The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Abdication & Inauguration 2013

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2013, 10:17 AM

My tuppence:

Princess Beatrix: Elegant, stately, polished. It wouldn't have been the same without her own particular style and though sometimes her gowns can look a bit like curtains and her hats get replaced by chickens roosting in her hair, today she looked every inch the proud mother. I loved what she was wearing.

CP Masako: She could have worn a potato sack and I'd have been thrilled to see her. But she didn't, she wore a very elegant gown and I think the colour choice was appropriate. I'm not too fond of the hat but hey people....she was there!

Letizia: Is it me or has Letizia suddenly turned super model? She's looking incredibly thin and her new nose slims her face alot (not that she was ever chunky). I think her hat was a bit impractical as it seemed to shield one side of her face entirely but she is stunning. Totally beautiful.

Mary: A tad disappointing. I don't think white is ever a good choice for this sort of event and the black floral detail was cut in two by her sash. It just looked a little awkward.

Camilla: Beautiful in blue and I loved the leafy feathery thing in her hair. Well matched to her sash colour and the little hint of yellow from her RFO. For her first major international royal gathering not on home turf, I think she looked wonderful but most importantly - she just seemed to appear incredibly regal. Queen Camilla is going to be force to be reckoned with!

Victoria: I actually loved her outfit last night but this definitely makes it look shabby by comparison. The hat gave her height which in turn gave her quite an imperious look. Wonderful choice! And Daniel looked very handsome too.

Sophie: I know Liechtenstein is tiny but they are living in the same decade as us aren't they? Red and green should never be seen? Except if you're a Christmas tree. And she isn't. I like green. But vivid green? Wimbledon called. They want their tennis court back.

Mathilde: Safe and pleasant but nothing award winning.

Stephanie: From drag queen to future queen (well, Grand Duchess) in a matter of hours. I loved the whole ensemble and though the hat was a bit rigid, it was very Beatrix and that struck a chord. She's fast become one of my favourite royals. Elegant, understated and appears to be a genuinely lovely lady.

Mabel: You've got something on your arm dear....

Margriet: Now this is how you wear a green frock! A lovely mint colour, the hat complimented her features and I love the structured collar. Sometimes the older members of the family put the young to shame.

Maxima: Well Your Majesty....TRULY STUNNING. I actually did a "Oh. My. God" when she first appeared in that beautiful blue gown with it's lace detail and overjacket. The tiara was magnificent, the gown proving that some Queens don't need ermine and red velvet to remind us of their royalty. She simply IS the Queen now. Calm, quiet, steady but with breathtaking glamour. The Netherlands is truly lucky to have Queen Maxima.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
did victoria wear a long dress as the others?
But of course she did.
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovblo....-15.51.09.png

Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought the ladies did mostly pretty well.
I liked Victoria's outfit but thought the hat might better have been saved for Ascot. I would not want to have been seated behind her.
Sophie Liechtenstein needs to get out of Vaduz more often to do her shopping.
Camilla looked lovely and age appropriate. Carries off big events well.
Stephanie Luxembourg, well I didnt have high expectations so was not disappointed but please do not wear Beatrix's cast offs again.
Masako, well she was there and dressed pretty much as you would expect the IHA to dress her.
Mabel dear, when you first walked out of the palace I thought you had your arm in a cast. I know you love bows, but it didnt quite work.
Laurentien, red dress with yellow sash doesn't really work so well.
Not a hope in hell that anyone would outshine Maxima on this day and she did not disappoint. Great dress, fantastic jewels, dazzling smile and personality plus.

Rather surprised that neither Frederik or Victoria have received Dutch orders yet in their careers. Guess King WA will take care of that when he begins state visits.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Any photo of Crown Prince Billah & Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Does anyone have a picture of Princess Sarah? I think she wore pink in one of the pictures, but was to far to tell.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Compilation of today -
Queen Maxima = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Beatrix = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
The triple AAA's = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Mabel = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Anita = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Laurentien = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Annette = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Aimee = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Marilene = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Margriet = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Mathilde = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Sarvath El Hassan of Jordan = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Victoria = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Letizia = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Lalla Salma = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Masako = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Sophie = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Crown Princess Sarah = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Princess Mary = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Mette - Marit = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Camilla = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Sheika Mozah = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Stephanie = [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Everyone looked good. It was really nice to see Princess Masako and her husband looked extremely happy to have her with him to such an amazing event. I guess Masako has a close relationship with the Dutch family.

And did everyone receive the Dutch order for attending?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Royal Highness

My favourite of today was...of course Maxima!Everything about her apperance was absolutely regal and pretty,I am especially happy that she chose such a great tiara and Nassau-blue for this event!
After a long pause.....I would list CP Letizia (her outfit looks much better in movement on tv than on pictures),our beloved Beatrix and also Princess Aimee! Her materny gown is stunning and glamourous, I never expected pregnancy wear to be so pretty! I remember that Maxima has worn the same dress during pregnancy,this dress should definitely stay in the family,I like it a lot:-)
Stéphanie also looked spectacular,the nice fit and silhouette plus the beautiful embroidery details in such a charming colour made her outfit perfect.
On a different note,I am so glad to see Masako again!Such a wonderful appearance,she looked happy and relaxed,I am very happy that she found the courage and came to watch the inauguration.

@4 Pam-Yes,Crown Princess Masako has a special relationship with the Dutch,her father is a diplomat and she had lived in Holland for some time, she also seems to have a good relationship with the new reigning couple. This event is Masako’s first official overseas trip since she and her husband visited New Zealand and Australia in 2002.
. Helen Keller
Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

Sheikah Mozah looked like a Evil Dark Queen from a fairytail!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie has been poking around Princess Beatrix's hat cupboard!!
I think so too,that hat did not look good on her,nor did it really go with her outfit.Perhaps it was her personal tribute or nod to Beatrix but another no no for Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie's outfit would have looked better without it; the hat looked like a huge platter on her head, unfortunately.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, Mathilde looked sensational! The best all around of all the guests today imo. I remember when she was a new young Royal on the scene how disappointing her clothes were. But after she turned 40 there was no turning back...she has never looked better!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Maxima was stunning!!!! King Willem-Alexander is best looking King I've ever seen!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely surprise, the pregnant Aimee. I think her name is Aimee? Anyway, one of the lovely daughters-in-law. Her hate is soft and charming. Victoria's hat way too big and I don't like hats stuck on the side of the head, in any size. May look queenly but also looks ostentatious or obstreperous, something like that.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximaiscool View Post
No, Máxima bought the 3 dresses by Pili Carrera: Kleding 30 april
Thanks
I wonder if the Kate Middleton effect will happen and the dresses will be sold out immediatly.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Letizia looks incredibly thin to me, it even scared me a bit. And she looks a bit haughty in my eyes, snobby.

I was very pleased to see Philippe and Mathilde and cheered in silence when I saw Guillaume and Stéphanie. They are the two couples I love to watch.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy

Yesterday Matte-Marit wore her favorite night gown to dinner and the ball, today she appear in her house coat. Stephaine should change her fashion adviser who makes her look too matured. Camilla looked like a future queen in the black and white gown also the blue one except her dresser should decrease the padding at the top (you know where). Since she has such beautiful hair, an abundance of feathers makes her head look like a bird's nest.

Once more the ladies look dashing. My favorites are Queen Maxima,Letizia and of -course Queen Beatrix and special honour to Princess Masako.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Sheikah Mozah looked like a Evil Dark Queen from a fairytail!
I like the design and cut of her dress and coat,however a lighter colour would have been more appealing to me,especially for such a festive occasion and springtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
Yesterday Matte-Marit wore her favorite night gown to dinner and the ball, today she appear in her house coat.
I find your judgement of MM´s dress today very sharp I agree that yesterday was absolutely not her fashion day-the shape of her dress really looked like a nightgown,but today she looked acceptable. Not really my cup of tea because I find that there is too much going on with the print all over the dress,but the fit of the gown was good and her hair and the jewels were nice too.
. Helen Keller
Old 04-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
Any photo of Crown Prince Billah & Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ay-throne.html

http://i44.tinypic.com/35k34mf.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/30ac3kw.jpg
Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Ugh. What a disappointment! It seems to be very difficult to pair hats with long dresses.

What was Stephanie wearing? Her mother-in-law's dress and one of Beatrix's hats? Stephanie, if you forgot your hat at home borrow one from Maxima, not Bea!

I was positive Mary was going to really bring it but what was she wearing?

Even someone who usually pulls it out for Prinsdag, Princess Margriet, disappointed me. The collar was floppy and argued with her sash, and the hat did not work with her hair style.

Thank goodness for Letizia and Victoria! Victoria's gown was simple and her hat was extravagant and exuberant but still elegant. Leti's dress was gorgeous and her hat- from any angle but straight on- was fantastic. Face on, the hat was a little pancake-y, but for an amateur hatter Letizia looked amazing.

And Thank you to Queen Maxima for wearing the gorgeous Mellerio Sapphire tiara!