Abdication Beatrix & Inauguration Willem-Alexander: Where to Watch Live (TV & Online)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Abdication Beatrix & Inauguration Willem-Alexander: Where to Watch Live (TV & Online)

Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

Where to watch the abdication & inauguration live

For ease of reference, the abdication of Queen Beatrix and the inauguration of King Willem-Alexander can be watched at the following tv stations and links:

Last edited:
:dutchflag: Netherlands:
Nederland 1: 09:00-23:00
RTL: 20:30-22:00
BVN: 10:00-23:00

:belgiumflag: Belgium:
VRT Eén: 10:00-11:00 and 13:00-16:00
VTM: 10:00-11:15 and 13:00-16:00

:germanyflag: Germany:
ARD: 9:00 -11:00 and 13:00-16:00 and 18:50-19:50
ZDF: summary in the evening

:daneflag: Denmark:
TV2: 10:00-11:00 and 13:00-17:00

:norwayflag: Norway:
NRK1: 09.55-11:00 and 14:30-16:00

:austriaflag: Austria:
ORF2: 09:05-13:00 and 13:15-17:00

Online:

NOS Koningshuis - YouTube
NOS Dossier - Livestream - NOS Afscheid van koningin Beatrix

Last edited:
:germanyflag: Germany:
ARD:
ZDF:

ARD will broadcast from 9h00 -11h00 and from 13h00-16h00 and again from 18h50-19h50

ZDF will not broadcast live but have a summary in the evening.

I hope I'll have access online from Malta. I had trouble with Guillaume & Stephanie's royal wedding last year.

Thanks for the info.

This last "royal" speech of Beatrix was very emotional.

Can somebody translate the speech? I am dying to hear what she said.

Thank you! Of course that helps. :)

Unfortunately, British Television as usual will not be showing anything live. They apparently believe that people in the so called United Kingdom are only interested in the British royal family and don't care about other royals. How wrong they are, most of us care more about foreign royalty than we do about the Windsors.

Iain:
I agree with you even the Americans and other countries are interested in the events of the monarchy of some countries. The Dutch had jurisdiction of many countries before the British. The sponsors of the TV Co. are missing a lot.

Unfortunately, British Television as usual will not be showing anything live. They apparently believe that people in the so called United Kingdom are only interested in the British royal family and don't care about other royals. How wrong they are, most of us care more about foreign royalty than we do about the Windsors.

I was hoping that the presence of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall would be enough of an incentive for British TV to cover this event...but I guess they would have only reconsidered for William and Kate. :ermm:

I think if you went to your local pub and took a poll you would find out how very wrong you are. Even if you brought pictures I doubt too many people could tell you who the continental royals are.

Here on this side of the pond, if it isn't the British royals, the reaction is "who?"

Does anyone know where to watch in the US?

I think the British media have a difficult task enough managing to cover British royalty properly, let alone having a clue what happens outside the country! As a nation, the Netherlands has a national party at least once a year for Queensday/Kingsday - and it is a proper party, whilst we only have a royal wedding/jubilee every 10 years if we're lucky, so the national interest in these things and party spirit wains very quickly if it can be mustered at all! Last year was amazing with the Diamond Jubilee and Olympics, but alas, we are back to our miserable, disinterested selves LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom