The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I loved the way they had those little flowers under the tiara, it made it seem so much bigger IMO.

I liked her dress, although I didn't think it was to special, Princess Madeleine was glowing in it.

I like the fact that they took Estelle. Almost every wedding I attended had little children there, it's a family event.

Chris looked very emotional, I think it was cute.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

God I love macaroons. I hope the guests all got one!
Old 06-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
such an organisation at these events! however, i didn't notice them at the official photo with all the guests at the stairs of the palace. i wonder if they maybe did leave after the church service?
HGD G and HGD S were at the banquet, but I didn't notice them at the official photo with all the guests.
We can see they in this gallery -->
Dagen efter Maddes och Chris bröllop | Live | Madde & Chris | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV ( I know that there are many photos in this gallery )
Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Aristocracy

Madeleine looked lovely last night; in fact she looked beautiful in her wedding gown and her evening gown.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Aristocracy

I think it's enlightening and refreshing to read what others write here. It might have to do with what they think about Chris, what kind of music there should be in church, if you should walk your daughter down the aisle or not, if you should bring children to weddings... and the list goes on.

Take the example of kids in the church. In Sweden, almost everyone brings kids to the ceremony in church. Then they usually leave them with a babysitter and go to a childfree (but not alcoholfree) party. I wouldn't even have considererd that people do it the other way around if I hadn't read posts her. So my point - as long as it's polite, I think that different opinions are refreshing and enlightening.

And on that note:
Some people (including the press) has noted that Chris said Madeleines names in the wrong order in church. I didn't even notice that. But don't worry - it's not like Obamas first inaguration, when he had to redo the whole thing the next day. The marriage is very much legally void even though he mixed up her names
Old 06-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Nobility

Before seeing the wedding I didn't like Chris due to various reasons and I thought that Madeleine didn't choose a proper spouse for herself.
But all of that changed and I saw how happy and matched these two were in the in these days I all of my thoughts changed.
I wish them a happy and long marriage.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

This thread has been cleaned up. Please notify the Swedish moderators in case some posts still cause offence. Two remarks:

1) the positions about walking to the aisle with the future husband or father have been made quite clear. The same goes for bringing Estelle/babies to a wedding. It was an interesting discussion but it is time to give it a rest.

2) not everybody needs to be fans of the couple. Don't take offence at comments that do not like every part of the ceremony or people involved. However there is no need to repeat that you don't like them by posting such remarks or negative comments about their wedding ceremony again and again and again.... and again. We got it the first time you made it clear.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Courtier

I loved the charming aspects to this wedding.
The children's choir singing when the bride entered.
The violin players accompanying the couple from the chapel to greet the people.
Going by boat to Drottningholm.

Too bad the director missed the entrance of the bride (the first shot of her was her back) and the curtsying to the King.

I also like the setting of the official photographs.

Bride and groom looked happy. Chris looked so proud of his bride.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy

I wish them a happy and long marriage.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

When I saw her wedding dress in the church I thought she would have a 'party' dress as well. See they've got her pictured smoking outside the wedding party

Old 06-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy

I thought Madeleine was by far the most beautiful princess bride I have ever seen. The neckline of her dress, the hair, tiara, etc. just accentuated a beautiful young woman. Chris choking back the tears and the way they interacted throughout the ceremony showed they truly love each other. They both seemed elated after the ceremony. The ceremony reflected the two of them and their desires just as our ceremonies reflect our own desires. I was especially impressed when Chris looked directly into Madeleine's eyes when he spoke the vow of being faithful. I wish them joy and happiness - truly until death parts them (hopefully not for a very long time).
Old 06-09-2013, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I visited Stockholm earlier in the year but I wish I had gone this weekend instead! The city must have a good atmosphere at the moment. I enjoyed watching the wedding (unfortunately I had a busy day yesterday so was unable to watch the whole ceremony live), Madeleine and Chris looked really happy . I'm also happy that Victoria and Daniel bought Estelle with them! On another note, does anyone know which tune the violins were playing? I really liked it.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Aristocracy

it has been a while since I have been really touched by a wedding ceremony.. loved it, especially that beautiful exit from the church. wish them a long and happy life together :)
Old 06-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

A funny little story about the green wristband Madeliene wore beneath her jewellery wristband, from BT: Overtroiske Madeleine - se hvad hun gemte under juvelerne - Royale | www.bt.dk

I understand the wristband itself is a Brazilian costum, but I didn't know the story behind it.

The text on the band reads: "To the memory of the god Bahia".

Apparantly you put on the band and tie it with three knots each representing a wish that will come true, once the band is so worn it will come off by itself.
If however, you removed the band before time, you will be plaqued with misfortune!
Madeleine apparantly bought such a band three years ago, when she moved to New York, and when it fell off a year and a half later, she had met her future husband, Chris O'Neil.

She has been wearing the current armband for nine months now, obviously with no intention of removing it, not even on her wedding day.

The costom with the Bahia wristbands go back 200 years.

Close ups: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...715-armbnd.jpg
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...494713-sat.jpg
Old 06-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's official wedding photographs
Old 06-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

so bad that they catch a picture of madeline smoking!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
A funny little story about the green wristband Madeliene wore beneath her jewellery wristband, from BT: Overtroiske Madeleine - se hvad hun gemte under juvelerne - Royale | www.bt.dk
Thanks for posting a little of the history behind these bracelets. Now I'm wondering if perhaps the children had green sashes/green pants to maye edge the three wishes on or even not to clash should Madeleine's bracelet peep out from under that diamond one.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Nobility

I almost never cries when i look at television but i began already during the processional march when the children began to sing and i was so moved the rest of the evening .
Old 06-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

A huge gallery at the website of Bunte
BUNTE.de - Leidenschaft für Menschen

A bad quality photo of Madeleine and Chris dancing, from the Twitter of swedish chef Marcus Samuelsson
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMU9FqHCQAAui9m.jpg:large

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine, wedding