Queen Beatrix Announces Abdication: January 28, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Willem will make an official statement before April 30?

Proficiat aan de nieuwe Koning van Nederland, Willem-Alexander, en zijn gemalin, Koningin Maxima.

God behoede de Koning!

Did she mention Friso? I heard her mention Prince Claus, but I don't speak Dutch, so I couldn't follow it all.

I greatly admire Queen Beatrix for her service and dedication thoughout the years.

:dutchflag:

I think foreign royals would have been aware of what was going to happen; if nothing else we've seen that Beatrix, WA and Maxima are quite close to members of several other royal families. I imagine it's something they've known was coming for awhile now.

I am also speechless, I completely didn't expect that. Although I know it's a tradition in the Netherlands.

From 30 april 2013 Beatrix will be known as princess Beatrix

From 30 april 2013 Beatrix will be known as princess Beatrix

Geez, I don't like Princess Beatrix .. think she should be Queen Mother or something along those lines. Once a Queen, always a Queen (easy for me to say!)

Beatrix once proved again why she is and was such a great monarch. She mixed tradition with renewment so very well. She basically said what I predicted for her reason to abdicate.

She's had her ups and downs but her regency itself had no mistake. What a woman!

On another note, in a few months, Crown Princess Victoria will not be the only female heir apparent in the world anymore! :flowers: :D

I'm happy her speech wasn't about Prince Friso's health (unless good news of course)

I was starting to fear about it

A new beginning for Willem & Maxima.

Geez, I don't like Princess Beatrix .. think she should be Queen Mother or something along those lines. Once a Queen, always a Queen (easy for me to say!)

Both Wilhelmina and Juliana were known as Princesses after their abdication.

I wish Willem-Alexander and Maxima well as they tackle their new roles. One thing I would ask; the most recent 4 rulers of the Netherlands have all been female, and they've all abdicated - is that a tradition for Queen Regnants, or will Willem-Alexander one day abdicate in favor of his eldest daughter?

Did the prime minister make his speech?

I wish Willem-Alexander and Maxima well as they tackle their new roles. One thing I would ask; the most recent 4 rulers of the Netherlands have all been female, and they've all abdicated - is that a tradition for Queen Regnants, or will Willem-Alexander one day abdicate in favor of his eldest daughter?

3 rulers have been female, Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix. Wilhelmina succeeded Willem III.

Did the prime minister make his speech?

Yes.

Queen Beatrix's speech - http://translate.google.com/transla...januari/toespraak-van-hm-de-koningin/&act=url

Leonor and Ingrid?

They're not heiresses apparent until their fathers are on the throne. The heirs apparent of Spain and Norway are Prince Felipe and Crown Prince Haakon.

Emmily said:
Leonor and Ingrid?

They are not the heiress apparent yet, as their parents have not become King yet.

3 rulers have been female, Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix. Wilhelmina succeeded Willem III.

Okay, so I was off by one. That said, is that something that female monarchs do, or is it something that Willem-Alexander will be expected to do as well?

He's been The Prince of Orange since 1980, when he was 13 and when his mother became Queen Regnant. What evidence do you have for this 18 rule?

Why?

Ther is no 18 rule on that Title,the Monarch is free to bestow that when or if He / She feels it is right to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom