Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, lets get this party started.

Due to people turning their dislike of the song into a personal attack on John Ewbanks, he has decided to withdraw the song.
I didn't like the song at all, and I will not miss it. But why attack and slander his person, wishing him all kinds of bad things? Ewbanks created loads of good songs too. And it's not as if he was the sole composer. There were 51 artists involved.

Please, is there already an Internet link to watch the live event next April 30???

the song is slightly awkward and a bit kitsch to be honest, although possibly it could be fixed by taking some bits out and changing the lyrics. despite that, it had a slightly patriotic feel to it, although i can't understand the lyrics, so i can't judge on the words, just the music itself. i am glad they decided to take it out if people don't like it. the dutch have always caracterised by being quite "people friendly" and enjoying royal parties (like koninginedag) with the dutch people in one big celebration.

Please, is there already an Internet link to watch the live event next April 30???

Please read post 406 above.:flowers:

Carlota,the song has been withdrawn by the composer this morning...So far so good...

Is it announced whose Liechtenstein and Monaco-Royals will attend the inauguration?

Is it announced whose Liechtenstein and Monaco-Royals will attend the inauguration?
I was just going to ask the exact same question, the thing that makes me wonder about Monaco is would it be Princess Caroline as usually the hereditary is the one that attends or would it be Albert and Charlene since they're prince and princess and not king and queen!

I was just going to ask the exact same question, the thing that makes me wonder about Monaco is would it be Princess Caroline as usually the hereditary is the one that attends or would it be Albert and Charlene since they're prince and princess and not king and queen!

Prince Albert II is still a Head of State so I don't think he'll be attending,if the Princely Family send a family representative my guess it will be Princess Caroline.

Due to all the ciritcism, the composer withdrew the King's song and the thing will not be played on 30 April. He wrote an open letter, explaining his decision.

Apparently over 40.000 people signed the online petition against the song.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/apr/22/dutch-revolt-against-song-new-king

---

Added: apparently that was yesterday's news.... the comitee has decided to keep the song.

Last edited:
I'm happy about all the royal representation there will be for the ceremony :)

to me, the fact that masako is coming means a lot on how WA+M are appreciated by their counterparts. it's masako's first trip abroad in 11 years that she's been dealing with depression, so obviously there must be a big friendhship between both couples for her to pull herself together and attend. just for info, masako and naruhito were in the netherlands holidaying with WA+Max in 2006:

In 2006, Queen Beatrix invited Naruhito, Masako and their daughter, Princess Aiko, to the Netherlands, where they spent two weeks at a retreat, in part to provide rest for Masako.
According to sources, Princess Maxima of the Netherlands contacted Masako directly to issue the invitation.
Masako is said to be keen to go so she can express her appreciation for the 2006 visit.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bd0bf2f5d7b15d48f65db1daa5de77cf/tumblr_mlgjnve0NL1r6jme9o1_500.png

Princess Masako set to make first official overseas trip in 11 years - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

I'm sure the fact that her father is nearby in Brussels had something to do with her accompanying the CP.

I'm sure the fact that her father is nearby in Brussels had something to do with her accompanying the CP.

Isnt he still a Justice with the International Court in The Hague?

The prince and princess met with 20 royalty reporters at theministery of the prime minister in The Hague to discuss the upcoming enthronement in an informal way.. Some info from RTL Boulevard:

Kings song: WA didn't give an opinion but he hopes that everybody willy sing along. He regretted the negativity.

Marc van der Linden says that he heard from a reliable source that Máxima will wear something with yellow and gold.

Somebody asked WA how impressed he was by the riots during the enthronement of his mother. He said that he did hear the helicopters that day but was not afraid, as they were prepared for it.

Máxima studied the paintings of previous enthronements with a magnifying glass to see how things were done for the previous kings.

Máxima didn't want to say where her parents would be during the event. But her family decided to be together that day to watch the event.

The throne that will be used for the enthronement is from Amsterdam, donated to Queen Wilhelmina. They won't use the seat of Claus and Beatrix as they were too small.

When asked what they would miss after the abdication, princess Maxima awnsered: my mother-in-law's company during state visits.

WA doesn't know yet when exactly they will move to Huis ten Bosch palace.

Last edited:
There is a documentary about Queen Beatrix titled "Traumfabrik Königshaus" (Dreamfactory Royalhouse) tonight in ZDF. As with all the ZDF/ARD-Documentaries there is the risk of it being bit cheesy :whistling:
Anyway, it starts at 20.15. And you can watch it live from website of ZDF.
Traumfabrik Königshaus - ZDF.de

Very nice that the prince and duchess are attending. The prince of Wales is supposed to be a friend of the Queen. It will be Camilla's first official visit to The Netherlands, and I think the first tme she attends a big royal event abroad. It will nice to see them with the other heirs.

Yes, it will be nice to see Charles & Camilla attend. I was wondering when we would see them attend an event with their royal counter parts. They don't seem to attend European royal events.

The prince and princess met with 20 royalty reporters at theministery of the prime minister in The Hague to discuss the upcoming enthronement in an informal way.. Some info from RTL Boulevard:

Kings song: WA didn't give an opinion but he hopes that everybody willy sing along. He regretted the negativity.

Marc van der Linden says that he heard from a reliable source that Máxima will wear something with yellow and gold.

Somebody asked WA how impressed he was by the riots during the enthronement of his mother. He said that he did hear the helicopters that day but was not afraid, as they were prepared for it.

Máxima studied the paintings of previous enthronements with a magnifying glass to see how things were done for the previous kings.

Máxima didn't want to say where her parents would be during the event. But her family decided to be together that day to watch the event.

The throne that will be used for the enthronement is from Amsterdam, donated to Queen Wilhelmina. They won't use the seat of Claus and Beatrix as they were too small.

When asked what they would miss after the abdication, princess Maxima awnsered: my mother-in-law's company during state visits.

WA doesn't know yet when exactly they will move to Huis ten Bosch palace.

Thanks so much for these pieces of information! The more I hear about the preparations and interesting facts, the more excited I'm getting! I suggested in another thread that Maxima could wear a gold dress and so i hope it's true - I think the colour would suit her very well!

I am partucularly excited that they will use the throne, rather than the seats as this will have a great visual impact!

Oh that's great news! The Dutch deserve such a high profile representation from Great Britain! This really is turning out to be the greatest royal event for a long time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid I'm not following well, which dinner will be white tie one and will include royals? the one on 29 or 30?

Oh that's great news! The Dutch deserve such a high profile representation from Great Britain! This really is turning out to be the greatest royal event for a long time!

After recent events in Boston, above all I hope it does not attract some lunatic.

Here are some speculations about Princess Maxima's outfits and who will design them, also some leaked information about the jewelry she'll wear

LINK

Deserve such high representation?It's not like we won a lottery or something,it's only natural the Heirs pop-up during these ceremonies.Nothing out of the ordinary or that special at all nor that GB is.All Monarchies are represented by their Heirs and spares & spouses.:)

Isnt he still a Justice with the International Court in The Hague?

Yes,CP Masako's parents live and work in The Hague since years as her dad is still a Judge there.:flowers:

Due to all the ciritcism, the composer withdrew the King's song and the thing will not be played on 30 April. He wrote an open letter, explaining his decision.

Apparently over 40.000 people signed the online petition against the song.

Dutch music lovers lead revolt against song to serenade new king | Music | guardian.co.uk

---

Added: apparently that was yesterday's news.... the comitee has decided to keep the song.

Yesterday yes,or how hypes almost rule...:whistling:
The song is back on again as the Committee decided it will be sung during the festivities.After all,the texts derived from what people send in,and Ewbank had to fix it...So,he knows what it's like to get flack most wellknown folks get on a daily basis almost....So,start learning the text Marengo...:lol:

When asked about it the Prince didn't go into the contents of the song...grin...but did ad that aside of the official Kings song he also had 6 or 7 alternative songs for the King for him now..."No other King can claim that!":D

Last edited by a moderator:
Deserve such high representation?It's not like we won a lottery or something,it's only natural the Heirs pop-up during these ceremonies.Nothing out of the ordinary or that special at all nor that GB is.All Monarchies are represented by their Heirs and spares & spouses.:)

Well, yes actually, whilst the context of what I said was a very English way of putting it, I do think this EVENT warrants the attendance of the British heir to the throne and for me that is rather out of the ordinary, bearing in mind I think it's the first major foreign royal event he and the Duchess of Cornwall have attended together as far as I remember. I believe the last time his schedule was free was at the Spanish royal wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom