The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Abdication & Inauguration 2013

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Cancelling two existing engagements, after she has agreed to them is worse IMO. People may understand, but that doesn't mean it's fair either way.
It depends on when she scheduled the engagement. The inauguration dates have been known since what, January? And Charlene's foundation stuff wasn't announced until recently, so she could have moved it forward a few days or back a few days.
__________________

__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 581
Charlene is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. There would have been people upset if she had dumped her event to attend this event.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Royals dont cancel engagements when another turns up. That is bad manners.
I do doubt how genuine Charlene's excuse is to be honest. Firstly, a wedding on a Tuesday is very unusual. But back to that in a second. Secondly, it's her foundation. She can visit any time she likes and I doubt this was booked in before January of this year. Now, as close as she might be to her friend, if she has to represent Monaco with her husband in a European nation then it's her duty to be there with him, not at a wedding. Crown Princess Masako suffers with severe anxiety and even she made the effort to go (even if she didn't attend tonight, I'm sure we'll see her tomorrow). My point is, there's degrees in cancelling engagements. Can you imagine Queen Beatrix not going to Crown Princess Victoria's wedding because she had to visit a Dutch charity for an hour or two? Clearly Charlene missed a trick to get an education in how real royalty behaves.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:51 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
Charlene is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. There would have been people upset if she had dumped her event to attend this event.
she didn't have to dump it. she could have rescheduled.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
if she has to represent Monaco with her husband in a European nation then it's her duty to be there with him,
Sorry but "has" to "duty"? Was this all written in her marriage vows or something? Your argument about royals not attending weddings doesn't wash when we see the British Royal Family knock every wedding they can on the head and attend ordinary engagements on the same day.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 PM
vkrish's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If Camilla hadn't attended because of a prior engagement or friends wedding I bet nobody would be as bothered.
No..No..On the other hand they would have started a big noise that this is another example of "British Indifference/high-handedness/superior-feeling"..or some fanatics may go on to say she is was jealous of not becoming Queen or maybe even she was "banished" from the event because of the "stuff", and the prior engagement was just an excuse..
Tell me which one point of these will not come up as a post on TRF (leave alone DM) if Camilla was absent instead of Charlene..
__________________
The only word I hate in the Royal Dictionary - ABDICATION
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,111
Letizia, espectacular en la cena de gala Revista Semana
Máxima de Holanda, radiante en la cena de gala previa a su coronación Revista Semana
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,608
Prince Charles and Camilla head up royal guests at Beatrix's final state dinner:
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall arrive at Dutch royal dinner - hellomagazine.com

On the Live coverage, they were talking about Princess Masako. Mentioning that she have a tough time adjusting to these kind of events.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 581
What about other peoples schedules ? If people expected her why should they have to change their schedules. There will be more events for her to attend this is not the end of events.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
No..No..On the other hand they would have started a big noise that this is another example of "British Indifference/high-handedness/superior-feeling"..or some fanatics may go on to say she is was jealous of not becoming Queen or maybe even she was "banished" from the event because of the "stuff", and the prior engagement was just an excuse..
Tell me which one point of these will not come up as a post on TRF (leave alone DM) if Camilla was absent instead of Charlene..
British indifference yes, because that my friend actually exists. However you're other ideas make no sense and should stay in the pages of the Daily Mail.


On a more related note - are we not missing some Dutch RF members?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,366
we not going to agree. But if she was attending a friends wedding then that date would have been fixed for quite a while. She wont be the first royal to put a friends wedding first (think Prince William).

As an aside, posters on this site were musing that Prince Albert wouldn't attend because he is a reigning sovereign. So maybe its Caroline that couldn't make it, and Albert stepped in a short notice.

Just a thought!
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
So but "has" to "duty"? Was this all written in her marriage vows or something? Your argument about royals not attending weddings doesn't wash when we see the British Royal Family knock every wedding they can on the head and attend ordinary engagements on the same day.
I absolutely agree with you, I think it's disgraceful how my Royal Family behave when it comes to foreign events. This time, they got it right but quite often they fail to send proper representation. I thought the lack of a British representative at Princess Lilian's funeral earlier this year was appalling. But when Charlene married Albert, she knew she wasn't becoming Mrs Grimaldi didn't she? Of course it's her duty to attend this sort of event, what else is her role? I'm not saying she shouldn't visit her charitable ventures but it's a poor show when something that clearly could have been re-arranged wasn't and I suspect it was to fit in a jolly outing a wedding rather than being present in Amsterdam.

Cepe raises a good point too, what on earth is Albert doing there anyway?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM
vkrish's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Sorry but "has" to "duty"? Was this all written in her marriage vows or something? Your argument about royals not attending weddings doesn't wash when we see the British Royal Family knock every wedding they can on the head and attend ordinary engagements on the same day.
Wedding is different.
Coronation/Enthronement is different..
You can noway compare those two..There is no rule-book or duty-manual for Royals, Lumutqueen.
Being a consort of a Principality's monarch, by common sense, if not by anything else, you are expected to accompany your husband at enthronement of a friendly nation's monarch..
__________________
The only word I hate in the Royal Dictionary - ABDICATION
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:58 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 2,635
I wonder where Willem-Alexander's cousins are? It is a little bit strange for me to see them not attending!
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 1,396
Maybe they entered through a different door?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I absolutely agree with you, I think it's disgraceful how my Royal Family behave when it comes to foreign events. This time, they got it right but quite often they fail to send proper representation. I thought the lack of a British representative at Princess Lilian's funeral earlier this year was appalling. But when Charlene married Albert, she knew she wasn't becoming Mrs Grimaldi didn't she? Of course it's her duty to attend this sort of event, what else is her role? I'm not saying she shouldn't visit her charitable ventures but it's a poor show when something that clearly could have been re-arranged wasn't and I suspect it was to fit in a jolly outing a wedding rather than being present in Amsterdam.

Cepe raises a good point too, what on earth is Albert doing there anyway?
Albert is more than likely there because he is closer to the CPs than Caroline, or she just couldn't be bothered to attend and Albert stepped in last minute. Which would also explain why Charlene isn't there.

Not everything can be clearly re-arranged, not a friends wedding. Who has a wedding on a Tuesday? Who has a inauguration on a Tuesday?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 04-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 2,527
Tears came to my eyes when I first saw the Big Three! Then they stayed there because I was blinded by Max's necklace - go girl!
Also, Camilla, Letitiza, Mathilde channeling princess Grace, Mary, Sophie of Lichtenstien, I have never seen them better.
Victoria is beautiful but the dress doesn't suit her, Poor HGD Stephanie trying too hard.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 04-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Sorry but "has" to "duty"? Was this all written in her marriage vows or something? Your argument about royals not attending weddings doesn't wash when we see the British Royal Family knock every wedding they can on the head and attend ordinary engagements on the same day.
The British royals love their Persian Gulf tours though. If Princess Charlene did not wish to attend the event, there must be reasons for that.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things" Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 290
Is there a picture of Princess Masako?

I did'nt like Letizia's dress, she'so shapeless and fragile looking.Nice hairdo tho.She'll be wearing Felipe Varela creations during her Dutch visit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I do doubt how genuine Charlene's excuse is to be honest. Firstly, a wedding on a Tuesday is very unusual. But back to that in a second. Secondly, it's her foundation. She can visit any time she likes and I doubt this was booked in before January of this year. Now, as close as she might be to her friend, if she has to represent Monaco with her husband in a European nation then it's her duty to be there with him, not at a wedding. Crown Princess Masako suffers with severe anxiety and even she made the effort to go (even if she didn't attend tonight, I'm sure we'll see her tomorrow). My point is, there's degrees in cancelling engagements. Can you imagine Queen Beatrix not going to Crown Princess Victoria's wedding because she had to visit a Dutch charity for an hour or two? Clearly Charlene missed a trick to get an education in how real royalty behaves.
I would say Albert II is the one who should not be there since he is a head of state. Beatrix skipped out on the actual wedding of Felipe and Letizia because she wanted to attend the wedding of her godchild in England on the same day but no one seemed to fussed about it. Monaco is however represented, rightly or wrongly by its head os state so I doubt the Dutch are too fussed about his wife being elsewhere.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amsterdam, inauguration, prince of orange, princess maxima, queen beatrix


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Madeleine & Chris: Pre-Wedding Dinner; June 7, 2013 Marengo Wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden and Chris O'Neill: June 8th 2013 220 11-11-2013 12:30 PM
Inauguration Water Pageant and Dinner; April 30, 2013 Marengo Abdication & Inauguration 2013 128 05-05-2013 06:39 PM
Felipe & Letizia's Pre-Wedding Dinner / May 21st, 2004 xicamaluca Royal Weddings 246 01-26-2013 06:59 AM
Best dressed guest at Crown Princess Victoria's pre-wedding dinner and concert carlota Royal Weddings General Discussion 42 02-05-2012 09:34 AM
Willem-Alexander & Maxima's Pre-Wedding Dinner - 2002 Josefine Royal Weddings 26 01-26-2012 10:23 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman picture of the month pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]