The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Abdication & Inauguration 2013

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

I expect it to be released on the day itself, or maybe a day early. More then likely though, I expect it to be on the calenders of the foreign Royal families, as it's probably seen as an official event for them.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Beatrix is hosting a dinner at the Rijksmuseum the evening of the 29th for the foreign royals. Probably a black tie event though.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Beatrix is hosting a dinner at the Rijksmuseum the evening of the 29th for the foreign royals. Probably a black tie event though.
The most wonderfull venue imaginable NG,after a TEN ( 10)- year restauration the Museum will be officially opened by HM on april 13th!

but first there's the housewarming party on the 7th...hehe...

B & B...=....Badges & Beer

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
I expect it to be released on the day itself, or maybe a day early. More then likely though, I expect it to be on the calenders of the foreign Royal families, as it's probably seen as an official event for them.
A bit off topic but it does now look like Charles and Camilla will represent Britain during the Inauguration ceremony.
The Earl of Wessex, the Princess Royal and the Duke of Gloucester all have official engagements on the day. So unless Sophie or the Duke of Kent go alone or we have a surprise appearance from the Cambridges or Harry, it has to be the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
A bit off topic but it does now look like Charles and Camilla will represent Britain during the Inauguration ceremony.
The Earl of Wessex, the Princess Royal and the Duke of Gloucester all have official engagements on the day. So unless Sophie or the Duke of Kent go alone or we have a surprise appearance from the Cambridges or Harry, it has to be the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Charles was here in 1980 too...and he's still an Heir,so yes,quite possible.
We'll see.

Newest idea that popped-up is for the nation to dance the tango as a tribute to Queen Máxima on april 30th!Out in the streets,fields,villages,cities,pubs,bars,al fresco terraces..everywhere..grin..
Old 03-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Newest idea that popped-up is for the nation to dance the tango as a tribute to Queen Máxima on april 30th!Out in the streets,fields,villages,cities,pubs,bars,al fresco terraces..everywhere..grin..
Hmm . . . . . free tango lessons between then and now I presume. That and a crash course updating physiotherapists and orthopaedic surgeons . . .
Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Hmm . . . . . free tango lessons between then and now I presume. That and a crash course updating physiotherapists and orthopaedic surgeons . . .
Well...we'll have to keep the "shop" busy don't we...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So far 4000 secundary schools representing 800.000 children signed in for the Kings Games on april 26th the kick-off of which will be by Willem Alexander and Máxima.Still time till next week to register for all other schools...and why not...why would they deprive the kids from a day of sports and fun starting with a free breakfast at all schools..
Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I see that the new King & Queen will be off for a tour of the islands Nov 14-24th. That will give them some nice warm weather before returning for the onset of winter in Europe. Pity the DRF never acquired a holiday home in their overseas territories.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:39 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, can't blame them for that. It is nice enough for a few days of leisure, but after a while it gets suffocating. There isn't much to see and there isn't much to do apart from sunbathing. Even finding a restaurant is difficult.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

The new King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will visit Luxembourg on 24 May, Germany from June 3 till 6 and Belgium after the summer.

Koning en Koningin bezoeken Luxemburg en Duitsland - Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Administrator

That's great news. Considering Queen to Beatrix paid a state visit all these countries very recently, I can understand why they make 'just' an introduction visit. I hope they will visit the UK soon too.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Beatrix doll

PPE Agency
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
There is an incoming state visit from the UAE to the UK on 30 April / 1 May. Query whether that means that C&C will not attend the Dutch enthronement, but perhaps Andrew might.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen is specifically hosting the State Event at Windsor and not BP. I think, it being a two day visit, means Camilla and Charles may have agreed to go to The Netherlands.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, can't blame them for that. It is nice enough for a few days of leisure, but after a while it gets suffocating. There isn't much to see and there isn't much to do apart from sunbathing. Even finding a restaurant is difficult.
And diving!!!!!Restaurants are all over the place...or dine with locals...Cabrito and Leguaan...
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Queen is specifically hosting the State Event at Windsor and not BP. I think, it being a two day visit, means Camilla and Charles may have agreed to go to The Netherlands.
I hope that you are right.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Majesty

Meanwhile the choirs for the Enthronement ceremony has been choosen,one of them a childrens choir...kids with impossible R's too..

As well as the Sinfonietta Ensemble.Wonderfull choice!

Some more paraphernalia related to the forthcoming Enthronement,by Royal Leerdam Chrystal"

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...2013%20Leerdam
Old 03-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Abdication and Investiture souvenirs from Hola.com

Bufandas, tazas, cojines, fundas para el móvil... Los 'souvenirs' de la coronación de Guillermo y Máxima de Holanda
Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder who will represent each royal family? Will it be the CP's or the actual Kings & Queens.. Will it be Edward/Sophie or Charles/Camilla?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I wonder who will represent each royal family? Will it be the CP's or the actual Kings & Queens.. Will it be Edward/Sophie or Charles/Camilla?
No reigning monarchs for sure. I think mostly the CP's, hopefully Caroline for Monaco (wouldn't know who else they can send). And I personally hope for the earl and countess of Wessex, though this is not likely as the earl has another engagement. I am wondering if Liechtenstein will send the regent Alois or somebody else. During the inhauguration of the pope they were treated as the reigning couple.

I wonder if they will also invite guests from the UAE and the Gulf states. Upto now I can only remember Moroccan and Jordanian royalty at Dutch events, but not anybody representing other arab states.

Tags
abdication, crown prince willem-alexander, enthronement, king willem-alexander, prince of orange, prince willem-alexander, queen beatrix