The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine & Chris' Wedding: Suggestions & Musings

Feel free to post what you suggest for the wedding of Madeleine and Chris.

I guess we will see a great and stunning bride to wed Chris in the Slottskapellet in Stockholm. It will be a tiara-event and Madeleine will wear the Cameo-Tiara.

Her dress will be classy but has a "WOW"-effect.

The reception and a gala dinner will take place at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I expect just the opposite. Something small and semi private at Solliden or Drottninghom. A low key event with only those members of the Gotha who are closely related to or close friends of Madeleine.
A tiara for her and a beautiful gown for sure.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I expect just the opposite. Something small and semi private at Solliden or Drottninghom. A low key event with only those members of the Gotha who are closely related to or close friends of Madeleine.
A tiara for her and a beautiful gown for sure.
I agree, after 'the other guy' I think we might have a toned down affair. I can see me not liking her gown though.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Courtier

I think the King and Queen will want to make certain that Madeleine has a wedding suiting their daughter, the Princess ... especially, considering the heartbreak she endured.

I'm hoping for a big wedding with lots of tiaras!!! I'm sure Madeleine will look stunning. Let's hope she calls on Elie Saab for his magic!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

After seeing Stephanie's amazing wedding dress, I would love for her to wear Elie Saab but, I have the feeling she will wear a Swedish designer. I think she will either wear the Cameo or the Connaught tiara.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I agree, after 'the other guy' I think we might have a toned down affair. I can see me not liking her gown though.
Well I don't think the first wedding was planned to be a big one either but this time around there are other consideration.
- Madeleine has lived outside of Sweden for the last couple of years and there have been complaints about the cost of maintaining her when she does not undertake engagements to represent Sweden.
-complaints about the cost of Victorias wedding
-less support for the monarchy in general
-she is now only 4th in succession and increasingly less relevent to the monarchy whose future focusses on Victoria and Daniel and their little family.

As for her gown I am hoping for something sleek, modern and chic.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a knot in my tummy...I just don't know about her intended.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I have a knot in my tummy...I just don't know about her intended.
I understand completely. Time will tell and we wish her very well.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Nobility

I don't think a wedding at Öland is possible. I'm sure i read somewhere that the swedish security police (säpo) said last time media mentioned a possible Öland Weding for Madeleine and Jonas that it's not possible because of safety reasons.

The Palace Chapel at Drottningholm where Bertil and Lilian married is way too small for ā wedding like this.

I think we will see a wedding on Saturday 15:th June in the Royal Palace Church or in Storkyrkan.

How grand will the wedding be ? I think it will be something similar to Märtha-Louise and Ari:s wedding in Trondheim 2002.

Will there be a white tie wedding (=tiaras) ? Offcourse. Madeleine loves gala and glamour much much more than Victoria so i would be very surprised if she would choose a black tie wedding.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

I think it will be quite a big wedding as there is no need to make it small just because of what happened with Jonas. I don't think there will be a full blown gala dinner the night before but certainly for the actual wedding it will be White tie and tiara's all round!
For the dress I'm guessing a scaled down version of Stephanie's and off the shoulder or shorter sleeves and Sparkling embroidery.
Edward and Sophie are Mist likely to attend from the Uk.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do they have to get married in Sweden or can they get married in NYC?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Do they have to get married in Sweden or can they get married in NYC?
They're going to be married in Sweden. That was announced as part of the engagement information.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I guess the wedding date will be announced before the Nobel Prizes took part.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

I would guess it's going to be a smaller affair by royal standards. I'm hoping for a Connaught tiara.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

If they finally make it to the altar, my predictions would be:

a. A lacey wedding gown, more like Kate's than like Stephanie's (Madde posed just like Kate in the b&w photo...).
b. The Connaught Tiara.
c. CPs and CPesses won't attend the wedding, only minor royals.
d. No representative from the UK.
e. Low-key wedding and festivities, but expensive nevertheless.
f. Sofia will push for the ring right after this wedding is over.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Royal Highness

How much coverage do you think this will attract in the USA? They both live here, and he's half American. Surely they have some semi-famous socialite friends in New York City that would get invited to the wedding, making it worthy of US publications?
Old 10-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe I know two royal guests of other royal houses: Princess Benedikte of Denmark and Prince Andreas of Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha as they are godparents of Princess Madeleine.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I think this wedding will be as big as the one with Jonas would have been. I expect to see Madeleine in a barbie/Disney Princess style gown with lots of frills etc.

And then we will see the snake girl who is waiting for the ring with a plastered on grin on her face, the only question is will she get a walker or will CP come with her.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

"the snake girl" LOL! You made my day, Duke!

I suppose it will be a smaller wedding in comparison to that of CP Victoria's, which was a state affair, we shouldn't forget. Probably all Scandavian royals will come in full force, without a doubt.
I too can see her in a very Barbie-esque gown. I'm more intrigued about the groom's family, though.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Madeleine & Chris' Wedding: Suggestions & Musings

British guests: Maybe none, Edward and Sophie Wessex might attend
Dress: It won't be like Victoria's. It will probably be one with a long veil and a tiara.
Bridesmaids: Maybe this time one of the Behn children will be bridesmaids. And also some of Chris's family might be bridesmaids.
Page boys: Maybe Sverre Magnus of Norway? Or some of Chris's family, again. It would be nice to have bridesmaids and page boys from both families