The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Abdication & Inauguration 2013

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Serene Highness

Great evening, great robes and - hach - TIARAS..... so I am really, really happy.

Highlights:
Maxxxx is stunning as always, but the tiara even would hev been better with hair up - at least the front part.
Letizia - simply stunning!!!! Even in black. And finally a tiara again.
Mary - great dress, but smaaaaaaal tiara, hey Daisy, there are so many in the Danish vaults, give her another one.
Lalla Salma - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh, how wonderful.

Lowlights:
Mette-Marit: OH MY GOD!!!! WHAT WAS THAT? I remember those wonderful times at CP Victorias wedding, where have they gone?
Camilla: hm, it really shows the difference in age between the "young" CPs and Camilla, who is simply one generation older ..... great jewels though.

BYe Bine

Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 AM
Royal Highness

my prefer
CP Mary
CP Letizia
Queen Beatrix

Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Anybody knows who Princess Irene is with here?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Nobility

It's her sister Princess Christina, Princess Beatrix's youngest sister
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Serene Highness

Can someone pls give Camilla a fitting brazier?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
HRH the Duchess of Cornwall looked stunning in every photograph - every inch the future Queen she will be !

The Duchess looked so elegant & poised. I'm proud that {God willing} she will be the next Queen of my country
Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Royal Highness

I'm confused by Princess Mabel's choice of gown for the Inaugeration. Is she in mourning for her husband or not? Today's dress says 'yes' but yesterday's said 'no'.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Dutch inauguration: The fashion of the European royal ladies - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Mary's choice is not my cup of tea. Her dress is a very very awkward interpretation of the kimono.

Sheikha Mozah's ensemble is somewhat gloomy.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Crown Princess Mette-Marit looked blocky in their ensembles.

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie's hat could have been better. A lighter hat would have made her ensemble elegant and feminine.

I liked Lalla Salma's green caftan. Crown Princess Mathilde 's ensemble is soft feminine.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

My tops and disappointments at the dinner on Monday

Tops
1. Letizia 2. Victoria 3. Mathilde 4. Lalla Salma 5. Camilla
Disappointments
1. Mette-Marit 2. Stephanie 3. Mabel 4. Laurentien 5. Maxima
Not top or disappointment - Mary

Today at the church

Tops
1. Maxima 2. Victoria 3. Letizia 4. Mathilde 5. Masako
Disappointments
1. Mette-Marit 2. Mary 3. Stephanie
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow...what happened?? With the exception of Letizia and Mathilde I didn't like any of those outfits. Sheikha Mozah(?) in particular looked terrifying..like a sort of female Darth Vader!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

My review on the royal ladies for this Investiture.

Letizia: She looked great, but she choose a bland color, a bit of red and she would have looked amazing. But she still looks great, althought the dress is somewhat similar to what she wore yesterday. Nice hat, not my cup of tea, but it suits her.

Stephanie: Not amazed by her choice today as well, her hat looks something like Beatrix would wear. But I like her hairstyle.

Masako: Oh Masako, my Dear! I'm so happy you're there! She looks very traditional but she looks really happy as well.

Mathilde: Mathilde looks very blah to me, I'm not impressed by her outfit, I love that shade of pink, but the dress itself is simple and doesn't have any interesting cut. Hat = boring. But I like her curly Up-do.

Mette-Marit: Finally a upgrade, even though its not MM at her best, I like this dress and I really like the print. About her "hat" or whatever is there (flowers ornament it seems), I like when she goes on "adventures" and wears something diferent on her hair (like in Stephanie&Guillaume), but at these events...it makes her look weird when everyone is wearing hats or fascinators. But still, she dressed way better than yesterday, so that's enough for me.

Camilla: Camilla and her feather hats...she looks OK this time! Light blue suits her.

Lalla Salma: A very beautiful and grogeous green caftan, I'm happy she went for some color this time. Her belt is recycled but I love her gold and emerald jewels. And WOW to her shoes!!!

Mary: I have mixed feeling about Mary's outfit, looks a bit oriental to me, but a bit to the hideous field, dare I say? I would've have liked better if she opted for a Hat instead of that fascinator though.

Victoria: A very stunning Victoria, she looks beautiful in cream, I Love her dress a lot but her hat is TOO HUGE! Love her hairdo.

I still have to see better pictures of the other royal guests, and I want close-ups of the jewerly.

2 great days of bling bling and amazing fashion! I wonder if they'll take part in the evening events and wear another attires.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Majesty

did victoria wear a long dress as the others?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Courtier

Well, Edouard Vermeulen of Natan proved that sometimes he does a good job

Maxima's dress at the abdication was soft, charming and very Maxima.
Together with her king and the 3 A's shining as 3 sunrays on the balcony, lovely. Where the yellow dresses also Natan?

The little princesses looked really cute in the church in their Natan dresses.
Their dresses looked the same, but the tops were different. And they complimented their mother and grandmother in royal blue!

Mabel's dress moved me. The white sleeve and sash looked like a part of her wedding dress and then the rest in black...such a sad situation.

Mathilde was my favourite of the foreign royals and Irene of the Dutch royal family.
I also liked Victoria's dress, but not her hat.
Don't know what to think of Mary.
Stephanie looked like she borrowed a dress and hat from Beatrix. Did like how the jacket and the sash were entwined, though.

And then Maxima...STUNNING!!! A true queen. How radiant can you be!
The saphire tiara is beautiful on her and Jan Taminiau made her a wonderful dress: the lace, the coat that floated behind her when she walked.
Would the shoulder pads have been a wink to the former queen?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

Mette Marit had a slight improvement during the investiture (I especially liked her hairdo and flower combination)....
Great Maxima, Letizia, Victoria, Mathilde --- ohhh, and the little princesses, all royal ladies in blue, really great!

BYe Bine
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Well, Edouard Vermeulen of Natan proved that sometimes he does a good job

Maxima's dress at the abdication was soft, charming and very Maxima.
Together wither her king and the 3 A's shining as 3 sunrays on the balcony, lovely. Where the yellow dresses also Natan?

The little princesses looked really cute in the church in their Natan dresses.
Their dresses looked the same, but the tops were different. And they complimented their mother and grandmother in royal blue!

Mabels dress moved me. The white sleeve and sash seemed to be a part of her wedding dress and then the rest in black...such a sad situation.

Mathilde was my favourite of the foreign royals and Irene of the Dutch royal family.
I also liked Victoria's dress, but not her hat.
Don't know what to think of Mary.
Stephanie looked like she borrowed a dress from Beatrix. Did like how the jacket and the sash were entwined, though.

And then Maxima...STUNNING!!! A true queen. How radiant can you be!
The saphire tiara is beautiful on her and Jan Taminiau made her a wonderful dress: the lace, the coat that floated behind her when she walked.
Would the shoulder pads have been a wink to the former queen?
Maxima has kind of disappointed me with many of her grooming choices in the last few years. But she has more than made up for it over the last couple of days. That photo of she and W-A along with their little girls all in yellow has floored me! Everything looks gorgeous on Max....hair, makeup, color..just beautiful!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

I think Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie has been poking around Princess Beatrix's hat cupboard!!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

I love Mary's dress today!! It was soft and romantic, the craftsmanship is beautiful, and I love that she played with contrast by choosing a light blue hat (playing off one of the colors in the fabric).
Old 04-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Royal Highness

for church ceremony my list

CP Letizia
Queen Maxima
CP Mathilde
CP Victoria
Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

No, Máxima bought the 3 dresses by Pili Carrera: Kleding 30 april