The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Well Madeleine doing a repeat of Victoria and having her father walk her half way would be a tribute the Chris's culture I guess. I think in Victoria's case there was a lot of symbolism in that format because it seemed that the King really did release his daughter to walk with her husband to be almost like acknowledging her as not only an adult and as his heir. There really seems to be a totally different dynamic in the family since the wedding. Victoria really does seem to be her own woman, a totally independent personality who is sharing a wonderful marriage with the man she loves.

Madeleine may not feel the necessity to have a "public" separation of Father and Child but then, she could just as easily go the other way and have her father give her away at the altar as a real live fairytale bride, or, just to be different, she could actually go Swedish tradition all the way to the altar with Chris at her side. It will be interesting to see . . .

Old 12-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Wedding in Royal Chapel, in June.
Going to the altar - like her sister and brother in law did.
Bridal children:
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
Princess Isabella of Denmark
Baroness Estelle of Finspang
Sebastien von Dincklage
some Chris' nephews/nieces
some Sommerlath relatives
Godchildren (?)

"Sure" Guests:
Earl & Countess of Wessex
Crown Prince & Princess of Norway
Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie of Denmark
King Konstantin & Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
Princess Benedikte & Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein Berleburg with their children
Princess Martha Louise & Ari Behn of Norway
Prince Andreas of Sachsen Coburg Gotha with his family

Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Wedding in Royal Chapel, in June.
Going to the altar - like her sister and brother in law did.
Bridal children:
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
Princess Isabella of Denmark
Baroness Estelle of Finspang
Sebastien von Dincklage
some Chris' nephews/nieces
some Sommerlath relatives
Godchildren (?)

"Sure" Guests:
Earl & Countess of Wessex
Crown Prince & Princess of Norway
Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark
Prince Joachim & Princess Marie of Denmark
King Konstantin & Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
Princess Benedikte & Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein Berleburg with their children
Princess Martha Louise & Ari Behn of Norway
Prince Andreas of Sachsen Coburg Gotha with his family
I'd love to see Prince Sverre Magnus and Princess Isabella in the bridal party. It would be cute to see photos of them together!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think there will be a concert or a dinner at the evening before the wedding will take place?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

She picked an interesting date to get married. Two days after National Day and two days before her birthday! I'm glad she chose the Royal Chapel. It's so beautiful!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
By the way, did I explain it right for you Scandinavians?
No, it´s a tradition in Denmark for the bride to walk down the aisle with either her father or in case if he´s dead, by her mother or another dear/near familymember/familyfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
When it comes to the Danish weddings the brides have all come from countries with the Anglo-Saxon/Continental tradition that the father of the bride leads his daughter to the altar.
Again: It´s a danish tradition that the FOB walks the bride to the altar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But in Denmark this was also done when Queen Margrethe and her sisters married that they where accompanied to the Altar by King Frederik IX.
Yes, out of tradition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
As I mentioned, maybe it's a family tradition in the Danish and Norwegian royal families that the father walks the bride to the altar, but it's not a tradition in general in those countries or in Sweden that the father of the bride walks his daughter to the altar.
It certainly is a tradition in Denmark that the father walks the bride to the altar. That´s why King Frederik IX did it with his three daughters and that´s why CPss Mary walked to the altar by the arm of her father.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
It certainly is a tradition in Denmark that the father walks the bride to the altar. That´s why King Frederik IX did it with his three daughters and that´s why CPss Mary walked to the altar by the arm of her father.
Sorry, I didn't know that the Danish wedding customs differ that much from the Swedish ones, as it's not a Swedish tradition that the bride of the father walks his daughter to the altar. It seems as if the Danish wedding traditions are closer to the Anglo-Saxon and Continental traditions than the Swedish, Finnish and, as I presume, the Norwegian ones.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Where do you think will the "wedding kiss" take place?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Heir Apparent

On the balcony of Royal Palace, like Victoria and Daniel's one.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I think her wedding gown will modern and simple. I expect it will be nothing like Victoria's gown. I also don't think I will like her gown but I hope she will suprise me. I think she will wear the Cameo tiara with the family veil.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Looking back at what she wore at Victoria's wedding I think her dress will be lavish. I don't think it'll be as simple as Victoria's.

I hope she wears that tiara she wore at the Nobel prize.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Courtier

According to Expressen (here I only have the version in Bunte) Madeleine would prefer marriying "in secret", i.e. without cameras in the church. This is declared as a rumor and nothing is confirmed of the court, as Bertil Ternet asked for patience, as there are in the middle of dicussions.

I certainly hope not, that this will happen - and if ou ask me, she simply cannot afford that. She IS a Princess of Sweden, a public figure, and this means, that some things - like your wedding - is a Public Affair as well.

She knows that and Chris should have found out in the meantime as well .....

BYe Bine

Madeleine von Schweden: Will sie Chris ganz privat heiraten? - BUNTE
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Looking back at what she wore at Victoria's wedding I think her dress will be lavish. I don't think it'll be as simple as Victoria's.

I hope she wears that tiara she wore at the Nobel prize.
I too think and hope it will be lavish... She deserves it! She may not be the future queen, but she is just as deserving as her sister when it comes to her dress and tiara.

What tiara did she wear at the Nobel ceremony?

I almost think that she will follow tradition and wear the cameo (my favorite), and the family veil. If not however, I'm a color girl, and I would love to see her in a colored tiara!

I'm so excited for this wedding! Madeline is one of my favorite royals! This will e exciting!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post

What tiara did she wear at the Nobel ceremony?
The Amethyst tiara. It's really beautiful.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning is speculating who will be the page boys and flower girls.
Their suggestions
- Nathalie von Horn, 5 years (daughter of Madeleine's friend Katarina von Horn)
- Ludvig Cederlund, 4 years (son of Madeleine's friend Charlotte Cederlund Kreuger)
- Anais and Chloë Sommerlath, 3 years (twins of Patrick Sommerlath, Madeleine's and Carl Philip's godchildren)
- Jasper d'Abo, 12 years (son of Chris' sister Tatjana)
- the youngest daughter of Chris' sister Natascha
- children from the European royal houses, likely Isabella and Sverre Magnus
Old 04-06-2013, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

hola published an article about madeleine visiting paris this week with her friend louise gottlieb.

they speculate that madeleine may have chosen an international designer based in paris, like elie saab or vera wang. although i would have preferred madde to chose a swedish designer, i do not blame her for wanting elie saab after the beautiful dress he created for stephanie of luxembourg :) on the other hand, although i like vera wang, i don't think her designs are "royal wedding material".

the chef will be the same person who cooked at victoria's wedding, the chef of Operakällaren.

Secretos de la boda de Magdalena de Suecia
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
hola published an article about madeleine visiting paris this week with her friend louise gottlieb.

they speculate that madeleine may have chosen an international designer based in paris, like elie saab or vera wang. although i would have preferred madde to chose a swedish designer, i do not blame her for wanting elie saab after the beautiful dress he created for stephanie of luxembourg :) on the other hand, although i like vera wang, i don't think her designs are "royal wedding material".

the chef will be the same person who cooked at victoria's wedding, the chef of Operakällaren.

Secretos de la boda de Magdalena de Suecia
Madeleine visited Paris with her friend Louise Gottlieb a few days before she had her hen party in Switzerland, Svensk Damtidning wrote that she was looking for wedding dresses, this is old news.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will here on TRF be a subforum for the wedding like the weddings of William and Catherine, Albert and Charlene and Guillaume and Stéphanie got?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

All in good time principessa, all in good time.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Madeleine of Sweden releases further wedding details - hellomagazine.com