Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Christopher O'Neill: June 8, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God I love macaroons. I hope the guests all got one!

such an organisation at these events! however, i didn't notice them at the official photo with all the guests at the stairs of the palace. i wonder if they maybe did leave after the church service?

HGD G and HGD S were at the banquet, but I didn't notice them at the official photo with all the guests.
We can see they in this gallery -->
Dagen efter Maddes och Chris bröllop | Live | Madde & Chris | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV ( I know that there are many photos in this gallery ;))

Madeleine looked lovely last night; in fact she looked beautiful in her wedding gown and her evening gown.

I think it's enlightening and refreshing to read what others write here. It might have to do with what they think about Chris, what kind of music there should be in church, if you should walk your daughter down the aisle or not, if you should bring children to weddings... and the list goes on.

Take the example of kids in the church. In Sweden, almost everyone brings kids to the ceremony in church. Then they usually leave them with a babysitter and go to a childfree (but not alcoholfree) party. I wouldn't even have considererd that people do it the other way around if I hadn't read posts her. So my point - as long as it's polite, I think that different opinions are refreshing and enlightening.

And on that note:
Some people (including the press) has noted that Chris said Madeleines names in the wrong order in church. I didn't even notice that. But don't worry - it's not like Obamas first inaguration, when he had to redo the whole thing the next day. The marriage is very much legally void even though he mixed up her names :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Before seeing the wedding I didn't like Chris due to various reasons and I thought that Madeleine didn't choose a proper spouse for herself.
But all of that changed and I saw how happy and matched these two were in the in these days I all of my thoughts changed.
I wish them a happy and long marriage.

This thread has been cleaned up. Please notify the Swedish moderators in case some posts still cause offence. Two remarks:

1) the positions about walking to the aisle with the future husband or father have been made quite clear. The same goes for bringing Estelle/babies to a wedding. It was an interesting discussion but it is time to give it a rest.

2) not everybody needs to be fans of the couple. Don't take offence at comments that do not like every part of the ceremony or people involved. However there is no need to repeat that you don't like them by posting such remarks or negative comments about their wedding ceremony again and again and again.... and again. We got it the first time you made it clear.

Last edited:
I loved the charming aspects to this wedding.
The children's choir singing when the bride entered.
The violin players accompanying the couple from the chapel to greet the people.
Going by boat to Drottningholm.

Too bad the director missed the entrance of the bride (the first shot of her was her back) and the curtsying to the King.

I also like the setting of the official photographs.

Bride and groom looked happy. Chris looked so proud of his bride.

Last edited:
I thought Madeleine was by far the most beautiful princess bride I have ever seen. The neckline of her dress, the hair, tiara, etc. just accentuated a beautiful young woman. Chris choking back the tears and the way they interacted throughout the ceremony showed they truly love each other. They both seemed elated after the ceremony. The ceremony reflected the two of them and their desires just as our ceremonies reflect our own desires. I was especially impressed when Chris looked directly into Madeleine's eyes when he spoke the vow of being faithful. I wish them joy and happiness - truly until death parts them (hopefully not for a very long time).

I visited Stockholm earlier in the year but I wish I had gone this weekend instead! The city must have a good atmosphere at the moment. I enjoyed watching the wedding (unfortunately I had a busy day yesterday so was unable to watch the whole ceremony live), Madeleine and Chris looked really happy :). I'm also happy that Victoria and Daniel bought Estelle with them! On another note, does anyone know which tune the violins were playing? I really liked it.

Last edited:
it has been a while since I have been really touched by a wedding ceremony.. loved it, especially that beautiful exit from the church. wish them a long and happy life together :)

A funny little story about the green wristband Madeliene wore beneath her jewellery wristband, from BT: Overtroiske Madeleine - se hvad hun gemte under juvelerne - Royale | www.bt.dk

I understand the wristband itself is a Brazilian costum, but I didn't know the story behind it.

The text on the band reads: "To the memory of the god Bahia".

Apparantly you put on the band and tie it with three knots each representing a wish that will come true, once the band is so worn it will come off by itself.
If however, you removed the band before time, you will be plaqued with misfortune!
Madeleine apparantly bought such a band three years ago, when she moved to New York, and when it fell off a year and a half later, she had met her future husband, Chris O'Neil.

She has been wearing the current armband for nine months now, obviously with no intention of removing it, not even on her wedding day.

The costom with the Bahia wristbands go back 200 years.

Close ups: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/494/6/6494715-armbnd.jpg
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/494/6/6494713-sat.jpg

so bad that they catch a picture of madeline smoking!!!!

I almost never cries when i look at television but i began already during the processional march when the children began to sing and i was so moved the rest of the evening .

Chris, who is or was his father? does the mother had several husbands? the sisters look so different from him

Chris father has died.His mother was married a couple of times. All sister are half-sisters.

DO we know if SVE will sell a official dvd like they did with Victoria?

Madeleine looked lovely last night; in fact she looked beautiful in her wedding gown and her evening gown.
I read on another royal site that the white evening gown Princess Madeleine is seen wearing is her mother's dress from Nobel 2001. P. Madeleine must have looked like a fairy princess in that lovely gown.

The Queen's Gowns

The last 24 hours has been an absolute feast for the eyes to watch the numerous videos and photos from yet another fabulous Swedish royal wedding. I am very grateful for the King's (he has after all the last word) willingness to share these events with the Swedish people and anyone else inclined to follow the royal family. Chris came into his own during this wedding just like Prince Daniel did during his and CP Victoria's. Chris' love for Princess Madeleine could not be missed. He seems totally crazy about her. I am very happy for her and Chris. He may be the perfect combination of wealth and a decent and strong man. May Princess Madeleine find a true anchor in life with Chris by her side. Her work with Childhood is truly a life work of great importance and now her private life will dovetail into her NY base and Swedish family.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post photos and videos and who joined the discussion to celebrate this lovely event. We all got a chance to be virtual guests.

is there any information about their honeymoon? I hope we get to see the couple on her birthday tomorrow

What a beautiful bride and her handsome groom! The wedding dress was stunning and reflected the true beauty of Princess Madeleine. I wish this great couple a wonderful life together and may they be blessed as they start their journey as husband and wife.

It seems to me that Chris appears more genuinely happy and that Madde looks as if she is doing a photo op. Perhaps she is keeping in her emotions. CP was much more emotional at her wedding to Daniel.

Hope this doesn't come across as judgey or whatever (I don't mean it as such!) but why were Chris's sisters wearing tiaras? They're not royalty or even nobility, so, personally, It's not what I'd choose to do in that situation. Loved their mom's fascinator, though!

Back
Top Bottom