Pre-Inauguration Dinner at the Rijksmuseum: April 29, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About Naruhito faking smile, he's not faking it.
Are you watching tv?
I very much hope you are right, I was judging just from the few pics I saw - Naruhito is very good at faking smiles. But I would have to see more coverage to be sure. If he should actually be cheerful, that would give me some hope because he, of course, knows best what the consequences could be.
I think for the very first place, Masako was not supposed to attend this dinner because of the long flight. All we knew was that it was announced she will attend the investiture, not this dinner.
Unfortunately, she definitely was scheduled to attend the banquet, that is certain. (Source) Regarding the rest, see above.
(Maybe Naruhito thinks that they will be criticized no matter what, so it does not make that much of a difference anyway. Let´s hope it...)

But are they criticizing Masako? And sorry if I'm off topic, but exactly what she has? Depression or something even worse, like panic disorder?
Officially, she has got "adjustment disorder", which is sort of a culture shock that mostly children experience when they come to live in another country. But by definition this condition does not last any longer than 6 months, so this is of course complete nonsense. Whatever Masako suffers from, it cannot possibly be "adjustment disorder".

Just like Kathia Sophia said, most watchers suppose that it must be some sort of depression she is suffering from. What is certainly characteristic for her condition is that there are very sudden ups and downs. When she is well, she can be very well, but this can change all of a sudden, and then again she is very bad again.
And just like Kathia Sophia also said, all this is due to the enormous pressure she is living under. Before her marriage, she was a very cheerful, serene, outgoing, vigorous woman.

Edit: Ouups, sorry for double posting! I thought there should have been many new posts in the meantime...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are any of the VanVollenhoven cousins at the dinner? I thought I had seen their names on the guest list.
The Queen, Willem and Maxima look wonderful and happy! I love being able to see "history in the making".
I love Crown Princess Mary's dress. She is so beautiful. And, Mathilde...gorgeous. Mette-Marit....looks like the blonde, beautiful Norwegian that she is...but, I do think the dress looks like an old-fashioned nightgown for a cold night. Stephanie is adorable. But, I think the dress looks a little old for her. Perhaps, she just has a childlike look in her delicately-featured face...which causes that contrast?
Anyway, all the dresses and jewels are delightful to see and a wonderful relief from what we see in the rest of the news. I am grateful that these Monarchies still exist. :)

Officially, she has got "adjustment disorder", which is sort of a culture shock that mostly children experience when they come to live in another country. But by definition this condition does not last any longer than 6 months, so this is of course complete nonsense. Whatever Masako suffers from, it cannot possibly be "adjustment disorder".

Just like Kathia Sophia said, most watchers suppose that it must be some sort of depression she is suffering from. What is certainly characteristic for her condition is that there are very sudden ups and downs. When she is well, she can be very well, but this can change all of a sudden, and then again she is very bad again.
And just like Kathia Sophia also said, all this is due to the enormous pressure she is living under. Before her marriage, she was a very cheerful, serene, outgoing, vigorous woman.

Edit: Ouups, sorry for double posting! I thought there should have been many new posts in the meantime...

Thanks for all the answers. I have read before that she had/has depression and that she couldn't manage the royal life, but reading the posts today I thought she could have another disease.

I'm already imagining Charles's future Official Coronation Banquet.

Is it me or Maxima's tiara is bigger than usual? Does it have a base?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a6eff104db497b9c2f6ce5496fdbefe4/tumblr_mm17z0gDaK1r6jme9o1_250.png

I just saw what Princess Mathilde is wearing,she's so serene and always so elegant.I love the cut of her gown! :flowers:

Also,can't get over how Princess Mary has such great posture..her skin is always glowing. :http://royalwatcher.tumblr.com/tagged/inauguration-2013

Is it me or Maxima's tiara is bigger than usual? Does it have a base?

Yes,the diamonds are perched on a base.

I think Stephanie is trying too hard. She should had over her wardrobe duties to Elie Saab --- she looked fabulous at her pre Wedding dinner and at the wedding.

All of the Royal women with the exception of Mette-Marit look stunning. For me the standouts are Maxima and Mathilde. Letizia looks elegant and gorgeous as she always does in evening wear but she is so tiny and thin that I am not sure black is the right color for her...it makes her look almost frail.

Maxima looks gorgeous, gorgeous. Mathilde reminds me of Princess Grace in her heyday. I am so happy to see the Duchess of Cornwall there and she did not disappoint, very elegant and so is Princess Mary. I adore Princess Stephanie's shimmery sea green, she should take the wrap from her shoulders for full effect. I am a little disappointed with Victoria's gown but she is pretty anyway.

I don't know what went wrong with Mette-Marit. It looks like a nightgown you'd wear on the farm during a cold winter's night. :sad:

This is my favourite picture of the night, simply cos I am a great Prince Charles fan, and also I'm flying the flag for the over 60s (lots of v lovely 40 somethings there tonight)

Britains Prince Charles Of Wales And Camilla Duchess Of

Its as if he's telling the photographers to take pix of Camilla cos she is looking great. He is obviously so happy with her and she is a lovely to him now as she's always been. They work really well together.

MoonMaiden23: I have already said that. :flowers:

And you were totally right, darling. MM is tall and beautiful and can look like dynamite when she wants. I have seen her do it! :ermm:

I hate the Daily Fail, what a pointless rag it is. And that is one of their tackiest headlines EVER.

Did the Palace release what was on the menu tonight?

Are any of the VanVollenhoven cousins at the dinner? I thought I had seen their names on the guest list.

They were not on the guestlist tonight:

"On Monday 29 April, on the eve of her abdication and the investiture of King Willem-Alexander, Her Majesty the Queen will host a dinner in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.

In addition to His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, the guests will include Her Royal Highness Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, Professor Pieter van Vollenhoven, Their Royal Highnesses Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, Her Royal Highness Princess Irene, Her Royal Highness Princess Christina and Her Royal Highness Princess Mabel.

Among the other guests will be the members of the royal and special delegations (see news item RVD 28 April), the members of the Council of Ministers for the Kingdom, the Governors and Prime Ministers of Aruba, Curaçao and St Maarten, the Presidents of the States of Aruba, Curaçao and St Maarten, the Presidents of the House of Representatives and Senate of the States General, the Vice President of the Council of State, the Queen's Commissioner in North Holland, the Mayor of Amsterdam and the Director of the Queen's Office."

News - Het Koninklijk Huis

This is my favourite picture of the night, simply cos I am a great Prince Charles fan, and also I'm flying the flag for the over 60s (lots of v lovely 40 somethings there tonight)

Its as if he's telling the photographers to take pix of Camilla cos she is looking great. He is obviously so happy with her and she is a lovely to him now as she's always been. They work really well together.

Ooh, that's a view I didn't think of, I just thought that he was doing a nice little jig down the red carpet and they were both very happy :D

Whichever way you/I look at it - I am so loving this picture of them, they both look soooo happy and it's lovely seeing Camilla in all of her finery :flowers:

What's really important is that the Holland Diamond is out and about again,all 40 carats of it as the pendant of Princess Máxima,after almost 40 years in the Royal vaults!!!:flowers:

where's the swoon-y smiley when you need one? OMG.

where's the swoon-y smiley when you need one? OMG.

Except it turned out not to be the Stuart diamond, but apparently a diamond from Queen Emmas devante de corsage. Nice big diamond though that added some nice glitter to the evening.

Queen Beatrix looks amazing! Cannot say I am a fan of Princess Irene's black and white tartan skirt.....Not the best headline either!

What a cute pic......

Everyone looks utterly wonderful! What a lovely event and glittering with smiles and diamonds!!! Crown Princess Sarah chose a very clever design for her dress with the orange flowers against the blue background!
I do hope Masako is ok and hope maybe she has seen her parents?

I'd like to know what was on the menu too!

Back
Top Bottom