The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
They were at church, but not at the ceremony as guests, and took Princess Estelle back home after the ceremony.
Are you sure about this?

Old 06-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looked stunning in both dresses and why not? She is stunning. Her father is her father and to that end, it is the end of being the most important male in her life, old fashioned, and her husband now becoming the most important male in her life. Not giving or receiving. The baby belonged at home. Estelle will never remember any of this and she distracted from the events. I dislike small children at wedding, they do not benefit from being there, nor do their parents or anyone else.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

No prob as the begins to rise a photo of Princess Victoria still inside
http://media.shootitlive.com/XXEXmTK...tonbladet/1431

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi View Post
Are you shure about this?
on the live chat on Aftonbladet one of the reporters confirmed it.

ETA found it
Eric Melin:
Mandis: they were invited, but turned it down in order to fit Estelle in Haga, if it had been needed during the ceremony. Estelle was in shape for the wedding and was involved in the church. However, they have during the evening held the crown princess daughter looking at Haga Palace.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post

Honestly,it was silly to bring such a young child to a church wedding.
It distracts the attention from the couple who marry and from the ceremony.
What if Estelle made a tantrum in the middle of the ceremony.I have the feeling that Victoria loves to much to show her daughter as a trophy.
I hope the couple gave their approval
IMO that is completely ridiculous. Weddings are family events, and if she had started misbehaving, I'm sure there was a nanny ready to fetch her.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
No prob as the begins to rise a photo of Princess Victoria still inside
http://media.shootitlive.com/XXEXmTK...tonbladet/1431

it's true on the live chat on Aftonbladet one of the reporters confirmed it.
AH, Aftombladet, not a reliable surce!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well they've been outside the palace all day I'd assume maybe just this once their prob right. I always say even if the story is 90% false there's usually about 10% truth in it. If your curious to find out how they know you can always ask them they're taking questions both in swedish and english
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Generally I agree with you, but in this case I think it's true. In fact, it's the most probable explaination to lots of things. As we say in Sweden, even a blind chicken can find a grain here and there
Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think it's plausible. Daniel's sister & her husband were guests at the wedding and it's possible that his parents were invited. It doesn't seem as if Estelle spends a lot of time with nannies (she seems awfully attached to her parents and Vickan's family, in a good way), so it's certainly plausible that Daniel's parents were waiting in the wings to be able to take Estelle if a situation arose.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I don't think the court would release anything official about this if that's what you mean the only info right now we have are from these websites since none of us were actual guests for now this is all we have to go by

The king in the morning waving from the palace
http://media.shootitlive.com/FBKihyq...expressen/1020
Old 06-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
She looked stunning in both dresses and why not? She is stunning. Her father is her father and to that end, it is the end of being the most important male in her life, old fashioned, and her husband now becoming the most important male in her life. Not giving or receiving. The baby belonged at home. Estelle will never remember any of this and she distracted from the events. I dislike small children at wedding, they do not benefit from being there, nor do their parents or anyone else.
I totally agree. All I am seeing on other boards is how "Estelle stole the show" and that is my point...she shouldn't have-it wasn't about Estelle today.

But at least there were no tantrums, and I like to believe that if Madeleine had objected Victoria wouldn't have brought her.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Madde saying farewell to her guests I think her hair now down
http://media.shootitlive.com/F8eLTqQ...tonbladet/1431
Thank you for share this photo.

I think that - Princess Madeleine wears another dress... Valentino? Maybe...
Old 06-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, what a party! Wish I was there!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

I totally agree. All I am seeing on other boards is how "Estelle stole the show" and that is my point...she shouldn't have-it wasn't about Estelle today.

But at least there were no tantrums, and I like to believe that if Madeleine had objected Victoria wouldn't have brought her.
To the people that matter the day was about Madeleine and Chris. People are always drawn to cute babies. :shocking:
Old 06-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The church must have been really hot since everyone was fanning themselves and they seemed uncomfortable.

Sofia looked really nice in that lavender. Good choice.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Festivities are now over but no sight of the couple so we have no clue if they snuck out somehow or just chose to stay at the castle. There were pics(I think on Expressen) of Carl Phillip leaving though with Sofia(apologize for the spelling) or atleast looked like him.

Per Jesper
https://twitter.com/jesperparnevik/s...55430628339712

I've been up since early this morning and have been terribly ill but didn't want to miss the fun so I stayed but I'm off now.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

If I were them I'd leave in the early morning.

This is off topic, but I thought Emma Pernald was pregnant?
Old 06-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Courtier

I thought overall this was a fantastic wedding. Madeleine was a beautiful bride and, from the one picture I've seen, her second dress is one of the nicest formal outfits I've ever seen on a royal. I hope she and Chris have a long and happy life together.

In theory I'm not a fan of children at weddings, and honestly I'm not a "kid person" in general, but I have one niece who's a little bit younger than Estelle, and I'd absolutely want her at my wedding, potential tantrums and scene stealing be damned, because she's an important part of my family and I love her to bits! Maybe Madeleine felt the same way... and, as others have pointed out, I'm sure Estelle would have been whisked out of the church at the first sign of trouble.

One thing I don't get is the Swedish royal family's attachment to cheesy, cringe inducing singing at their weddings!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post

In theory I'm not a fan of children at weddings, and honestly I'm not a "kid person" in general, but I have one niece who's a little bit younger than Estelle, and I'd absolutely want her at my wedding, potential tantrums and scene stealing be damned, because she's an important part of my family and I love her to bits! Maybe Madeleine felt the same way... and, as others have pointed out, I'm sure Estelle would have been whisked out of the church at the first sign of trouble.
My thoughts exactly. I have a nephew that's Estelle's age and he has to be at my wedding. Even if he steals the show I wouldn't care. As long as he didn't scream and disturb anyone. I think thats exactly how Madeleine felt.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
If I were them I'd leave in the early morning.

This is off topic, but I thought Emma Pernald was pregnant?
Emma had a baby boy some time ago.

I admire how Madeleine seems determined to maintain her friendship with her. They must have formed a very close bond.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

Estelle seems to be a very calm baby. Chances are good they made sure she had a good nap before hand and fed her, so she was in a good mood. Victoria may be Crown Princess, but I can bet you the family jewels that if the King or Queen had thought it was a bad idea for Estelle to attend, she would have just spent the whole weekend with her paternal grandparents.

Tags
chris o'neill, princess madeleine, wedding