The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I saw it more as, "Yeah, we made it. I managed to clear all the hurdles and not mess up and this beautiful woman I adore is now my wife." Which is essentially the same thing, as "Yeah, I got the girl!", and it's just fine with me.
After my husband and I exchanged vows, I don't remember what the priest said after, perhaps he pronounced us husband and wife, my husband put his fist up in the air much like Chris did. It was a very long path to get the alter for us and my husband was naturally excited that we were finally there and finally married. There is even a picture of him doing it which I adore.

So, I am not one to criticize Chris, nor do I feel the need. Planning a wedding to a real princess that took place across an ocean from where they live had to be nerve wracking for them, even if they had a lot of help. I agree with Roslyn that it was perfectly fine to do it and share that relief with the rest of the world.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
After my husband and I exchanged vows, I don't remember what the priest said after, perhaps he pronounced us husband and wife, my husband put his fist up in the air much like Chris did. It was a very long path to get the alter for us and my husband was naturally excited that we were finally there and finally married. There is even a picture of him doing it which I adore.

So, I am not one to criticize Chris, nor do I feel the need. Planning a wedding to a real princess that took place across an ocean from where they live had to be nerve wracking for them, even if they had a lot of help. I agree with Roslyn that it was perfectly fine to do it and share that relief with the rest of the world.
Thanks for the explanation. I agree. This is another thing that is done in America that might look "off" to other cultures. It amy seem odd but it is a symbol of real celebration for competitive people here and athletes the world over. It is a celebration of crossing a very tough (metaphoric) finish line.

Chris did not fit the Prince Charming mold on the outside; he took a lot of heck for it in the press and here in the forums before the wedding.

I think a lot of us were convinced by his wedding day actions that he is the real deal. He may not be slick, but I now believe he has a heart and it belongs to Madeleine.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I do have to say that I was surprised to see the emotion that came from Chris considering he is usually very unemotional. He actually had tears in his eyes and he smiled so much I thought I would pass out from shock. He is definitely more handsome when he smiles. Do we know where they went for honeymoon.
I agree with you.when I saw his pictures and notices how rigid and unemotional he was I criticized Madeleine's choice of spouse . But then I saw him in the wedding , I completely changed my opinion about him.
I hope Madeleine is the only one that can make him a happy man.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Serene Highness

Lot of people think that Chris was very emotional and very much in love with Madeleine, but I have the opinion after watching this wedding, that he played to much the perfect gentleman and for me it seems he made a show for the public. And I had the feeling it was a little bit embarassing also for Madeleine. But it can be, that they really love eachother, only the media made Chris so theatrical.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
1,5 million Swedes watched the wedding from TV. When Victoria and Daniel got married, 3 million Swedes watched the wedding.

Fler såg bröllopet än fotbollen - Kultur & Nöjen - Sydsvenskan-Nyheter Dygnet Runt
It doesn't come as surprise. Victoria and Madeleine aren't the same and they don't have the same ranks. Obviously more people will tune in to watch the heir marry.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Serene Highness

Sorry, if this was already posted, I couldn't watch this thread til end, but I found now this articles with Instagram-pictures of Marie-Chantal on the boat:
Marie Chantal y Teodora de Grecia cuelgan sus fotos de la boda de Magdalena en Instagram | Revista Semana
Google Fordító

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.c...-instagram/1/#
Old 06-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
Marie-Chantal posted a lot of nice pictures on Instagram, 5-6 pictures I think.
Her username is mariechantal22 or something like that and her profile is not private so you're able to see those pictures
Old 06-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
Lot of people think that Chris was very emotional and very much in love with Madeleine, but I have the opinion after watching this wedding, that he played to much the perfect gentleman and for me it seems he made a show for the public. And I had the feeling it was a little bit embarassing also for Madeleine. But it can be, that they really love eachother, only the media made Chris so theatrical.
Wow, IMO that's a very cynical point of view. However, if you are correct, Chris missed his calling-should have gone into acting instead of finance.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jan Warren from the court has told to Expressen about the taking of the official photos. Six photos were taken right after the wedding ceremony. Warren had estimated that it would take 50 minutes to take the photos but it only took 15-20 minutes. He had put names at the floor so that everyone knew where they should stand, he has organized taking of photos before, he remembers that there were 65 people and Victoria's and Daniel's photo. The king helped Warren by watching that the people came to the room and were at the right places.
They had planned that Estelle would be at the photos, but Bertil Ternert tells that Estelle got tired. Estelle was brisk, they had thought that she wouldn't have managed to stay at the church the whole wedding, but she did, says Warren.
Sanningen om familjebilden Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

"Invaluable advertising"
Chris O'Neill's and Princess Madeleine's wedding was a great history - for the groom's brand.
On the royal wedding the Royal Chapel was full of billionaires - and during the wedding night the royals partied with both Swedish and international business.
Even well-known names from Chris O'Neill intercourse among financial elite in New York appeared in the Church and in Drottningholm. 54-year-old John Chandris, good for 4 billion SEK and granddaughter of the founder of the Greek shipping company Chandris. Also Whitney Kroenke, from Walton family that owns the retail chain Walmart, was in the wedding.
The fact that the Swedish royal family has close ties with the business community is no secret. The king is often seen in the company of senior executives of Swedish companies and represent Sweden in the company of Swedish Enterprise Travel in the world.
Many observers believe that Chris O'Neill's entry into the Swedish royal family will benefit his business. He is a partner and head of research at the small finance company Noster Capital, including behind the fund Noster Global Value.
Carlos Cancino, founder of PR firm Konsensus, told the newspaper that the wedding is a "promotional rate hit."
- The marriage has given him articles in the international press and has put him and the company on the map, he says to DI.
Stock market analyst Mats Jonnerhag, with 25 years experience in the financial world, agrees.
- The name is put on the map. Chris O'Neill has gone and married a Swedish princess which has given publicity in the world. It's invaluable publicity for the Fund, I am convinced, he says.
”Reklamen ovärderlig” Bröllopet Aftonbladet
Old 06-12-2013, 03:47 PM

Interesting, now that I didn't know this forum extisted I wonder if any interest exist here for uncut and cut exclusive material on the Cortège the past weekend during Madeleins wedding. I also have some stuff from when I meet the Prince outside his residence in Värmland. As the Duke of Värmland he has his house just around the corner from our summer place, next to Rottnen (lake) and this is where I met him and Sofia in his BMW justa few days ago. Surely, she's a catch but I don't think his character fits with the fancy wedding his sister had so last official Swedish royal wedding was likely this weekend. He is a nice dude as a Prince and much appreciated in the province of Värmland since he is communicative. As you surely know, this province is known to be of specific characteristics in the Swedish history as the story tails of Selma Lagerlöf were written only 15 km from his residence.

..if interested in this then press subscribe if you think it's good. I have no clue if this is what you consider spam, but the material is unique and so it the rest I have on my cam.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy

Well, this wedding was unique, as are most weddings. I loved Victoria and Daniel's wedding for many reasons: the beautiful music, the obvious devotion of the couple, Victoria's gown, the gorgeous clothes of all the royals (except for Mabel, of course :)...

But, I enjoyed this wedding, too. Chris' tearing up seemed extremely genuine to me and I found it touching. And, as for his being an American...many of his growing years were spent in Europe and he speaks with a slight English accent. I wouldn't say he is a typical American. :)

I could have definitely done without the two "special" songs...but, I loved the children's choir and the violinists. I enjoyed seeing most of the clothes of the other royals. And, Estelle is simply one of the most adorable babies!

It amused me to see a Crown Princess, a prince and a queen babysitting during a wedding.

I really would like to know why Charlene chose not to wear a sash or jewelery. I think she is beautiful and I do love her clothes and, of course, she can make this choice. But, it really did seem inappropriate to me. Just my opinion.

Anyway, next wedding: Felix and Claire? :)
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM

It was a very beautiful wedding indeed, and Chris seems genuine. However, he's not yet accustomed to the royal style and it's a bit charming how he salutes the crowd with his hand waving and fingers spreading. I wonder if the actually don't give classes in this, surely the do in the military...
Old 06-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautygab View Post
It was a very beautiful wedding indeed, and Chris seems genuine. However, he's not yet accustomed to the royal style and it's a bit charming how he salutes the crowd with his hand waving and fingers spreading. I wonder if the actually don't give classes in this, surely the do in the military...
BeautyGab: I liked your thought about "handwaving classes". Victoria certainly has it down! I remember after that wedding, I found myself practically "nodding graciously" at people.

And, I really did think that Chris seemed genuine; just actually a very nice guy. And, I certainly pray that they have a marriage that is a blessing to each of them.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Wow, IMO that's a very cynical point of view. However, if you are correct, Chris missed his calling-should have gone into acting instead of finance.

I practically fell off the sofa cracking up laughing when I read your post, casualfan!

I absolutely do NOT believe that Chris is a Daniel Day-Lewis clone.

MAYBE he was acting . . .

But I'm not buying that.

NOBODY is THAT good, I think!

I sincerely hope that he and Maddie have a long, happy life together!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Xenia View Post
I agree with you.when I saw his pictures and notices how rigid and unemotional he was I criticized Madeleine's choice of spouse . But then I saw him in the wedding , I completely changed my opinion about him. I hope Madeleine is the only one that can make him a happy man.
I thought his warmth and emotion made Princess Madeleine seem rather stiff and unsentimental.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I thought his warmth and emotion made Princess Madeleine seem rather stiff and unsentimental.
...some sipped info:

The late night dinner was of course "full of" Americans, and no Royal dinner can be recorded on video and/or broadcasted on TV, or elsewhere, if a number of the attendants have the /ˈkərtəsē/ of asking:

–Do you have red instead of white wine? ....during a 5 course meal (with one specific, carefully selected Royal wine to each specific Royal taster in the menu).

In practice, this created problems because even the Royal waiters suddenly didn't know what to do, ...and no surprise that Maddie feels stiff in front of all her better knowledgeable Royalties. Of course it is charming, to some extent.. I just hope that the classes are scheduled. We certainly do not wish to see our Princess on any picnics having wine from a Tetrapack wine-box.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:16 AM
Serene Highness

Mette-Marit and Haakon leaving the party:
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/...pse3c19b1e.jpg

...and arrived to the hotel:
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56b0d2eb.jpg

Mette-Marit and Daniel in the bus:
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/...psed61fa5d.jpg

... on the boat:
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/...psc4572718.jpg
Old 06-13-2013, 02:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

From ABC
New York Banker Marries Princess Madeleine of Sweden Video - ABC News

Clips of Victoria and Daniel
http://24.media.tumblr.com/a52e84a85...8v8qo1_250.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/138e8b1d6...8v8qo2_250.gif
Old 06-13-2013, 03:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Personally I really enjoyed watching the wedding. It was very romantic, imo.

I thought Princess Madeleine looks really stunning. The dress was perfect for her, imo. I also liked her tiara choice. All in all she really was a beautiful bride.
I was also surprised to see Chris being so emotional. I didn't really expect it. It was nice to see (and no, I don't think this was acted).
The couple looked happy during the wedding. I loved how Chris kissed Madeleine on the cheek during the ceremony.

The ceremony was also really lovely. The children singing during the entrance: that was wonderful! I also liked the music when they left the church.

Of course you cannot compare this wedding to the wedding of Victoria and Daniel. Victoria is the heir to the Swedish throne. Her wedding was a state event. It was more formal and bigger. Madeleine's wedding was much smaller and less formal. I think that's quite normal. It's also normal that less people watched the wedding, imo. I wouldn't have expected anything else.

It was lovely to see Estelle being part of this family event. She's such a cutie.
Oh and I loved that Princess Victoria wore Princess Lillian's tiara. What a wonderful gesture.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

When I see pictures of Chris at the wedding, awwww, I am melting away. His emotions would have even cracked a coconut.

He definitely loves Madeleine and she loves him.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine, wedding