The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Abdication & Inauguration 2013

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Port Perry, Canada
Posts: 6
Thank you, Lumutqueen. I don`t think I put my question clearly. What I meant was more along the lines of how was it decided, for instance, that Charles and Camilla were rather tucked away at the end on their row, but Albert II of Monaco appears to be (so to speak) right next to the action? And how is it determined that the Norwegian Crown Prince and Princess are in the next row, and so on? I investigated the Almanach de Gotha to try and learn about how precedence would be determined for such an event, but didn't get very far ...

Sincere thanks for any information any of you may have!

Thanks again.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-21-2013, 07:26 PM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xigua View Post
Thank you, Lumutqueen. I don`t think I put my question clearly. What I meant was more along the lines of how was it decided, for instance, that Charles and Camilla were rather tucked away at the end on their row, but Albert II of Monaco appears to be (so to speak) right next to the action? And how is it determined that the Norwegian Crown Prince and Princess are in the next row, and so on? I investigated the Almanach de Gotha to try and learn about how precedence would be determined for such an event, but didn't get very far ...

Sincere thanks for any information any of you may have!

Thanks again.
Prince Albert, Sheikha Mozah and Lalla Salma were seated closest to front and center because they are reigning monarchs. I'm not sure about the order after that but I think after the monarchs were the crown princely couples and so on.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Port Perry, Canada
Posts: 6
Thanks, dbarn67: your reply makes sense.

If anyone has further material or information about this sort of protocol, I'd be grateful to see it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Prince Albert, Sheikha Mozah and Lalla Salma were seated closest to front and center because they are reigning monarchs. I'm not sure about the order after that but I think after the monarchs were the crown princely couples and so on.
They are seated after the length of reign of ther father/mother. Only the japanese Crown Princely Couple has been given precedence over the others.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-23-2013, 12:30 PM
MissByrd's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ashburn, United States
Posts: 118
Would someone from the Netherlands mind giving us the words (in English) of their National Anthem as they sang it at the Inauguration? I did look it up online and found it interesting and poignant. But, there are many verses. So, what were the actual words/verses that they typically sing? I will appreciate it and say thanks in advance.
__________________
"...and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story." C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissByrd View Post
Would someone from the Netherlands mind giving us the words (in English) of their National Anthem as they sang it at the Inauguration? I did look it up online and found it interesting and poignant. But, there are many verses. So, what were the actual words/verses that they typically sing? I will appreciate it and say thanks in advance.
This might help you,the Wilhelmus lyrics



Wilhelmus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
30th of July 1936-Birth of HRH The Infanta Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz, Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
This might help you,the Wilhelmus lyrics

Wilhelmus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The first verse is always sung as national anthem, the sixth only occassionally, but on this specific occassion both verse 1 and 6 were sung..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-24-2013, 03:14 PM
MissByrd's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ashburn, United States
Posts: 118
Thank you, Lee-Z. That's what I was wondering...which verses. It is a very moving National Anthem...especially when you know the history behind it.
__________________

__________________
"...and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story." C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
abdication, beatrix, catharina-amalia, inauguration, king, maxima, names, queen, queen beatrix, succession, titles, willem-alexander


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abdication Beatrix & Inauguration Willem-Alexander: Where to Watch Live (TV & Online) Marengo Abdication & Inauguration 2013 52 05-02-2013 07:06 AM
Abdication of Beatrix & Inauguration of WA: Royals Arriving, Sightseeing and Leaving Princess Robijn Abdication & Inauguration 2013 56 05-02-2013 02:13 AM
Abdication of Beatrix and Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Confirmed Guests Princess Robijn Abdication & Inauguration 2013 10 04-28-2013 04:58 PM
Queen Beatrix Announces Abdication; January 28, 2013 Marengo Abdication & Inauguration 2013 391 04-16-2013 09:26 AM
Program of the Abdication of Queen Beatrix and Inauguration of King Willem-Alexander Princess Robijn Abdication & Inauguration 2013 4 03-19-2013 06:41 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]