Madeleine & Chris's Wedding: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back at what she wore at Victoria's wedding I think her dress will be lavish. I don't think it'll be as simple as Victoria's.

I hope she wears that tiara she wore at the Nobel prize.

According to Expressen (here I only have the version in Bunte) Madeleine would prefer marriying "in secret", i.e. without cameras in the church. This is declared as a rumor and nothing is confirmed of the court, as Bertil Ternet asked for patience, as there are in the middle of dicussions.

I certainly hope not, that this will happen - and if ou ask me, she simply cannot afford that. She IS a Princess of Sweden, a public figure, and this means, that some things - like your wedding - is a Public Affair as well.

She knows that and Chris should have found out in the meantime as well .....:bang: :whistling:

BYe Bine

Madeleine von Schweden: Will sie Chris ganz privat heiraten? - BUNTE

Looking back at what she wore at Victoria's wedding I think her dress will be lavish. I don't think it'll be as simple as Victoria's.

I hope she wears that tiara she wore at the Nobel prize.

I too think and hope it will be lavish... She deserves it! She may not be the future queen, but she is just as deserving as her sister when it comes to her dress and tiara.

What tiara did she wear at the Nobel ceremony?

I almost think that she will follow tradition and wear the cameo (my favorite), and the family veil. If not however, I'm a color girl, and I would love to see her in a colored tiara!

I'm so excited for this wedding! Madeline is one of my favorite royals! This will e exciting!

Svensk Damtidning is speculating who will be the page boys and flower girls.
Their suggestions
- Nathalie von Horn, 5 years (daughter of Madeleine's friend Katarina von Horn)
- Ludvig Cederlund, 4 years (son of Madeleine's friend Charlotte Cederlund Kreuger)
- Anais and Chloë Sommerlath, 3 years (twins of Patrick Sommerlath, Madeleine's and Carl Philip's godchildren)
- Jasper d'Abo, 12 years (son of Chris' sister Tatjana)
- the youngest daughter of Chris' sister Natascha
- children from the European royal houses, likely Isabella and Sverre Magnus

hola published an article about madeleine visiting paris this week with her friend louise gottlieb.

they speculate that madeleine may have chosen an international designer based in paris, like elie saab or vera wang. although i would have preferred madde to chose a swedish designer, i do not blame her for wanting elie saab after the beautiful dress he created for stephanie of luxembourg :) on the other hand, although i like vera wang, i don't think her designs are "royal wedding material".

the chef will be the same person who cooked at victoria's wedding, the chef of Operakällaren.

Secretos de la boda de Magdalena de Suecia

hola published an article about madeleine visiting paris this week with her friend louise gottlieb.

they speculate that madeleine may have chosen an international designer based in paris, like elie saab or vera wang. although i would have preferred madde to chose a swedish designer, i do not blame her for wanting elie saab after the beautiful dress he created for stephanie of luxembourg :) on the other hand, although i like vera wang, i don't think her designs are "royal wedding material".

the chef will be the same person who cooked at victoria's wedding, the chef of Operakällaren.

Secretos de la boda de Magdalena de Suecia

Madeleine visited Paris with her friend Louise Gottlieb a few days before she had her hen party in Switzerland, Svensk Damtidning wrote that she was looking for wedding dresses, this is old news.

Last edited:
Will here on TRF be a subforum for the wedding like the weddings of William and Catherine, Albert and Charlene and Guillaume and Stéphanie got?

:previous:

All in good time principessa, all in good time. ;):D

If she wanted Vera Wang she could visit in New York Vera is based here.

So can anyone please translate what the article says his title might be? Or does anyone have an idea what it might be? Oh and is the May ceremony the civil marriage part of it?

Aaaaah, looking forward to the wedding!
Bye Bine

Just one month to wait. I am soooooo looking forward!

If you go to the pre wedding information thread the last comment will direct you to the thread that will show you the wedding bans tnread. :)

Why would Chris get a title - he isnt swedish, doesnt live / doesnt intend to live in Sweden, doesnt speak swedish and doesnt work for the swedish people. There is no reason to give him a title. I am not sure he even wants a title.

He isnt my cup of tea but I appreciate that he has a job, that he wants to keep his job, that he is his own man with his own money. Marrying Madeleine certainly doesnt hurt within the circles both are moving, but in at the end of the day this is kind of an equal marrige (socially, financially). Hopefully their love is strong and not only superficial.

The press is speculating about the title, since it was announced after Madeleine's first engagement that Jonas would be a duke.
The king's solicitor has told that to be able to get a title, Chris must apply for the swedish citizenship (he has already dual citizenship in the U.S. and the United Kingdom).

I think Jonas would have been different since the couple would have lived in Sweden, worked for Sweden. I doubt Chris will attend any events apart from absolutely-must-attend and will continue working in his regular job.

Is it possible to become Swedish and keep two more citizenships at the same time?

I think Jonas would have been different since the couple would have lived in Sweden, worked for Sweden. I doubt Chris will attend any events apart from absolutely-must-attend and will continue working in his regular job.

Is it possible to become Swedish and keep two more citizenships at the same time?

The king's solicitor said that Chris could have three citizenships at the same time.

The king's solicitor said that Chris could have three citizenships at the same time.

Thanks for your response. I still think its not a good idea for Chris to get a title unless there is a work commitment for Sweden, speaking Swedish. I have the feeling that Chris is not keen to make any more that the must-do commitment towards Sweden.

Thanks for your response. I still think its not a good idea for Chris to get a title unless there is a work commitment for Sweden, speaking Swedish. I have the feeling that Chris is not keen to make any more that the must-do commitment towards Sweden.

I agree. And I don't like about the idea that a person has three citizenships at the same time. The citizenship loses it's importance then IMO.

It is not as if Christopher would actually be created a duke or that the title would be his, he would simply be the consort the same as the Duke of Palma or the Duchess of Cambridge. Not really a big deal. Seems kind of sexist in a country that is all about equality to deny him what would automatically be accepted for a female spouse of a titled male.
As for having multiple citizenships well I have them and cannot say it have ever presented a problem for me.

If his title will be by virtue of his wife's title, then it is a "courtesy title", which comes automatically by marriage right..Why to again specifically grant him one?
Though I would personally prefer both of them to live a quiet life in US, away from all things royal, attending only extremly impotant occasions..

It is not as if Christopher would actually be created a duke or that the title would be his, he would simply be the consort the same as the Duke of Palma or the Duchess of Cambridge. Not really a big deal. Seems kind of sexist in a country that is all about equality to deny him what would automatically be accepted for a female spouse of a titled male.
As for having multiple citizenships well I have them and cannot say it have ever presented a problem for me.

That would be the Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland. Madeleine already holds this title, while Infanta Cristina (Palma) or Prince William (Cambridge) were only 'named' upon marriage.

That would be the Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland. Madeleine already holds this title, while Infanta Cristina (Palma) or Prince William (Cambridge) were only 'named' upon marriage.

Not the worst title IMHO :).
Nevertheless I think, if Jonas would have received a title (and this has been announced from the RH prior to the separation), then Chris MUST receive a title as well -- whether from his own right or via his wife. Everything else would be unfair and one could come to the conclusion, that the king is unhappy about Madeleines choice and wedding.
Bye Bine

Not the worst title IMHO :).
Nevertheless I think, if Jonas would have received a title (and this has been announced from the RH prior to the separation), then Chris MUST receive a title as well -- whether from his own right or via his wife. Everything else would be unfair and one could come to the conclusion, that the king is unhappy about Madeleines choice and wedding.
Bye Bine

But according to the king's solicitor, Chris can't have a title, if he doesn't apply for the swedish citizenship.

Do you think that Madeleine and Chris will stay in Sweden from their banns until their wedding or will they travel back to the US and come back shortly before the swedish national day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom