The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Chris, who is or was his father? does the mother had several husbands? the sisters look so different from him

Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Chris, who is or was his father? does the mother had several husbands? the sisters look so different from him
Chris' father Paul O'Neill died in 2004. Read more from Chris' family from this thread.
The Family of Chris O'Neill

Old 06-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Chris father has died.His mother was married a couple of times. All sister are half-sisters.

DO we know if SVE will sell a official dvd like they did with Victoria?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow123 View Post
Madeleine looked lovely last night; in fact she looked beautiful in her wedding gown and her evening gown.
I read on another royal site that the white evening gown Princess Madeleine is seen wearing is her mother's dress from Nobel 2001. P. Madeleine must have looked like a fairy princess in that lovely gown.

The Queen's Gowns
Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

It sure looks like the same gown. What a wonderful idea.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

The last 24 hours has been an absolute feast for the eyes to watch the numerous videos and photos from yet another fabulous Swedish royal wedding. I am very grateful for the King's (he has after all the last word) willingness to share these events with the Swedish people and anyone else inclined to follow the royal family. Chris came into his own during this wedding just like Prince Daniel did during his and CP Victoria's. Chris' love for Princess Madeleine could not be missed. He seems totally crazy about her. I am very happy for her and Chris. He may be the perfect combination of wealth and a decent and strong man. May Princess Madeleine find a true anchor in life with Chris by her side. Her work with Childhood is truly a life work of great importance and now her private life will dovetail into her NY base and Swedish family.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post photos and videos and who joined the discussion to celebrate this lovely event. We all got a chance to be virtual guests.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Wedding of Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neal: The official photos| Spletnik.ru
Old 06-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy

is there any information about their honeymoon? I hope we get to see the couple on her birthday tomorrow
Old 06-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Gentry

What a beautiful bride and her handsome groom! The wedding dress was stunning and reflected the true beauty of Princess Madeleine. I wish this great couple a wonderful life together and may they be blessed as they start their journey as husband and wife.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from air of the cortege. Not huge crowds in this rather short route.
Maddes och Chris bröllop - från luften Prinsessbröllopet Madde & Chris Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Old 06-09-2013, 05:01 PM

It seems to me that Chris appears more genuinely happy and that Madde looks as if she is doing a photo op. Perhaps she is keeping in her emotions. CP was much more emotional at her wedding to Daniel.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Hope this doesn't come across as judgey or whatever (I don't mean it as such!) but why were Chris's sisters wearing tiaras? They're not royalty or even nobility, so, personally, It's not what I'd choose to do in that situation. Loved their mom's fascinator, though!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Gentry

ruthieviews

Loved all the wonderful photos. One photo showed Chris and Madeleine passing by the Royal Family. I cannot tell if they were on their way to the alter, or on the way out. Unfortunately, they were not watching her. Victoria was busy helping her mother hold Estelle. Her father was smiling at them. No one was looking at the Bride and Groom. For this reason, I think it would have been better to leave Estelle with the Nanny. It was Madeleine's day and the attention of the Royal Family should have only been on her and Chris.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Hope this doesn't come across as judgey or whatever (I don't mean it as such!) but why were Chris's sisters wearing tiaras? They're not royalty or even nobility, so, personally, It's not what I'd choose to do in that situation. Loved their mom's fascinator, though!
I don't know about non-royal or non-noble families in this social strata, but is it possible that some have family tiaras passed down from farther flung relatives who were once noble? If it were a family tiara such as that, then it should be worn IMO. I can't imagine going out and acquiring one just for the occasion. In my case, I simply couldn't afford to do so anyway!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
At lest one of his sisters are actually nobility. His sister Natascha is married to Graf Enst von Abensperg und Traun.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vee View Post

Hi!

I was --- and AM --- one of the posters who made my feelings COMPLETELY clear on the subject of Chris and how he appeared and read to me in most of the pics taken of the two of them (and him) prior to their wedding.

I am ALSO one of the ones who did not appreciate his flipping a bird at a photog, back in November, thought it was childish behavior on his part, and said so.

I stated my observations and opinions then, and still stand by what I previously posted on the subject, now.

Having said that . . .

I am just beginning to REALLY post anything at all now, AFTER the wedding, because I was at work most of the day and missed most of the festivities, anyway, and couldn't post more than one or two times.

So, nope, I DIDN'T take the day off. I was just unavoidably delayed and am catching up on a lot of what I missed since I got back in a couple of hours or so, ago.

What I'm about to post as regards Chris today at the wedding (based on what I've been able to catch up on so far, going through these threads), was going to be posted ANYWAY, after I'd gone through to the end of this thread, but I saw your post and decided to respond to it immediately.

The man melted my heart, today.

That shot of his face as he saw Maddie coming down the aisle, looking as though he was about to lose it, made ME almost lose it, too.

I was --- and AM --- SO happy to see that pic, and others of him beaming like a lighthouse and radiating sheer joy.

I've stated this before and will state it again, here and now: Yes, he's handsome, but he's even MORE so when he smiles.

And, BOY, did we get to see PLENTY of his teeth TODAY!

Yep, I DO recall saying words to the effect that he read to me very negatively because of the fact that in MOST of the pics of him I'd seen since his engagement announcement, no smile was anywhere on his face. While Maddie, OTOH, was always beside him, smiling so hard you could practically see her wisdom teeth! I said he seemed grumpy and appeared as though he didn't want to be any part of the situation he now found himself in, being engaged to Maddie, even though he himself had created the situation by proposing to her in the first place, and the photogs, and so on, were all a part of it.

Yep, I said that, and stand by it.

Just as I've also said that after seeing the photos of the guy today, he really moved me through his apparently genuine emotion, affection and love for his lady that CLEARLY showed on his face and through his actions.

Yep, I said that, too, and stand by it, as well.

And yes, I wish them well, and sincerely hope they'll last a lifetime together!

I agree! I think at the wedding we saw the Chris that Madde fell in love with. I had my misgivings about him as well. He just came across as serious and somber. Was lovely to see such emotion from him!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I don't know about non-royal or non-noble families in this social strata, but is it possible that some have family tiaras passed down from farther flung relatives who were once noble? If it were a family tiara such as that, then it should be worn IMO. I can't imagine going out and acquiring one just for the occasion. In my case, I simply couldn't afford to do so anyway!
I agree. If it's a family tiara passed down, wear it. This is one wedding where a tiara wouldn't be out of place!!!...any wedding I would be at would be out of place unless I were the bride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
At lest one of his sisters are actually nobility. His sister Natascha is married to Graf Enst von Abensperg und Traun.
Didn't know! Thanks!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
A funny little story about the green wristband Madeliene wore beneath her jewellery wristband, from BT: Overtroiske Madeleine - se hvad hun gemte under juvelerne - Royale | www.bt.dk
I think it's so funny that Madeleine wears a Bahia band, because I do too (almost eleven months and still going strong). Mine is bright yellow and actually, at the first sight of Madeleine's band, I thought hers was too, but apparently it's pistachio-coloured. I think it's rad that she didn't take it off for her wedding day. I'm actually not superstitious, but it would be a waste of wearing it for nine months only to take it off for her wedding.

There's more information on Madeleine's band here.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Because as long as you can afford one, you can wear one. That's the only thing that really determines nowadays, whether you wear one or you don't. Pony up the cash, and you can get a decent-looking headpiece for special events, like your brother marrying a daughter of the King of Sweden.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Watching the video of the cortege today. Amazing crowds lining the streets, gorgeous open carriage and so many horses and military in their finest! Really something to see so many people turn out for only the younger sister of the crown princess. Such a good idea to have them do the route to show off the beautiful city of Stockholm and its people, to people like me, who have never been there.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine, wedding