Inauguration of King Willem-Alexander & Reception: April 30, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ITs a special day for the Dutch...to say goodbye to a beloved Queen and Hello to a new beloved King and Queen. Im going to wear Orange today!

Can anyone tell me what the two women and the men are carrying in their arms?

I love Maxima's outfit. She looks stunningly beautiful. I love the royal blue she and the Princesses are wearing.

Queen Maxima is so regal, she will be a great Queen.So elgant and with a formidable presence.Viva, King Willem Alexander! The Dutch are very lucky to have them.Great ceremony, so full of warmth.The elegant ladies for me are Queen Maxima and Camilla.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the royal guests have actually understood of the whole thing :)

I wonder how much the royal guests have actually understood of the whole thing :)

Ah i thought the same thing ...

crown on table

Does anyone know why they didn't place the crown on the new King's head?

That never happens, it's not a coronation but an inauguration.. The regent never wears the crown on the head (unlike for instance in Great Brittain)

Last edited:
Almost none of them, but Mathilde and Phillippe speak dutch as well, so they understood.
I saw Mette-Marit singing along, so she must have some knowledge.

Is there going to be a carriage ride? Will there be a televised reception?

Maxima is soooooo FAN-TAS-TIC!!!!! Love her dress, her hairdo, her jewels !!! She is simpley perfect and regal!!!!!

I don't think there will be an televised reception, and no carriage ride, but a mine sail later in the evening.

Will the foreign royals participate in the evening events after the reception? Anyone knows? It will be a pity to never saw them anymore today...

Almost none of them, but Mathilde and Phillippe speak dutch as well, so they understood.
I saw Mette-Marit singing along, so she must have some knowledge.

I'm not an expert, but I think the singing along was during the National Anthem and the melody is also known as a Christian song, so maybe that was what Mette-Marit was singing?

It was a beautiful ceremony! The new Royal Couple looked extremely regal. Like King and Queen of a fairy tale.
King Willem-Alexander's speech was beautiful, especially the part directed at his mother, and it's great that the children participate during the whole day.

But there was a women there who said something diferent than the two oaths, and people laughed. What did she say?

I think this was the woman who said the oath not in Dutch (as did the rest) but in Frisian, this is the second (and only other) official language of the Netherlands.
Probably the other people murmured because they weren't sure whether this was okay to do, but I understand it's not mandatory to speak Dutch during the oath..

Thank you

I live in Australia and I would like to thank everyone who explained the ceremony. Even though I don't understand Dutch, you could feel the emotion. A big thank you from Australia

Oooh! Love love that they played Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings as the royal family left. It's one of my all-time favorite symphonies. It's joyful and lush with melancholy. Love it. This makes the day perfect for me.

I really loved that little nod that princess Amalia gave when she was mentioned. A perfect imitation of the nods her grandmother gives. Perfect!!!

The guy on television said that Willem I didn't want to have someone to place the crown on his head, because that would mean that person is ranked higher than the king.

Almost none of them, but Mathilde and Phillippe speak dutch as well, so they understood..
I wouldn't be too sure of that :p Their Dutch (well, Flemish) isn't that good and the Dutch that is spoken in The Netherlands has a very particular accent. I always wonder how they speak to each other (as they are very close), it must be very amusing to hear :D

That said, I think Maxima looked really regal! She was so beautiful. Couldn't have been better!

Oh, the dress that Mabel wore ... not a fan, but apparently the ribbon on her arm was one of her wedding dress. Can be seen as a tribute to Friso, which in that case was a nice thing to do.

I really loved that little nod that princess Amalia gave when she was mentioned. A perfect imitation of the nods her grandmother gives. Perfect!!!

Yes, I noticed that too. Adorable!

:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Congratulations to all Dutch TRF- members on your new regal couple! I'm convinced that they will do their very best for the Netherlands. And thank you for two exciting royalty packed days! Queen Maxima looked stunning today!

:dutchflag::dutchflag::dutchflag:

viv

The royals just took the official photographs.

Back
Top Bottom