Madeleine & Chris's Wedding: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,I think she will attend. She also attended Madeleine´s 30th birthday this year.

I definitely think Emma will attend, I would be surprised if she did not.

As Chris is RC I wonder will he convert to Lutheranism or perhaps there's no need for him to do so?

Whereas Sofia didn't. :D

Sofia didn't attend that 30-birthday party which was for Madeleine's friends, Emma attended that. But Sofia attended at the birthday party Victoria and Daniel arranged for Madeleine at the Haga Palace, family members were invited. Here's are Madeleine, Sofia and Carl Philip arriving to the party at the same car.
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...D8616029451F7A946A59C4096707F0A938D022&sz=800
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...D8616029451F7A946A59C4096707F0A938D022&sz=800

Last edited:
Perhaps they will do an eucomenial (sp?) instead. It's not as if M. will ever be head of the family like her sister and therefor would Need a lutheran service.

As Chris is RC I wonder will he convert to Lutheranism or perhaps there's no need for him to do so?

Haven't they already said that he will not convert? It is only people in the line of succession that need to be Lutheran, not their spouses. Queens Desiree and Josefina were both RC.

Haven't they already said that he will not convert? It is only people in the line of succession that need to be Lutheran, not their spouses. Queens Desiree and Josefina were both RC.

The Marshal of the Realm was asked: Christopher O'Neill is a Catholic. Will he have to convert to Protestantism before marrying Princess Madeleine?
And the Marshal answered: No, he won't have to convert.

Interview with Marshal of the Realm Svante Lindqvist - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

But if he wants to convert, it is his own decision.

I wonder what music they'll have...

Hopefully they will avoid the Disneyesque song at the end of the wedding like V & D had at theirs. That was the only part of their wedding that I really disliked. It would perhaps have been appropriate at the wedding concert, but at the actual wedding it was a pretty awful IMO.

Hopefully they will avoid the Disneyesque song at the end of the wedding like V & D had at theirs. That was the only part of their wedding that I really disliked. It would perhaps have been appropriate at the wedding concert, but at the actual wedding it was a pretty awful IMO.

I really disliked it as well. I don't think it was suitable for a wedding ceremony. Hopefully, Madeleine will avoid that direction.

Even if Chris doesn't convert, will they have to raise their children Lutheran?

Even if Chris doesn't convert, will they have to raise their children Lutheran?

I think so, because I don't see Madeleine being okay with her children loosing their place as heirs to the swedish throne even if this places will always be far distant from the throne.

But in the end it doesn't really matter which religion will be the family religion. The most important think is that their kids will have a nice and happy childhood.

I won't call you crazy at all because I have the same feeling. Either before Madeleine's wedding or directly afterwards we will get a nice little engagement announcement. :whistling: And if you look at that link over at RoyalDish.com some users have already put the Cameo Tiara on Sofia's head. Watch here: http://royaldish.com/avs/avatar_1603.jpg :ROFLMAO:

I doubt that Sofia Hellqvist will ever be allowed to wear the Cameo tiara, neither at her wedding to Carl Philip (if there is a wedding at all) nor at any other event.

Even if she is created a princess, she will never be "royal" enough to wear anything above the Laurelwreth tiara from Prince Bertil's estate. This tiara will apparently go to Carl Philip when Lillian passes away.

The picture with Sofia at RoyalDish.com is just fun. I do not know if they will ever marry least alone which tiara she will be allowed to wear. We just have to wait and see.

I guess that the don't want to have instead of wedding gifts donations to Madeleines "Min Stora Dag" and / or to the World Childhood Foundation.

I doubt that Sofia Hellqvist will ever be allowed to wear the Cameo tiara, neither at her wedding to Carl Philip (if there is a wedding at all) nor at any other event.

Even if she is created a princess, she will never be "royal" enough to wear anything above the Laurelwreth tiara from Prince Bertil's estate. This tiara will apparently go to Carl Philip when Lillian passes away.

According to Lilian herself in her autobiogrphy "Mitt liv med prins Bertil" her tiara will be given to crown princess Victoria when Lilian dies

Personally, I would not be the slightest bit sad to 'not be allowed' to wear that awful cameo tiara. It's my absolute least favorite piece of royal jewelry, period!

When Madeleine and Chris will get married, the king will pay the costs, confirms Bertil Ternert for Expressen.
- It is not the taxpayers, but King Carl Gustaf paying wedding with money from the private fortune, he says.

When Crown Princess Victoria married Prince Daniel the costs were paid by the state.
But it is not so when the little sister proceeds to the altar.
The issue of payment came up when councilor Staffan Norberg in Södertälje, wrote an article in the local newspaper, in which he questions the fairness of that the tax payers will pay for Madeleine's wedding.
Now the king has ruled that it is he - and not taxpayers - who is paying the bill when it's time for the wedding and a big party.
- I responded and corrected his incorrect allegation, says Bertil Ternert to Expressen about Staffan Norberg's opinion.
- The royal funds appropriated to the King and his family, they've given the statutes on which ones to get money. And there is no question of the state, ie the taxpayers, should pay Princess Madeleine's wedding. It is the king who pays. Bernadotte family has got a fortune as they managed a couple of hundred years.
Kungen ska betala för Madeleines bröllop Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Svensk Damtiding has opened a poll "What the wedding of M + C will be?" and the most participants vote for a citywedding in Stockholm!

Google Translate

A city wedding in Stockholm will be wonderful. More people can be part of the street celebrations. Cannot wait for all the new developments. .

If the wedding will be held in Stockholm, I think that the cortege route will be shorter than at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding (if there is a cortege at all) and the Vasaorden will not be used.

Last edited:
If the wedding will be held in Stockholm, I think that the cortege route will be shorter than at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding (if there is a cortege at all) and the Vasaorden will not be used.
Not necessarily. The wedding of the King's youngest sister Princess Christina included both elements - the cortège as well as the ride in the barge Vasaorden -, and I would say that at least the carriage ride is a given.
The wedding will certainly be held in Stockholm - my bets are on the beautiful Palace Church instead of the cathedral where CP Victoria's wedding took place.

I´m so happy to finally se another Swedish royal wedding!!

My bet´s are:
-A whitetie wedding (ofcourse :D)
-it will be held in the palace church
-the wedding will be in late may or in june
-there will be a carrige tour in central Stockholm - but not a ride in Vasa-ordern.
-plenty of royals will be there - ofcourse mainly from Scandinavia (but not Kings and Queens, most CP-couples and many prince and princesses from europe.
-i hope that Victoria will get to wear one of the bigger tiaras and one that she hasn´t had on yet
-i think that madeleine will wear the connaught tiara to have more choices with the dress

The wedding of the King's youngest sister Princess Christina included both elements - the cortège as well as the ride in the barge Vasaorden -, and I would say that at least the carriage ride is a given.
This article on the Swedish Royal Court page, Prinsessan Christina och Herr Tord Magnuson - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version] . doesn't mention anything about a ride in the Vasaorden, but there was a boat trip from Stockholm to Drottningholm Castle for Christina and Tord. Maybe Madeleine will do something similar.

About the tiara speculations, wouldn't it be a very nice gesture if Madeleine was able to borrow princess Lilian's laurel tiara for the wedding, as the princess won't be able to attend herself: http://tinyurl.com/cobfn9f

Last edited:
Do you think that today's announcement in the UK will effect the date of Madeline's wedding? I can't imagine that Madeline would want to risk her wedding being overshadowed by the birth of a future British monarch. Then again I could see how she might be happy to have some of the attention deflected away from her wedding day so that she and Cris can have more privacy.

I have to assume that a date is going to be announced soon -- probably a May or June wedding since that will assure good weather.

Even though her wedding will not be as "grand" as that of Victoria, Madeleine is the King's daughter and I think we can expect a spectacular wedding. I, for one, won't mind if she doesn't have the cheesy love song at the end of her ceremony. :)

Do you think that today's announcement in the UK will effect the date of Madeline's wedding? I can't imagine that Madeline would want to risk her wedding being overshadowed by the birth of a future British monarch. Then again I could see how she might be happy to have some of the attention deflected away from her wedding day so that she and Cris can have more privacy.

One is a wedding another a birth. How many people will not attend the wedding, because someone has a child. And how to plan? What if it is born early, what if it is born late. Overshadowed. I think she could care less. She is happy. She should be.

One is a wedding another a birth. How many people will not attend the wedding, because someone has a child. And how to plan? What if it is born early, what if it is born late. Overshadowed. I think she could care less. She is happy. She should be.

I agree. it is not as if Madeleine's wedding will attract that much attention outside of Sweden and perhaps a brief newclip in the US since she is marrying an American. Anything Catherine does, including a new hair style, would overshadow the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom