The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:02 AM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,407
Skavlan/SVT interview with Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill - 11 Dec. 2015

According to Svensk Damtidning Madeleine and Chris will be interviewed in the talk show "Skavlan" which is broadcasted and produced in both Sweden and Norway. The interview will be made in front of a studio audience and will be transmitted next weekend in the programs season finale.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2015, 01:41 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 25,473
SVT confirms the interview. The other guest at the show is Adele. The timing is very bad. The Nobel events are one of the most important events for the royal family, and whole Sweden. This is overshadowing the coming Nobel week at the press. And the broadcast is on SVT on 11th December at 21.00, at the same time when the king is hosting his dinner in honor of the Nobel Laureates.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill gästar Skavlan _ svt.se
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:03 PM
TheRoyalCourtisane's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
SVT confirms the interview. The other guest at the show is Adele. The timing is very bad. The Nobel events are one of the most important events for the royal family, and whole Sweden. This is overshadowing the coming Nobel week at the press. And the broadcast is on SVT on 11th December at 21.00, at the same time when the king is hosting his dinner in honor of the Nobel Laureates.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill gästar Skavlan _ svt.se
Woah bad timing indeed unless they will be providing different live links for both events then damn.
__________________
TheRoyalCourtisane
“Fear makes people cower from what seems ‘foreign’, and seek comfort in what feels familiar.” Queen Rania on May 8th 2017
https://queenraniastyle.blogspot.ca/
XoXo
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 12,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
SVT confirms the interview. The other guest at the show is Adele. The timing is very bad. The Nobel events are one of the most important events for the royal family, and whole Sweden. This is overshadowing the coming Nobel week at the press. And the broadcast is on SVT on 11th December at 21.00, at the same time when the king is hosting his dinner in honor of the Nobel Laureates.
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill gästar Skavlan _ svt.se
Not only the timing is bad, why do they mix with celebrities?
Madeleine, the rarely-working royal and Chris, the private person, who is there because he is Mr. Madeleine. What is the point?

I'd understand an exclusive with the couple, but a TV show? Royals in a TV studio don't go well together imo.

Their PR decisions are really, really strange.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:31 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 25,473
SVT has taken Adele away from their information...
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill gästar Skavlan _ SVT.se

Press secretary Daniel Urso from the court said to Aftonbladet: "We can confirm that the interview has taken place. Beyond that, we let the interview speak for itself".
Madeleine och Chris intervjuas i Skavlan _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:34 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCourtisane View Post
Woah bad timing indeed unless they will be providing different live links for both events then damn.
The Laureate dinner is not broadcast live, I believe (well, certainly the dinner isn't broadcast, but I don't believe the entrance is). Iirc from previous years, we just wait on photographs.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:41 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 25,473
No, the king's dinner isn't broadcasted live, but the timing is still bad. There is enough to write for the press about Nobel events, there is no need for a TV-program with a member of the royal family on the same day.

I don't like royals at a TV-studio with live audience who are clapping when they are told to.

Princess Märtha Louise was in "Skavlan" in 2009.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-03-2015, 04:49 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,114
Just seems a very odd decision
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,074
I am personally looking forward to hearing what they have to say... After months of being hitted by the press, I hope they give it back to them...is it live or a recorded program?
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2015, 05:26 PM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I personally lok forwar to heat what they have to say... After months of being hitted by the press, I hope they give it back to it...is it live or a recorded program?

It's recorded in front of an audience


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
It's recorded in front of an audience


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks

maybe it was the tv's decision to braodcast it at such bad timing... not everything is M&C's fault!
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2015, 05:39 PM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Thanks

maybe it was the tv's decision to braodcast it at such bad timing... not everything is M&C's fault!

According to SVT it's already been recorded.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 570
This should be interesting, this interview. I believe SVT is going for it because the Princess Couple on TV is rare and it looks like a ratings grabber. An audience too? Will audience members be allowed to ask questions?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:10 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,920
An interesting decision, doing a tv interview, for a couple that insists that they are mostly private people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-04-2015, 03:59 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 25,473
Expressen has now updated their article with Margareta Thorgren's comments:
The interview was recorded in London on Thursday and will be aired on SVT on 11 December.
- Recording was today (Thursday) in London. There was an audience, Margareta Thorgren said.
It will be the couple's first television interview together about life as a princess couple and life in London, where they moved in August.
- Princess Madeleine and Chris saw the recording as positive, said Thorgren.
Can you tell us something of what they talked about at the program?
- The Swedish people will get to see that next Friday, there's nothing we go out with in advance.
Madeleine och Chris gästar Skavlan _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning writes that the interview was made at the ITV Studios in London, and Adele was there. And Jamie Oliver. "It sounds like a program beyond the ordinary", writes Damtidning.
Madeleine mötte en superstjärna hos Skavlan _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-04-2015, 05:56 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,275
Skavlan/SVT interview with Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill - 11 Dec. 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
SVT has taken Adele away from their information...
Prinsessan Madeleine och Chris O'Neill gästar Skavlan _ SVT.se

Press secretary Daniel Urso from the court said to Aftonbladet: "We can confirm that the interview has taken place. Beyond that, we let the interview speak for itself".
Madeleine och Chris intervjuas i Skavlan _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
That is very weird. Would her brother and sister-in-law or her sister and brother-in-law give an interview, some tidbits would be given out in advance.
Now with them suddenly the interview has to speak for itself?
Is this interview supposed to be Madeleine and Christopher's "gift to the Swedes"? That is what I call presumptuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
No, the king's dinner isn't broadcasted live, but the timing is still bad. There is enough to write for the press about Nobel events, there is no need for a TV-program with a member of the royal family on the same day.

I don't like royals at a TV-studio with live audience who are clapping when they are told to.

Princess Märtha Louise was in "Skavlan" in 2009.
Princess Märtha Louise is in a slightly different position than Madeleine, though. She is no Royal Highness anymore and her husband and children aren't titled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen has now updated their article with Margareta Thorgren's comments:
The interview was recorded in London on Thursday and will be aired on SVT on 11 December.
- Recording was today (Thursday) in London. There was an audience, Margareta Thorgren said.
It will be the couple's first television interview together about life as a princess couple and life in London, where they moved in August.
- Princess Madeleine and Chris saw the recording as positive, said Thorgren.
Can you tell us something of what they talked about at the program?
- The Swedish people will get to see that next Friday, there's nothing we go out with in advance.
Madeleine och Chris gästar Skavlan _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning writes that the interview was made at the ITV Studios in London, and Adele was there. And Jamie Oliver. "It sounds like a program beyond the ordinary", writes Damtidning.
Madeleine mötte en superstjärna hos Skavlan _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation
I don't recall such secrecy around anything Victoria and Daniel and Carl Philip and Sofia have done.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-04-2015, 06:02 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 787
My guess is that they are trying to get some positive press. Carl Philips interview in Hellenius hörna last fall was very successful, and really helped the public image of him. (Yes, I'm one of those who saw it and got a very positive impression).

I hope everything goes well, but there are big differences between the two interviews. Hopefully it doesn't backfire.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-04-2015, 06:11 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
My guess is that they are trying to get some positive press. Carl Philips interview in Hellenius hörna last fall was very successful, and really helped the public image of him. (Yes, I'm one of those who saw it and got a very positive impression).

I hope everything goes well, but there are big differences between the two interviews. Hopefully it doesn't backfire.
I agree with your whole statement. I was very impressed with CPs interview and it did great things for him. I think they're expecting this interview to do the same. I'm not fully sure but I really hope it does! I am one of those who has a little icky/non positive view of Madeleine but I also accknowledge that we don't know her or her life so who am I to judge. So I hope to be positively impressed!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 570
I can't get over the buzz about this interview with Madeleine and Chris in the media. It's basically about their life in London, but it sounds as if people are looking for big reveals. If the palace is aware of the interview I doubt there will be any.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-06-2015, 10:51 AM
JR76's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I can't get over the buzz about this interview with Madeleine and Chris in the media. It's basically about their life in London, but it sounds as if people are looking for big reveals. If the palace is aware of the interview I doubt there will be any.

Of course the palace is aware of the interview. From what I know about the King he would be furious if something like this happened without his knowledge.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chris o'neill, interview, madeleine, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill, Current Events Part 1: December 2012 - JessRulz Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 563 03-29-2017 05:47 AM
General Information on Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Ansgar Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 250 04-24-2014 11:04 PM
Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child Muhler Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 572 02-21-2014 01:46 AM
Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's Marriage Banns and Reception: May 19, 2013 principessa Pre-wedding Events 93 05-24-2013 10:09 AM
Press Reports about Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill: January 2011 - October 2012 Catharina Current Events Archive 486 10-25-2012 09:52 AM




Popular Tags
antony armstrong-jones birthday books british royal history carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess victoria current events denmark emma europe family fascism general news grand duke henri hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond kate king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein love monarchy monarchy versus republic news prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip princessanne princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria pyrmont queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margerthe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen silvia queen sofia spanish royal family events state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises