The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria's dress is designed by swedish Fadi el Khoury

Expressen's fashion expert Emma Danielsson's grades from the dresses.
Emma Danielssons betyg på kläningarna Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Old 06-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Gentry

Here is my two cents, I am not a fan of the wedding dress because I think it add weight to her and make madeleine look old but since it her day whatever make her happy.
Chris is ok, Estelle future heartbreaker, madeleine bother cannot remember his name please shave up I don't get why all these royal men does not groom themselves before show up at event the women should not be the only one that need to look clean at all time.
honestly I wish all the royal men can at least try!! As for the live coverage SVF I give them F--- because the coverage sucks I have to restart my computer 8time to watch the event.
My other two cents on the royal women Mary look wow, mette the same , Charlene please demand a tiara from albert two years into married you deserved one and stop with the tacky dress, Charlene dress better when she is not on royal event why do the opposite.
As for Stephanie you are 28 not 40 dress your age I don't know why they keep dressing her like her mother in law look at Kate of wales she will never been seen out looking like Stephanie, why are designer not helping Stephanie out too, I just wish they can stop age her with all those dress, look at Mary she is older but dress far more better than Stephanie. And Sofia we all know your wedding is next before that stop with your over tan makeup, she is only 26yrs and need to easy up on the extra tan and makeup and her dress is O.K. I can see they have her sit at the back at the church but it seems to me she look less worry because she know she will be front and center soon.. Anyway that is my two cents now back to bed....

Old 06-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

I was impressed with HGD Stephanie. She made some improvements but I was utterly disappointed with Charlene. Why isn't she wearing a tiara?
Old 06-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Silvia looked brilliant apart from her tiara,its my least favourite of the Swedish one's.Princess Benedikte of Denmark also looked very regal,but I think she always does!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Aristocracy

Did any of the Belgian royal family come? I didn't see any of them.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
No. And no one from the Netherlands and Spain.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
No, they didn't arrive.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

The best dressed : Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Tatiana of Greece, and Princess Martha Louise of Norway.

Not bad : Princess Marie of Denmark, Crown Princess Marie Chantal of Greece (too bad the dress looked white on screen), and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Aristocracy

Was it the guest list that didn't include the belgian, Dutch and Spanish royals or a busy schedule for their members?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Was it the guest list that didn't include the belgian, Dutch and Spanish royals or a busy schedule for their members?
I do think they were invited, but declined for various reasons. My best guesses:

Dutch: WA and Maxima would have been there if it hadn't been for the fact that they are king and queen now. The swedish and dutch royal families are close. The other members could have had previous engagements.

Spanish: Problems at home. Not good PR to go to a wedding with lots of bling and fancy stuff in a small, obscure nordic country if you have domestic issues.

Belgians: No idea, actually...
Old 06-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I do think they were invited, but declined for various reasons. My best guesses:

Dutch: WA and Maxima would have been there if it hadn't been for the fact that they are king and queen now. The swedish and dutch royal families are close. The other members could have had previous engagements.

Spanish: Problems at home. Not good PR to go to a wedding with lots of bling and fancy stuff in a small, obscure nordic country if you have domestic issues.

Belgians --> CP Philippe is in USA, but another members like Princess Astrid with her husband? - no idea

Spanish --> what problems? economical? Inaki?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post

All of the above, I think. But I still think that they could have sent someone to represent. Elena, perhaps?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta19pl View Post
Belgians --> CP Philippe is in USA, but another members like Princess Astrid with her husband? - no idea

Princess Mathilde could have attended on her own, like Charlene did.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Best looking Royal female guests:

CP Victoria
HRH Princess Nikolaos
Princess Martha-Louise
HGD Stephanie
HRH Princess Marie of Denmark

Worst:

Charlene of Monaco-her refusal to wear either an Order or tiara when she has both, and when the dress code calls for it, borders on petulant and rude imo.

Mary of Denmark-completely surprised me. She is usually immaculate at these events but that loud, lace raspberry thing was an epic fail, imo.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Princess Mathilde could have attended on her own, like Charlene did.
Yes, I agree. I think it's strange that these three royal houses didn't send anyone at all. Also, I don't think that Liechtenstein was represented, but I could be wrong about that.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post

right
Princess Beatrix is at the Bilderberg Conference (6 till 9 June 2013), which she never misses.
Prince Constantijn and princess Laurentien had a long standing obligation on Saturday and the birthday of their eldest daughter Eloise.

The duke of Brabant was on a trade mission and returned only on Saturday evening
Old 06-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
right
Princess Beatrix is at the Bilderberg Conference (6 till 9 June 2013), which she never missed.
Prince Constantijn and princess Laurentien had a long standing obligation on Saturday and the birthday of their eldest daughter Eloise.

The duke of Brabant was on a trade mission and returned only on Saturday evening
Thanks for the information. That explains it. But I think that it's sad if the fact that WA and Maxima are king/queen now has prevented them from going to a wedding that they otherwise would have loved to attend.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Um, no to the Valkyrie look:
Niklas Bolle And Lovisa De Geer Attend The Evening Banquet

And I thought the groom's mum was fine. She is, just FYI, form Austria not the US and she has lived any number of places including London.
Eva O Neill Departs For The Banquet After The Wedding

And when I saw this, I thought back to Pippa's bridesmaid dress - Sophia looks great! http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/170166344
Old 06-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Was Princess Birgittas husband there? I know they live separate lives and live in different countries but doesnt he usually show up for big events like this?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Was Princess Birgittas husband there? I know they live separate lives and live in different countries but doesnt he usually show up for big events like this?
In all the pics I saw, he was not there.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/170...7j95Klvw%3d%3d

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine, wedding