Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it known how the new Dutch Euro Cent will look like? ;)

I think they haven't shown the design yet. The newspapers said it would be presented after the abdication. They did make a special edition 2-euros coin with both Beatrix and WA. They did the same on the 2 1/2 guilder coin for Beatrix and Juliana.

WA & Beatrix: http://www.knm.nl/CmsData/FCKUploads/image/dubbelportret-groot.jpg

Beatrix & Juliana: http://www.herdenkingsmunt.nl/CmsData/FCKUploads/image/dubbelkop.jpg

I hope they announce the guestlist soon, can't wait anymore. I guess I'm too impatient now, but its mostly because its kinda "killing" me for not knowing who will attend and making constant guesses. They could end this torture now. Please...Only 2 weeks left...

I suppose that she will be referred to as Queen Beatrix only after her death again, so let's hope that we can enjoy Princess Beatrix as long as possible.

---

The New Republican society started an initiative to collect 40.000 signatures to start a debate in parlament about the salary of the new king. If a çitizens initiative has 40.000 signatures, parlament will need to discuss the matter there.

They compare the salary of the queen at present (€ 825.000,-) to the salaries of president Obama ($ 400.000,-), bundespresident Gauck (€ 199.000,-) and king Juan Carlos (€ 150.000,-) and add that all three of them do pay tax while the Dutch monarch does not.

Republikeinen willen debat over salaris koning - Binnenland - VK

Will 'Princess Beatrix' get an allowance after she abdicates? If so does anyone know how much?

She will receive € 1.288.730,-. Of this part € 431.794,- will be for private use, the rest for staff and other material costs.

Will 'Princess Beatrix' get an allowance after she abdicates? If so does anyone know how much?

Yes thats a very good question and I was wondering about that also,thanks to Marengo for answering this above .

Yes thats a very good question and I was wondering about that also,thanks to Marengo for answering this above .

Yes she will.In fact both TM and the former Monarch will get an allowance.
The next who will get an allowance once she will reach the age of 18 is
Princess Amalia,as of april 30th HRH The Princess of Orange.And only them.

Meanwhile it was announced that Dutch astronaut André Kuijpers will be one of the two Herauts der Wapenen and as such he will accompany the King to the Nieuwe Kerk,and immediatly after the Oath and the swearing in by the Members of Parliament will proclaim;"De Koning is ingehuldigd" iow;"The King is Inaugurated".

One of two Koningen der Wapenen,or Herauten, as the other will be General Peter van Uhm,former Commander of the Forces and Adjutant Extraordinair to HM The Queen.The day after Peter van Uhm became Commander of the Forces his son Dennis was killed in Afghanistan,so joy turned into mourning yet he remained staidfast.An extraordinary man indeed,and not without reason HM choose him as her Adjutant and that the new Monarch also chooses to honour him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know, why not monarchs but heirs are attending the inauguration?

:flowers:
Does anyone know, why not monarchs but heirs are attending the inauguration?

As was explained several times already,but pages multiply so easily and fast & nothing that was written before is read again.....grin...the reason for this is that New Monarchs first have to visit their longer Reigning "Collegues",thus the Heirs & spares and their spouses or specific other are invited instead,always.:flowers:

The Koningstientje,the new 10 Euro Kings Coin:

PPE Agency

And ofcourse the worthwhile exhibition at the Prinsenhof,Delft,the last Residence of the Patriae Patria,Prince Willem I of Orange Nassau,and venue of his murder by order of the mental Philip II of Spain.

"From Willem to Willem"

PPE Agency

And more:As I said,the Prinsenhof is the venue for the murder of prince Willem I,The Taciturn,the holes in the wall are the proof of the murder:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

Oh nice!Press Agencies and VorstenRoyale report that TIH Crown Prince Naruhito and Crowen Princess Masako will be in attendance!That would indeed be marvellous for Princess Masako!..if the IHA lets her...Her parents will be in attendance as well as her father works in The Hagueas a judge for the ICC

Last edited by a moderator:
The NOS also reports that Naruhito ánd Masako will attend. So that is something to look forward to. Their source is 'various Japanese media'.

I expected that they would send prince Akishino and his wife. He has been here several times and is the honorairy chairman of the Japan-Netherlands society.

Edit: ANP mentions th television station NHK as source. The tv station says that in Amsterdam it will be decided which function she feels well enough to attend.

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/4492/Nede...apanse-kroonprinses-komt-naar-Amsterdam.dhtml

I believe that princess Masako was also supposed to attend the Stockholm wedding (she was on the official guest list that was published a few days before), but in the end she was unable to and her husband went alone to Sweden.

Last edited:
Please, is already available the TV link to watch the live broadcast of the inauguration next April 30 ??

And ofcourse the worthwhile exhibition at the Prinsenhof,Delft,the last Residence of the Patriae Patria,Prince Willem I of Orange Nassau,and venue of his murder by order of the mental Philip II of Spain.

"From Willem to Willem"

PPE Agency

And more:As I said,the Prinsenhof is the venue for the murder of prince Willem I,The Taciturn,the holes in the wall are the proof of the murder:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

Now that's an exhibition I'd really like to see!

Here's a bit more on it

William to William - This is the official site of the city of Delft for residents, tourists and business.

The "Confirmed Guests" thread is closed, so I put this info here:
It is now confirmed that the CP couple of Denmark will attend 29-30 April.

Oh nice!Press Agencies and VorstenRoyale report that TIH Crown Prince Naruhito and Crowen Princess Masako will be in attendance!That would indeed be marvellous for Princess Masako!..if the IHA lets her...Her parents will be in attendance as well as her father works in The Hagueas a judge for the ICC

I hope Princess Masako will be able to come and attend the cerimonies. I think it would do her immensely good.

So of all the European royal families we only don't know yet if the British and the Luxembourgs are coming?

Does anyone know if the princely families of Monaco and Liechtenstein will be represented?
Was Monaco represented in 1980?

So of all the European royal families we only don't know yet if the British and the Luxembourgs are coming?

Does anyone know if the princely families of Monaco and Liechtenstein will be represented?
Was Monaco represented in 1980?

No,there wasn't any representation from there,from Monaco,the children were too small to come and ofcourse Rainier and Gracia Patricia were Reigning and thus not invited so Monaco was represented by a Consul-General at most,From Liechtenstein I'm not sure if Hans-Adam was there at the time.They always were a bit under the royal radar at the time...:)

But Alois could be in attendance this time, yes.

And Wyevale,no,it isn't known yet no who will represent the UK.

Last edited:
I understand that TRH the Earl and Countess of Wessex will not be attending . Is it known yet, who will be representing the United Kingdom ?

I understand that TRH the Earl and Countess of Wessex will not be attending . Is it known yet, who will be representing the United Kingdom ?

There has been no announcement made yet.

Cute!...:D

More info :

There will be 18 hours of non-stop TV coverage and 27 non-stop hours of radio reports on every detail of the day.

NOS Ned1 will air from 09.00AM till 23.00PM on the day.

Dutch NOS TV will build a TV compound/village on the Nieuwerzijds Voorburgwal,behind the Palace for the biggest live TV broadcast in decades.

There will be 24 camera's in the Church alone so everything can be seen from every angle,also there will be a what they call railcam,it hangs right under the roof and gives the most magnificent overall view of the ceremonies.Outside on the Dam Square there's a cable cam hanging on a 300 meter long cable for excellent views no doubt of the Balcony appearance by TM and the three Princesses.

1000 Journalist from all over the globe will cover all festivities,plus 50 TV stations,from the US to Japan will cover most if not all of the Abdication and Enthronement,iow,there will be worldwide coverage.More tryed to get a post but due to the lack of space they couldn't be placed.

As much links as possible will be posted here for all of you to watch the 2nd most ceremonial and impressive change from Monarch to Monarch,after the UK...But not least impressive really,in fact,without being biased...I like ours more..:whistling::lol:

Last edited:
. . . As much links as possible will be posted here for all of you to watch the 2nd most ceremonial and impressive change from Monarch to Monarch,after the UK...But not least impressive really,in fact,without being biased...I like ours more..:whistling::lol:
Well of course you do. From what I have seen of the history, it is packed with symbolism and ceremony and, Let us not forget, You are a loyal subject and, let's face it, it doesn't look like we are going to be able to compare the modern version of the other any time too soon. :flowers: :whistling:

LOTS or criticism on the 'Koningslied' (King's song) which was presented this morning.

Het Koningslied - John Ewbank - YouTube

Infantile, old fashioned, retarded, horrible, a torture etc. are the comments and the song contains a number of language mistakes too ('als je ooit je weg verliest'...!!!). Sylvia Witteman started a petition against the song, saying that this song makes her want to resign as a Dutch citizen:
Nee tegen het koningslied - Petitions24.com
The song quickly disappeared on youtube as many people rapported the song as abuse.

If the goal is to 'unite' us, I think they achieved their goal.... I still need to see the first positive comment on the song .

The song will be played in Ahoy, Rotterdam on 30 April, and the idea is that there will be a live connection to village squares all over the country where people will sing along.

Satirical magazine 'De Speld' has various satirical articles on this song, with headlines like: 'Netherlands hit my musical attack', 'Queen visits victims of King's song' and 'The Netherlands United in blind hate against King's song'. According to them the AIVD is looking for a certain John E.

And on twitter some tweets like: 'North Korea threatens to use the King's song, international tension increases' .

http://www.speld.nl/2013/04/19/nederland-getroffen-door-muzikale-aanslag/

On facebook there is a new page 'sorry voor het Koningslied' (sorry for the king's song) https://www.facebook.com/Sorryvoorhetkoningslied.

--
RTL Boulevard also made a song, 'Koningin van alle mensen' (Queen of all people), as a tribute to Queen Beatrix. The proceeds of this song will be donated to the 'Beatrix spierfonds' (fund dedicated to muscle diseases). They used an existing melody though:

KONINGIN VAN ALLE MENSEN GRADED SD-x264 MOV 1280x720 16x9z - YouTube

---------
Andre Rieu also composed something, a sort of waltz that consists of melodies from various traditional Dutch songs. He named it 'coronation waltz' and I assume that will be played at the museumplein. No idea why he uses Scottish pipers and the Auld Lang Syne though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DahsbFHWtT0

-------

More music news: Herman van Veen composed/wrote a song that will actually be sung in the Nieuwe Kerk, by the Nieuw Amsterdams Kinderkoor (children's choir). Fred de Graaf says that apart from this song, the other music will be classical...thankfully. I believe that for Beatrix' inauguration they performed (parts of) Mozarts coronation mass before the ceremony started.
Van Veen schrijft lied inhuldiging - NOS Nieuws)

I wonder if WA will exit the church on religious hymn like his grandmother (De Heer is Mijn Herder) and mother (Wat de Toekomst Brenge Moge) did.

----

Due to stricter safety regulations the New Church will only have place for 2400 people (2045 as guests), approx. 1000 less than at the previous inauguration.

Last edited:
:flowers:

As was explained several times already,but pages multiply so easily and fast & nothing that was written before is read again.....grin...the reason for this is that New Monarchs first have to visit their longer Reigning "Collegues",thus the Heirs & spares and their spouses or specific other are invited instead,always.:flowers:

That only happens with Inaugurations, or with Coronations too?

I believe the same is the custom for British coronations. It was considered a break with tradition when Queen Mary and Queen Maud of Norway attended the coronation of George VI. Likewise Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother, attended the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. Queen Sālote Tupou III of Tonga also attended this coronation.
In the Netherlands an exception has been made in 1948, when Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians attended the inauguration of Queen Juliana.

Last edited:
Mary and Frederik will attend:
Kronprinsparret deltager i tronoverdragelse i Amsterdam den 29.-30. april. - Kongehuset

Can anyone tell me which tv channel the inaguration will be on, is it possible to wiew it online somewhere? I'm not sure Danish television will report from the event, other then a very small recap in the news.

Start here and nearer the actual date more links become availeble.
There is a crew from Denmark btw.:)

NOS - Koningshuis

Orange means so much more then the name of our Royal House,Oranje/Orange means footbaal,party,anything that needs celebrating in a positve atmosphere...and even though they don't always appear on scheduled times,they know when to get their colour right...Dutch Railways,NS,has it's " Koningstrein"..Kings Train for all to travel in.Instead of from taking you from A to B...It takes you from B to A...funny...

As has Amsterdam public transport GVB with a Kroningstram,a beautifull painted tram as if ones rides in a royal coach,Royal Mantle painted all over the tram and painted curtains...

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=18-04-2013%20NS

Last edited:
Has the Imperial Household Agency confirmed that the Crown Princely couple will attend the Inauguration? I'm eager to see Crown Princess Masako!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom