards we will get a nice little engagement announcement. :whistling: And if you look at that link over at RoyalDish.com some users have already put the Cameo Tiara on Sofia's head. Watch here: http://royaldish.com/avs/avatar_1603.jpg :ROFLMAO:

I also belive that we Will probably see C-P and S togerher att Madeleines wedding as an engaged couple and that they will marry during the winter 2013 or during spring 2014.

The last picture of Sofia in the Cameo tiara made me laugh in 10 minutes ;-) hahaha !!!

I hope to see all 3 "big guns" brought out of the tiara vault at the wedding :) Madeleine marry in the Cameo tiara, Silvia wearing the braganza Diamond tiara and the pink topaz demi parure and Victoria wearing the sapphire parure :) Would be a magical day :)

I think it will be a white tie wedding, not as big as the Crown Princess wedding but still a grand royal wedding. I expect to see the complete Norwegian royal family there as well as Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie with their families . Prince Andreas of Sachsen,Coburg-Gotha will be invited too as he is a godparent to Madeleine.
Other royal invitations is up to the bride and groom to decide i think :)

I think the wedding will take place after the Eurovision Song Contest :)

I think the wedding will take place after the Eurovision Song Contest :)

lol... Not a bad idea at all! Next year will be all about Sweden, just like 2012 was all about England. ;) Go go, Sweden!!! :clap::flowers:

I wonder will Emma Pernald attend - she has remained a very close of Madeleine's even after the split from CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom