Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Balcony Appearance: April 30, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, Maxima is wearing NATAN.

Yes she is but surprisingly its a nice outfit.
The little girls look lovely in the yellow outfit but pity they are in the same outfit.

That is one huge crown ready to say bye to QB and welcome their new King & Queen.

Oh how sad! But long live the King.

Gosh, I was in tears!
What a beautifully conducted ceremony! All the states-ministers looked wonderfully smart and formal and the royal family looked so regal! It was wonderful to see Margriet, Irene and Christina there too. And of-course, the Princess of Orange with her sisters were so lovely and very well behaved!!
Long Live King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima!!
Long Live Princess Beatrix!!
Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah!!!

Dam Square is more like Orange Square :dutchstandard::luxstandard:

They are on the balcony now.

Lovely balcony appearance of the 3 of them.
Maxima looks like she is holding back tears.

They look very emitional and Beatrix looks so proud.

Long live the new king and queen, the new princess of orange and the new princess Beatrix!

Don't they look wonderful on the balcony!

Lovely balcony appearance of the 3 of them.
Maxima looks like she is holding back tears.

So did Beatrix,I thought she was going to break down at several stages.

very special, historical and emotional moments

They are such a beautiful and close family. Very nice to see history unfolding right before your eyes.

Last edited:
I also can't wait to see the other royal invitees recognizing the new king and queen with the best of bows and curtsies, later in the reception for the foreign dignitaries :)

What do the other royals in this time? Are they in the hotels or have other program, or they are also in the palace in other room?

I also can't wait to see the other royal invitees recognizing the new king and queen with the best of bows and curtsies, later in the reception for the foreign dignitaries :)

Yes but must feel weird. Especially as many of the Crown Prince/sses are close friends/friends and suddenly the have to bow & curtsies.

The new King & Queen with Princess B

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Last edited:
First official portraits of the new King and Queen:

They look nice and regal! But... I hope this doesn't indicate that Maxima will wear this clothes at the Investiture. If she isn't, then I assume she won't wear this tiara as well.
Now we only have 2 choices remaining, the Stuart Tiara and the Huge Sapphire Tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom