Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Christopher O'Neill: June 8, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh that's such a shame, i believe at victoria's wedding we got to see the dinner also and the speeches?

Victoria and Daniel had wanted to show everything for the swedish people, and it was a state occasion. This was a private wedding, and at first Madeleine didn't want the wedding to be shown in TV at all, but the king ordered that the wedding has to be shown.

Here are tons of photos for those who are interested in the bride
Live 1 | Live | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to SVT for allowing me to watch the wedding service in sunny
Charleston, South Carolina, and thanks to the Royal Forums and everyone else for putting up with my inane comments during the wedding!:ROFLMAO: I have enjoyed and am still enjoying every moment of it!

I bet Madeleine's ex is wondering why the heck he did what he did and, hopefully, regretting it for the rest of his life.

I noticed that Victoria and Madeleine where their engagement rings closest to their hand then their wedding rings, where as I and many others where the wedding ring closet to the hand then the engagement ring.

Why do V and M where their rings in that order?

Has anyone found a photo of Queen Silvia holding Estelle in the church?
When does the cortège start?

In the U.S. we take off the engagement ring and put the band on first then put the engagement ring back on.

Most stunning royal bride thst I'd seen.They look so in love and it makes me smile, lol.The flowers on her head is a very nice touch.

A few things that I wasn't crazy about:.

1.) I don't see the need for the non-religious, Disney-esque romantic songs being sung at the Church ceremony. I didn't like it at Victoria's wedding and I didn't like them today
2.) Frankly, and I already know that I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I didn't think it was appropriate to bring 1 1/2 y.o. Estelle into Church. The focus should be on the bride, not a toddler who will one day be Queen and have plenty of her own big days!
3.) Why on God's good earth did the TV cameras focus on those violinists at the end of the ceremony and COMPLETELY MISSED Madeleine and Chris bowing to the King??????

Who was the "best man" that accompanied Chris to the church?

I thoroughly enjoyed that wedding. It certainly helped that so much was in English! I think for me the highlight was watching Victoria and Daniel with Estelle throughout the ceremony. And Daniel teaching Estelle to blow kisses was absolutely delightful! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Madeleine is so beautiful that would be impossible to her looking bad in her wedding day. However, I was expecting a different dress, not a romantic type like this one. And I was expecting the Cameo tiara too just to see how it would like on Madde.
Chris was so happy, so in love, it was very touching.
I think the service was too short but at the same time it was better than William and Kate wedding and all those songs and lectures. Here in Brazil the services are short too (sometimes really short).

I bet Madeleine's ex is wondering why the heck he did what he did and, hopefully, regretting it for the rest of his life.

Well he's engaged to be married, so I hope for his future wife's sake that he doesn't regret his split from Madeleine. Both Jonas and Madeleine have moved on with their lives and found love with other people. I imagine they are both happy with the way things turned out.

I thoroughly enjoyed that wedding. It certainly helped that so much was in English! I think for me the highlight was watching Victoria and Daniel with Estelle throughout the ceremony. And Daniel teaching Estelle to blow kisses was absolutely delightful! :D
Estelle, Victoria and Daniel were the highlight for me too. Estelle is absolutely adorable.

Last edited:
This was I think first and foremost for Madeleine and Chris a family wedding. There is no reason her niece should not be there.

Jonas has a lovely fiancée, they are getting married in August. And the beauty isn't the thing which makes people happy, it is the life they share together.

A nice 24 pic gallery from Berlingske: Svensk prinsesse fik sin Chris | www.b.dk

I see all who wear uniforms are wearing the mess uniforms.

The sentry at the sentry box is a dragoon. The guards lining up along the red carpet outside the church are grenadiers.

Last edited:
2.) Frankly, and I already know that I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but I didn't think it was appropriate to bring 1 1/2 y.o. Estelle into Church. The focus should be on the bride, not a toddler who will one day be Queen and have plenty of her own big days!

I'm fairly certain that it was Madeleine and Chris's choice, so apparently Madeleine didn't mind for her little niece to "steal the show" (it's what you make of it, I suppose, because I think that while Estelle was super adorable, Madeleine and Chris were still the ones I focused the most on). I'm sure that Victoria and Daniel wouldn't have brought her, had Madeleine not wanted it.

1.) I don't see the need for the non-religious, Disney-esque romantic songs being sung at the Church ceremony. I didn't like it at Victoria's wedding and I didn't like them today

I agree; I would definitely have liked more solumn, traditional church hymns instead of the (pop) songs at both recent Swedish royal weddings.
And while all 1.5 year olds are cute and eye-catching, the focus should be on the bride and groom that day. Fortunately, no toddler tantrum to disturb the ceremony today :)

Chris O'neill has completely won me over with his emotional reactions today. Best groom since 14 May, 2004 ;)

I agree; I would definitely have liked more solumn, traditional church hymns instead of the (pop) songs at both recent Swedish royal weddings.
And while all 1.5 year olds are cute and eye-catching, the focus should be on the bride and groom that day. Fortunately, no toddler tantrum to disturb the ceremony today :)

Chris O'neill has completely won me over with his emotional reactions today. Best groom since 14 May, 2004 ;)

Would the May 14, 2004 groom be Mr. UserDane? :flowers:

3.) Why on God's good earth did the TV cameras focus on those violinists at the end of the ceremony and COMPLETELY MISSED Madeleine and Chris bowing to the King??????

1. This is Madeleine's wedding and it is as she wanted it.

2. I don't like kids at weddings either, but see comment No. 1. :lol:

3. Some place some where there is a shot of them bowing to the King AND Queen. We just haven't seen it yet.

Back
Top Bottom