The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Major Royal Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

Here's the thread for her farewell speech:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1545113

Old 04-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Nobility

Unfortunately, British Television as usual will not be showing anything live. They apparently believe that people in the so called United Kingdom are only interested in the British royal family and don't care about other royals. How wrong they are, most of us care more about foreign royalty than we do about the Windsors.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Aristocracy

Iain:
I agree with you even the Americans and other countries are interested in the events of the monarchy of some countries. The Dutch had jurisdiction of many countries before the British. The sponsors of the TV Co. are missing a lot.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain View Post
Unfortunately, British Television as usual will not be showing anything live. They apparently believe that people in the so called United Kingdom are only interested in the British royal family and don't care about other royals. How wrong they are, most of us care more about foreign royalty than we do about the Windsors.
I was hoping that the presence of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall would be enough of an incentive for British TV to cover this event...but I guess they would have only reconsidered for William and Kate.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think if you went to your local pub and took a poll you would find out how very wrong you are. Even if you brought pictures I doubt too many people could tell you who the continental royals are.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Here on this side of the pond, if it isn't the British royals, the reaction is "who?"
Old 04-30-2013, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know where to watch in the US?
Old 04-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
Does anyone know where to watch in the US?
For all too far away from us here in The Netherlands this link will work best overall...I hope:

NOS Koningshuis - YouTube

Enjoy!!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:44 AM
Serene Highness

ARD (german) livestream, from 9:00:
DasErste Livestream - Erstes Deutsches Fernsehen [ARD] - Live
Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think the British media have a difficult task enough managing to cover British royalty properly, let alone having a clue what happens outside the country! As a nation, the Netherlands has a national party at least once a year for Queensday/Kingsday - and it is a proper party, whilst we only have a royal wedding/jubilee every 10 years if we're lucky, so the national interest in these things and party spirit wains very quickly if it can be mustered at all! Last year was amazing with the Diamond Jubilee and Olympics, but alas, we are back to our miserable, disinterested selves LOL!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:48 AM
Majesty

Where to Watch the Abdication and Investiture. (VIDEOS):
Where to Watch the Abdication and Investiture. (VIDEOS) | The Royal Correspondent

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-30-2013, 03:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I think if you went to your local pub and took a poll you would find out how very wrong you are. Even if you brought pictures I doubt too many people could tell you who the continental royals are.

Actually, you would be surprised at how popular the Dutch royal family are in Scotland. It stems from when Queen Wilhelmina spend some time staying here during the war. She was so popular that ladies called Williamina changed the spelling of their name to Wilhelmina. A few years ago Queen Beatrix visited a housing scheme in Glasgow and more people turned out to see her than had for Queen Elizabeth the year before. I also remember being on a bus in Edinburgh and the traffic was held up for some time. People were getting annoyed at the delay especially after the driver said that it was due to a royal visit. A few minutes later there was a message came through the drivers radio and he shouted "it's the Queen of the Netherlands" at which everybody calmed down and one lady piped up "oh that's all right then, I thought it was one of that lot from London." I also found out from a historian that before the union with England there was talk of a union with the Netherlands so if history had been different Scotland and the Netherlands would have the same monarch.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:15 AM

Reuters live streaming begins at 3am CST. Of course, the youtube acct NOM has already started live streaming. However, it is not in English. -(

I gave the wrong info on the youtube acct to watch the inauguration for the U.S. Sorry, it is:

Try going straight to youtube because it says an error occurred. at 3am CST, Reuters will begin their live streaming. Hope it's in English.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness

can you please give the link of Reuters live stream?
Thank you.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Livestream to ARD Coverage: DasErste Livestream - Erstes Deutsches Fernsehen [ARD] - Live

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Actually, you would be surprised at how popular the Dutch royal family are in Scotland. It stems from when Queen Wilhelmina spend some time staying here during the war. She was so popular that ladies called Williamina changed the spelling of their name to Wilhelmina. A few years ago Queen Beatrix visited a housing scheme in Glasgow and more people turned out to see her than had for Queen Elizabeth the year before. I also remember being on a bus in Edinburgh and the traffic was held up for some time. People were getting annoyed at the delay especially after the driver said that it was due to a royal visit. A few minutes later there was a message came through the drivers radio and he shouted "it's the Queen of the Netherlands" at which everybody calmed down and one lady piped up "oh that's al right then, I thought it was one of that lot from London." I also found out from a historian that before the union with England there was talk of a union with the Netherlands so it history had been different Scotland and the Netherlands would have the same monarch.

Good story!!Thanks for that!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:38 AM

In Denmark DR seems to live stream at the address below :)

LIVE: Ny konge i Holland | Nyheder | DR
Old 04-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
can you please give the link of Reuters live stream?
Thank you.
I think this is the link

Reuters Live Stream
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 AM
Commoner

Im watchin live stream from Australia
Old 04-30-2013, 04:26 AM
Royal Highness

I've been watching from Turkey

Tags
abdication, beatrix, enthronement, inauguration, king willem-alexander, live, prince willem-alexander, queen beatrix, willem-alexander