National 'Farewell Party' for Princess Beatrix: February 1, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

The farewell party for princess Beatrix, February 1st 2014

Last edited:
The 'National Comittee Inauguration' is talking to the Jewish community. The date they have chosen for the farewell is September 14th, which coinsides with Jom Kipur and thus makes it impossible for many Jewish people to participate.

The comittee says that they chose the date as the venue (Ahoy in Rotterdam) was available on that date. The event will however not be moved to another date.

Esther Voet, of the CIDI (Center Information and Documentation Israel) called the palace a month ago and pointed the problem out. The private secretary seemed shocked. It is quite clear that they overlooked it. Chief Rabbi Binyomin Jacobs earlier critisized the decision too.

Comité Inhuldiging praat met joodse gemeenschap over afscheid Beatrix :: nrc.nl

The 'National Comittee Inauguration' is talking to the Jewish community. The date they have chosen for the farewell is September 14th, which coinsides with Jom Kipur and thus makes it impossible for many Jewish people to participate.

The comittee says that they chose the date as the venue (Ahoy in Rotterdam) was available on that date. The event will however not be moved to another date.

Esther Voet, of the CIDI (Center Information and Documentation Israel) called the palace a month ago and pointed the problem out. The private secretary seemed shocked. It is quite clear that they overlooked it. Chief Rabbi Binyomin Jacobs earlier critisized the decision too.

Comité Inhuldiging praat met joodse gemeenschap over afscheid Beatrix :: nrc.nl

And so every group or fraction has its ins- and outs..so,nothing could be planned if one leans ones ear to every mouth in the neighbourhood...Oi....:whistling:

The Jewish Dutch aren't 'just' another group IMO, and Yom Kipur isn't 'another' religious holiday. I find it a minor blunder by the committee. It isn't that hard to check if any important religion has a special holdiay before they plan such an event.

Last edited:
The Jewish Dutch aren't 'just' another group IMO, and Yom Kipur isn't 'another' religious holiday. I find it a minor blunder by the comittee. It isn't that hard to check if any important religion has a special holdiay before they plan such an event.

Totally agree, I'm quite surprised.

The Jewish Dutch aren't 'just' another group IMO, and Yom Kipur isn't 'another' religious holiday. I find it a minor blunder by the comittee. It isn't that hard to check if any important religion has a special holdiay before they plan such an event.

Minor yes,very,especially since as far as I can remember,and that's really really far,anything like it has never ever occurred before as most of us 16 million then didn't even know or gave a hood.It has never ever before been the slightest problem and was never the norm to take notice of what each and every fraction has on the menu for celebrations.That has never happened,but ofcourse...let the games commence..on another date?..OK..sois..:whistling:

Last edited:
The grand farewell party for HRH Princess Beatrix will be held on saturday february 1st 2014 at the AHOY Complex,Rotterdam.The previous schedule,for september 14th,was postponed due to the death of HRH Prince Friso.

NOS National TV will air the event LIVE.

Last edited:
The party will be attended by:

Princess Beatrix
HM the King and HM the Queen
Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien
Princess Mabel
Princess Margriet and Prof Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven
Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene
Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita
Prince Floris
Princess Irene
The duke and duchess of Parma
Prince Jaime and Princess Viktoria
Princess Margarita and Tjalling ten Cate
Princess Carolina and Albert Brenninkmeijer
Princess Christina
Bernardo Guillermo

Absent: prince Bernhard, Princess Annette, Princess Aimee, Nicholas Guillermo and Juliana Guillermo.

The party will be attended by:

Princess Beatrix
HM the King and HM the Queen
Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien
Princess Mabel
Princess Margriet and Prof Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven
Prince Maurits and Princess Marilene
Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita
Prince Floris
Princess Irene
The duke and duchess of Parma
Prince Jaime and Princess Viktoria
Princess Margarita and Tjalling ten Cate
Princess Carolina and Albert Brenninkmeijer
Princess Christina
Bernardo Guillermo

Absent: prince Bernhard, Princess Annette, Princess Aimee, Nicholas Guillermo and Juliana Guillermo.

It will be aired LIVE on saturday from 20.30PM onwards.

On Friday evening at 21.40PM a documentary will be aired at NED2
on how the former collegues of Queen Beatrix see/saw her,ao,Queen Margrethe II,Empress Farah et tout

I am looking forward to that documentary, it is the first time I hear about it. Nice of Queen Margrethe and the Empress Farah to participate! Apparently Shimon Peres, president Gül of Turkey, Mary Robinson, Sonia Ghandi, Kofi Annan and former German president von Weizsäcker will also participate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jShq42LukaI

Ivo Niehe will do the interviews.

--

Is it known what will perform at Ahoy? Good artists or Xander de Buisonjé & co? According to the NOS there will be 33 'odes' to celebrate the 33 years of the reign of Queen Beatrix.

Edit: according to the NOS it will be 33 'normal' Dutch who will perform. The Nederlands blasersensemble will accompany the performances. Some groups/people participating: Nederlands danstheater, Corpus Acrobatics, Humberto Tan, Erica Terpstra, Jeroen Henneman, Anita Witzier.

http://nos.nl/koningshuis/video/603477-repetities-voor-dankbetuiging-beatrix.html

---
It would have been nice if the grand children of Princess Beatrix would come too, but it must be too late for them and perhaps rather tedious.

--
Tonight the NOS will air 'Portret van prinses Beatrix' on Nederland 1.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to that documentary, it is the first time I hear about it. Nice of Queen Margrethe and the Empress Farah to participate! Apparently Shimon Peres, president Gül of Turkey, Mary Robinson, Sonia Ghandi, Kofi Annan and former German president von Weizsäcker will also participate.

TV Show Special: Thank You Beatrix - vrijdag 31 januari 21.40 uur Ned. 1 - YouTube

Ivo Niehe will do the interviews.

--

Is it known what will perform at Ahoy? Good artists or Xander de Buisonjé & co? According to the NOS there will be 33 'odes' to celebrate the 33 years of the reign of Queen Beatrix.

Edit: according to the NOS it will be 33 'normal' Dutch who will perform. The Nederlands blasersensemble will accompany the performances. Some groups/people participating: Nederlands danstheater, Corpus Acrobatics, Humberto Tan, Erica Terpstra, Jeroen Henneman, Anita Witzier.

Repetities voor dankbetuiging Beatrix - NOS Nieuws

---
It would have been nice if the grand children of Princess Beatrix would come too, but it must be too late for them and perhaps rather tedious.

--
Tonight the NOS will air 'Portret van prinses Beatrix' on Nederland 1.

No Jantje Smit,Trijntje en Marco I hope no...33 "normal"dutch...Hmm...Bet they had to really search for that...I saw a "melkbussen concert" as part of it last night...very Original grin.....:flowers:..

But first there will be tonights documentary and it's absolutely worthwhile I think.

I read in the NRC that a person named Hans Sönghen is getting married today, so that may explain the absence of princess Aimée (assuming it is a relative).

--
Princess Beatrix will arrive last, after the king and queen. Which is against protocol but as a special honour.

------

The RF just arrived, Queen Máxima surprises us again and wears one of the two large sapphire bow corsages that has last been worn in the 80-ties. This one is not part of the (formerly-known-as) Mellerio saphire parure. http://www.dutchroyaljewels.nl/Diamond_Sapphire_Corsage.htm

Last edited:
I loved the smile at Princess Mabel's face. I admire her!

It seems the photographers had a lot of attention for Pss Mabel greeting the prime minister, due to some (undoubtably fabricated) stories in the German gossip press.

The RF seemed terribly overdressed for the occassion, but it is nice to see them all dressed up.

The idea for the programme was nice, but some performances were bad and/or tedious. Even princess Beatrix had trouble keeping her eyes open at times.

The programme can be rewatched here: http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl/afleveringen/1394571

Princess Viktoria seemed to be wearing a dress that was worn previously by princess Aimée. Princess Marilene wore some diamond ears of wheat in her hair. Princess Anita didn't attend the programme after all.

Last edited:
Smart idea for the ladies to share this maternity gala dress.

Maxima outdid herself tonight. What a fabulous hair do and a creative use of some magnificent jewels! :)

It seems the photographers had a lot of attention for Pss Mabel greeting the prime minister, due to some (undoubtably fabricated) stories in the German gossip press.

The RF seemed terribly overdressed for the occassion, but it is nice to see them all dressed up.

The idea for the programme was nice, but some performances were bad and/or tedious. Even princess Beatrix had trouble keeping her eyes open at times.

The programme can be rewatched here: NOS Beatrix met Hart en Ziel: za 1 feb 2014, 20:25 - Uitzending Gemist

Princess Viktoria seemed to be wearing a dress that was worn previously by princess Aimée. Princess Marilene wore some diamond ears of wheat in her hair. Princess Anita didn't attend the programme after all.

Terribly overdressed?No..Most others were terribly underdressed for an occasion were the former Monarch was honoured.They know what to wear and what grandeur is.Many others don't.The RF came out in a blaze of wonderfull gear and jewelry,just like it should!..True..many people do not really understand that...but I don't blame them,especially not if dressing up to many means they wear a jeans and t-shirt....Next to that everything looks like overdressed....grin.....:lol:

But the evening was a succes,it went from toe-curling to being in awe and every segment in between.I loved it...and most important,Beatrix loved it as did the family...Priceless reactions.:flowers:

PPE Agency

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1720731

The great pics...again...

The pics here will appear later today..after Patrick wakes up..:D:

Dutch Photo Press

What a wonderful Event and a Wonderful Royal Family. They were all there, smiling and happy what a difference with our royal family!
Just very sad for Prince Bernard and his wife Anita.
By the way Lucien , you were not invited this time ?

Does anybody know where I can get a sense about what was said??

What a wonderful Event and a Wonderful Royal Family. They were all there, smiling and happy what a difference with our royal family!
Just very sad for Prince Bernard and his wife Anita.
By the way Lucien , you were not invited this time ?

Prince Bernhard is married to Princess Annette.
Due to his severe illness the couple was not present.
Princess Anita is married to Prince Pieter Christiaan.
Due to a serious operation on her back a few years ago she is often not capable to be present on those festivities.

The Dutch Royal Family get my vote for warmest European Royals! Princesses Beatrix & Margriet sure do love their capes!

I would never ask anyone for a translation for the whole event but what was the part at the end when the audience all put on hats. I saw a video of it on a website and Beatrix seemed to find it really funny I just wondered if / why it was significant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE2NahBUy-8 (from 3.20ish)
Big thanks in advance!!

She looked very sad until they put those hats on. Whatever it meant, I was glad to see her smile.

I would never ask anyone for a translation for the whole event but what was the part at the end when the audience all put on hats. I saw a video of it on a website and Beatrix seemed to find it really funny I just wondered if / why it was significant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE2NahBUy-8 (from 3.20ish)
Big thanks in advance!!

Everyone in the audience had a box underneath the seat containing a paper hat.Chantal Jantzen,the presentor of the evening, had requested the audience to put on the hats on her sign to do so after her own performance at the end of the show...This request she made before the Princess Beatrix made her entrance...At her sign all would take off their hats and scream Chapeau!!! for the Princess...And it worked,Beatrix was listening concentrated and had no clue what was coming until the very moment and then she burst out in laughter and was very moved by the surprise....Hope you,et tout,now get a better idea of it all...It was very impressive,both the evening but especially this very moment...And so good to see her laugh as she did again.Was a wonderfull tribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom