Dutch Introductory/Official Visit to Germany: June 3-4, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to royablog Máxima doesn't speak German very well. So Bundeskanzler Merkel spoke in English. I believe she explained the view to them already during the previous state visit with Queen Beatrix.

I am quite surprised by the amount of attention for the visit. It seemed there were many people on the street in Wiesbaden and the Hessische Rundfunk broadcasted the arrival & walk in the city live on tv.

The evening programme was also attended by Fürst Wittekind of Waldeck-Pyrmont btw.

---
A clip of the arrival at the Bundeskanzler, who still speaks in German btw:

Dutch King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Angela Merkel - YouTube

Day 2 has started with a visit to Opel in Rüsselsheim:

** anp gallery Rüsselheim ** anp gallery 2 ** daylife gallery **

** ppe gallery 1 - day 2 **

** bild.de: Hollands schönstes Lächeln zu Besuch in Deutschland **

Yesterday's gallery from zimbio has been updated with pics from today:

** zimbio: King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima Visit Hessen **

Pics from Stuttgart:

** ppe gallery 2 - day 2 **

Thank you for the beautiful pictures.
Queen Maxima looks really happy.

According to royablog Máxima doesn't speak German very well. So Bundeskanzler Merkel spoke in English. I believe she explained the view to them already during the previous state visit with Queen Beatrix.

I am quite surprised by the amount of attention for the visit. It seemed there were many people on the street in Wiesbaden and the Hessische Rundfunk broadcasted the arrival & walk in the city live on tv.

The evening programme was also attended by Fürst Wittekind of Waldeck-Pyrmont btw.

---
A clip of the arrival at the Bundeskanzler, who still speaks in German btw:

Dutch King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima visit Angela Merkel - YouTube

I wasn't really amased,knowing how much the neighbours to the east love our RF as if it were their own.Plus Wiesbaden is as you know right smack in the middle of the heartland of our Royal Family.Nassau.Add to that the immens attention and enthousiasm in Germany for the Investiture events of april 30th...They' all popped out of the woodwork!Thoudsands and thousands,and WA and Máxima took a spontaneaus bath in the audience shaking hands and let themselves be photographed with many people standing along..To TM a jolly & genuine fun moment,but to the people who were there a moment they will never forget.TM appeal soo much to others,the young vibrant and absolutely classy couple,the youngest Monarch in Europe,and the most gorgious Queen as they were dubbed in Germany.Fantastic promotion for not only the corporate world,as that was their main mission,but also for us,The Netherlands and the system of Monarchy.

Plus,we all see the change in performance and looks of Máxima as HM the Queen.While representing The Netherlands it is tip top all the way,hairdo,jewelry that sees the light of day again since long and make each appearance sparkle even more while others had thought these visits are as dry and colourless as they come...Nah...Not with Máxima,she is living proof of style,beauty and brains.To put it in German,die nachbarn waren föllig aus dem Hauschen!!...grin..Wonderfull,what a Blessing to have these two people as our King and Queen.

And thank you Stefan for sharing your own wonderfull pics with all of us here!!:flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom