The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Major Royal Events

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It seems like the Wessex's will be in Scotland and Windsor around the inauguration. I'm thinking Charles & Camilla will go or the Cambridge's.

I'm surprised no announcement has been made on which royals will go to represent The Queen. I guess one will come nearer the day.
We'll know the weekend before.

Meanwhile,Magna Plaza shopping Mall behind the Royal Palace has been dubbeb "Máxima Plaza"....grin

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1488166&flush=1

Old 04-09-2013, 05:27 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

In the new book 'Willem-Alexander van prins tot koning' som the people are interviewed about the future reign. Job Cohen, former mayor of Amsterdam, says that the international jetset life of the prince is a risk. The houses in Mozambique and Greece are mentioned as a sign that the prince's political antenna isn't too well developed. Cohen also mentions international jetset friends of whom we don't know too much. He says that it makes the new king vulnerable. Cohen also states that the prince is stuck in a paradox. On the one hand he needs to be 'normal', but on the other hand he can not be too average either.

CDA MP Madelaine van Toorenburg also warns also warns that the life style of the royal couple shouldnt be too lavish and that they should watch out for an image of beloning to the international jetset. 'Maxima who buys shoes in Milan and a house in Mozambique, the Netherlands isn't that flamboyant', she says in the Volkskrant.

Willem-Alexander en Máxima moeten opletten voor imago - Royalty Online - Royalty -

-------------
The RVD announced that the new King will keep on flying after the enthronement.
Willem-Alexander blijft als koning aan stuurknuppel - Royalty Online - Royalty -

--------------
The Jewish National Fund will start the 'Willem Alexander water project' in the Negev desert in Israel. They see it as the 'coronation of the beautiful tradition of the Dutch RF and Israel'.
Waterproject in woestijn 'cadeau' voor Willem-Alexander - Royalty Online - Royalty -

Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Courtier

German television will luckily broadcast:
ARD, 09.05- 11.00 Ein Prinz wird König
ARD, 13.00- 16.00
ARD, 18.50- 19.50
ZDF, 20.15- 21.00 Traumfabrik Königshaus
Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
The beautifull castle Duivenvoorde is open to the public again after a renovation and has an exhibition in the frame of the Enthronement on the Castles link with the Dutch Royal Family:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE
That link doesn't seem to be working so I'll repost it Lucien

PPE Agency
Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Administrator

I suppose that most links to the house of Orange would have been due to the Steengracht family that owned the castle from 1830-1912. The family supplied a lady-in-waiting to Queen Emma and several chamberlains to Kings Willem I, II and III. And the van Wassenaer family who owned the castle previously probably also were attached to the (stadholderly) court in The Hague.

------------

Mayor van der Laan of Amsterdam defended his decision that no protests along the route of the king & queen will be allowed. He said that the main consideration for him was the well being of the three princesses, who are 5, 7 and 9 years old. Apparently there are now 6 places in the city where people can demonstrate against the monarchy. I wonder how many people will actually show up, and how many of them will actually be Dutch (instead of the foreign & trained anarchists/ anti globalists/ anti everything people who mainly occupy the squater houses in Amsterdam these days.

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/224/B...30-april.dhtml

The cafe owners of Spui square are furious that their square has been selected for protesters, as they expect to lose a lot of income during the day.

http://www.horecavizier.nl/obj/regio...03435ER167/40/
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
That link doesn't seem to be working so I'll repost it Lucien

PPE Agency
Oh thanks An,sorry.

Tuesday morning saw Willem-Alexander and Máxima at the Nieuwe Kerk and they had talks with the man who will take care of the flower arrangements in the church on the 30th.I'm sure it will be beautifully done.It happens to be the same man who arranged the flowers at the Nieuwe Kerk in Delft at Queen Juliana's funeral.

Mayor van der Laan is right to defend that decision,allthough I think there still are Too many of these protest places (3),and I for one certainly will not have a repeat of 1980,as I would be very able and willing to take my bat and go to town...Honestly...

Instead of the Spui v/d L could have choosen for the Koningsplein like happened on 2.2.2.,it was easy it was compact and any **** was immediatly taken care of.It is all been done before so why re-invent the wheel other then to spruce up ones personal "oh gosh look at me"profile..Suppose the Luxembourg and Hoppe will go after the twits waving with their white handkerchiefs and scare them away....grin...When it hits their pockets,they become very inventive....grin...But I think the party-go-ers will just be all over town and the protesters,or what will be left of 'm,will take to their pubs and get "p-ed" there on the vinegar they spit.No-one really gives a whatever for 'm anyway.

Imagine,in three weeks it will be the day after already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
In the new book 'Willem-Alexander van prins tot koning' som the people are interviewed about the future reign. Job Cohen, former mayor of Amsterdam, says that the international jetset life of the prince is a risk. The houses in Mozambique and Greece are mentioned as a sign that the prince's political antenna isn't too well developed. Cohen also mentions international jetset friends of whom we don't know too much. He says that it makes the new king vulnerable. Cohen also states that the prince is stuck in a paradox. On the one hand he needs to be 'normal', but on the other hand he can not be too average either.

CDA MP Madelaine van Toorenburg also warns also warns that the life style of the royal couple shouldnt be too lavish and that they should watch out for an image of beloning to the international jetset. 'Maxima who buys shoes in Milan and a house in Mozambique, the Netherlands isn't that flamboyant', she says in the Volkskrant.

Willem-Alexander en Máxima moeten opletten voor imago - Royalty Online - Royalty -

-------------
The RVD announced that the new King will keep on flying after the enthronement.
Willem-Alexander blijft als koning aan stuurknuppel - Royalty Online - Royalty -

--------------
The Jewish National Fund will start the 'Willem Alexander water project' in the Negev desert in Israel. They see it as the 'coronation of the beautiful tradition of the Dutch RF and Israel'.
Waterproject in woestijn 'cadeau' voor Willem-Alexander - Royalty Online - Royalty -
Cohen really doesn't make much sense other taking back on old sores and bla bla anyone could think off..."The new King is vulnerable"...yeah,right...I think of all people Willem-Alexander knows that best,and after the letter 12 years ago and Mozambique he's the wiser all together.And what international jetset friends btw?He doesn't know a thing on that,nada...not that he travels around much himself so he wouldn't know what's it about anyway.People that fly more often then three times a year,is that what he means?Gosh..I'm one then..?..grin...The types..?Really...it is a far fetched term by a,oh well,...bit of sour looser...And Madeleine van T should stick to her work and get that done properly...Really,it's always amazing where they get these people from,what woodworks they've crawled from to get back for a split second of fame...a split second only,they're not worth much more then that really...The Netherlands isn't that flamboyant...really...but more so,It isn't as frugal as it was 60 years ago either...there's been a change in time over the decades,maybe van T political bloodgroup isn't aware of that....and Máxima buying shoes in Milano?So what?When on holiday nearby you might as well go for it and get some really niceand worthwhile stuff,after all,she will be the Queen,and they usually don't do C & A to represent the country...Not with a Fashion Thread on a forum like ours...LOL!!

On the flying...W-A has to in order not to lose his permit to be at the trottle of twin-engined jets so yes,he will remain a pilot flying the F-70's on scheduled KLM flights from time to time as he's been doing since years and years already.Listen well if you fly in one of them and you hear your captain speaking and introducing himself as "van Buren"...Then sing gawd save the King....LOL...Nah,he's a great pilot through and through,don't worry.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

------------

Mayor van der Laan of Amsterdam defended his decision that no protests along the route of the king & queen will be allowed. He said that the main consideration for him was the well being of the three princesses, who are 5, 7 and 9 years old. Apparently there are now 6 places in the city where people can demonstrate against the monarchy. I wonder how many people will actually show up, and how many of them will actually be Dutch (instead of the foreign & trained anarchists/ anti globalists/ anti everything people who mainly occupy the squater houses in Amsterdam these days.

'Vanwege prinsesjes geen protest langs de route van koninklijke familie op 30 april' - BINNENLAND - PAROOL

The cafe owners of Spui square are furious that their square has been selected for protesters, as they expect to lose a lot of income during the day.

Horecavizier | Horeca op Spui tegen betoging
Proestors

Are the expecting many,I really not!

Pity I cannot make it there for April 30th,but due my mother falling and breaking her ankle I'm not able to go.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Proestors

Are the expecting many,I really not!

Pity I cannot make it there for April 30th,but due my mother falling and breaking her ankle I'm not able to go.
Sorry to hear about your mother An!!I hope she has a speedy recovery!

No,won't be much,just the republican movement says it will protest waving white handkerchiefs...if that's all there is to it,hhmm...and they've grown to a staggering 2000 in 50 years time (!!!)...,so heck yeah...really worrying.....it's just they're a nuisance and me strongly dislike...as you might have figured.......And the owners of pubs and other happy venues won't like to have these salon nitwits in front of their etablissements..nor do they make any sense..After they've cleared the hot patatoes from their throats and seen a bit of whine they become regular silly bats ready for the asylum...Never heard one uttering one sensible syllable after another...never...Don't worry...

Meanwhile,memorabiliawise...

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page...22992766&pos=1

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page...22992549&pos=1

The Regalia

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1492017

And the exhibition with photos of the Royal Family by dear Robin Utrecht at Soestdijk Palace will open today too!!

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1490893&flush=1

And ofcourse the updates from the Royal Palace,Amsterdam:

en | Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam

New distinctive especially designed for the Enthronement of HM King Willem-Alexander and worn by him on april 30th.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1493715

courtesy anp
Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Administrator

The prince of Orange met with the prime minister today, in the 'Torentje' in The Hague. They met for 1 1/2 hrs to discuss the inhauguration. The RVD released a photo:

Kroonprins en premier bespreken inhuldiging - Nieuws | Altijd op de hoogte van het laatste nieuws met Telegraaf.nl [Troonswisseling]
Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
New distinctive especially designed for the Enthronement of HM King Willem-Alexander and worn by him on april 30th.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1493715

courtesy anp
I saw those earlier,I really like the detail on them!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Administrator

What exactly is a distinctive? It has to be worn on a uniform I guess, but what is the meaning/use of it?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What exactly is a distinctive? It has to be worn on a uniform I guess, but what is the meaning/use of it?
I found this on them,mind you it has to do with the US army ones but I now get the gist of them.As the son,grandson and greatgrandson of proud army men I should have already known!!

Distinctive unit insignia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to many spanish newspapers, sources from Casa Real have told that the princes of Asturias will attend at the ceremonies.
Los Príncipes de Asturias asistirán a la coronación de Guillermo de Holanda - elConfidencial.com
Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
This distinctive has the Sword of State,Scepter and Orb in it as to refer to his role,to emphasize he is the King and the Highest in Rank,even though not in active service ofcourse.

On occasion of the upcoming events the Royal House website has launched an on-line exhibition on previous Enthronement ceremonies:

Troonswisseling - Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
According to many spanish newspapers, sources from Casa Real have told that the princes of Asturias will attend at the ceremonies.
Los Príncipes de Asturias asistirán a la coronación de Guillermo de Holanda - elConfidencial.com
Thats good news,they don't normally official announce their plans until a week before hand,so we'll have to wait and see if they were rightly informed.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 AM
Administrator

There will be a special coronation mass on April 28th at the St. Nicholas Basilica in Amsterdam. The mass will be attended by Martine van Loon-Labouchere (grand mistress of the court). Other members of the court, politicians, militairy representatives etc. will also attend the mass. The Vatican will be represented by their abassador, the apostolic nuncio monseigneur A. Dupuy. The service will be led by the Bisshop of Haarlem-Amsterdam Mgr. Jos Punt.

The mass will be broadcasted live on Nederland 2 at 10:10 AM

Bisdom Haarlem-Amsterdam - Nieuws
Old 04-12-2013, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
There will be a special coronation mass on April 28th at the St. Nicholas Basilica in Amsterdam. The mass will be attended by Martine van loon-Labouchere (grand mistress of the court). Other members of the court, politicians, militairy representatives etc. will also attend the mass. The Vatican will be represented by their abassador, the apostolic nuncio monseigneur A. Dupuy. The service will be led by the Bisshop of Haarlem-Amsterdam Mgr. Jos Punt.

The mass will be broadcasted live on Nederland 2 at 10:10 AM

Bisdom Haarlem-Amsterdam - Nieuws
What a beautiful setting,such an imposing landmark building in Amsterdam and I even attended a Mass (in Spanish) there some years back!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Most catholic churches in the north have been built after 1853, during the catholic emancipation, which resulted in a lot of neo-gothic/ neo-baroque churches, a style that I don't particulary care for. Before that, catholics were allowed to practise their religion, as long as it wouldn't be too obvious, which resulted in for example this church: Our Lord on the Attic: Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. A church in a canal house in Amsterdam.

At the time there was quite some criticism on the 'catholic' entry of Amsterdam as the central station resembled a catholic building too, or so some protestants at the time thought, as does the Rijksmuseum (both buildings designed by the catholic Pierre Cuypers). Quite fitting though, as Amsterdam always had a large catholic community, the largest religion of the city (as the protestants were always devided in reformed/lutheran/baptist/Dutch reformed etc.).

At the moment five different parishes use the basilica, but the busiest mass is usually the one in Spanish, due to the Latin American expat community probably.

------
Some news items from the Dutch media about the inauguration:

----

Choreographer Hans van Manen will direct the choreography that two dancers will perform on a panton in the IJ during the festivities there after the inhauguration. The dancers will be selected from the national ballet, they will dance on music by Eric Satie.

The national Opera will perform on the square of the Eye film institute. They will play L’Amour des Trois Oranges by Sergej Prokofjev. The opera is about a prince who becomes a king, so very fitting.

Gratis Nieuws - Nederlands Dagblad

Two hundred, mostly traditional, vessels will participate during the event. On the Java island DJ Armin van Buuren will perform with the royal concertgebouw orchestra. At the end of the celebration 150.000 orange balloons will be released in the sky.

All in all not too bad, no toe-curving performances by Dutch B-pop artists are announced yet. So let's count our blessings while we can.

------------

From April 22nd there will be a photo exposition of Queen Beatrix in the building of the European parlament in Brussels:
http://www.refdag.nl/achtergrond/kon...ement_1_730175

----------------------

A funny story from the Reformatorisch Dagblad: The chairman of the Orange foundation in the town of Urk (Flevoland), declined an invitation to the ceremony. He says that he doesn't own a suit and doesn't want to buy one either. He also adds that the ceremony will last for four hours, and he doesn't know if he can sit still for that amount of time... and adds that he wouldn't know what to do if he needed to go to the toilet during the ceremony:

http://www.refdag.nl/achtergrond/kon..._nood_1_730375

-------------
yesterday mayor van der Laan announced that 10.000 police(wo)men will be present in Amsterdam on April 30th. There will be extra security easures around the Amstel hotel and the Okura hotel, where the foreign royal guests will be staying.

10.000 agenten ingezet voor inhuldiging Willem-Alexander - BINNENLAND - PAROOL

---------------

According to Radio DJ Gerard Ekdom, who attended the special lunch in Noordeinde palace yesterday, the prince said that his mother already told him about her abdication plans 1 1/2 years ago.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/12364...1-5-jaar.dhtml

-----------
The commander of the Dutch Armed Forces, Tom Middendorp, will carry the state sword during the inauguration. This means that he will lead the king's procession from the palace to the new church. The state banner will be carried by Ton van Ede, Inspector-General of the Armed Forces:

Nieuws.nl - Legerchef Middendorp draagt rijkszwaard

I wonder who will actually announce the arrival of the king in the church. For Beatrix it was done by Erik Hazelhoff-Roelfzema aka 'soldier of Orange'. I suppose under normal circumstances Marco Kroon, the newest knight of the Militairy Willems order would be the obvious choice. Were it not that he was accused of the use of cocaine not too long ago. Even though he is acquitted from the drugs charges, he was sentenced a E. 750,- fine and a conditional 80 hours of community service for possession and provision of electroshock weapons. I can imagine that they will decide to ask somebody else.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Royal Highness

I hope Maxima and WA dress the girls diferently either for the balcony appearance or the Investure Ceremony, but something tells me that my wish will not come true and that the girls will go with the same dresses.

Nice to see the rumours that Letizia and Felipe will attend, I was afraid that because of all the dificult situation the Spanish Royal Family is facing now, they would not send anyone to represent their country. I guess that all the Crown Princely couples that were invited to go to The Netherlands to be with Maxima and WA before will definately attend April 30th.

As for attendies, Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla will probably attend, but since he went to Beatrix's Investure, he might let the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend (now that I would die with extreme happiness).
As for outside Europe, I think Crown Prince Naruhito might attend as he is a friend of WA and he's also an heir, I really hope Crown Princess Masako will attend as well (but I can't get my hopes up, seriously William and Catherine has higher chances to attend than Masako has, unfortunately). I would be so happy if other heirs came, such as Crown Prince of Thailand and Princess Srirasmi, Crown Prince Billah of Brunei and Princess Sarah, Crown Prince Hamdam of Dubai, Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco and her son Crown Prince Moulay Hassan, Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan, etc...
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Majesty

The date was just released for the grand farewell event in honour of HM Queen Beatrix,it will be Rotterdam,we knew that,but on september 14th.

The festivities will start in the end of the afternoon,water will play a large role,this part will be organised by the City of Rotterdam... and then in the evening a grand party with music,dance and performances will be held at the AHOY Complex,organised by the National Inauguration Committee.

Tags
abdication, crown prince willem-alexander, enthronement, king willem-alexander, prince of orange, prince willem-alexander, queen beatrix