The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
If Madeleine wanted privacy, it would have been better for her to have just stayed in Sweden! Now that she's moved across the Atlantic, we have more and better photso of her (not so fuzzy) AND pictures of her and Jonas! Together and smiling FOR the cameras! I just thought the whole process was a little backwards....
I think the big difference with the princess living in NYC is that while she will be photographed going out to resturants, club, and other events this is all ''postive press''. Obviously as princess, she is used to and probably expects people to treat her well and give her special attention. But most of the time she is left alone. She can walk down the street without being recognized and when she reads a NY newspaper there will not be an article critizing something she did (car accidents, driving down a one-way street) or debating her relationship. Bascially, in NYC Princess Madeleine gets the best of both worlds. She get vip status and attention when she goes shopping or to events like fashion shows. However, when she is going about her day or
doesn't want the attention, she is left alone.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

Attending an after-party for Carmen Marc Valvo Fall 2006 fashion show hosted by the Bryant Park Hotel on February 9, 2006 in New York City

(Source: Hola magazine)

Old 02-16-2006, 01:33 PM

I did not like the top she wore at that fashion party.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Madeleine of Sweden, happy in New York with her fiancè*

Princess Madeleine is happy with her new life next to Jonas Bergström in New York. In the city of the skyscrapers, the youngest daughter of the King of Sweden, that will work in the offices of the UN, can live like a young one and take a walk more with her fiancè in affectionate attitude.
(from diezminutos)

* me : fiancee? hmm...
Old 02-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Madeleine of Sweden, happy in New York with her fiancè*

They look WOW!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Fiance?! I'm guessing the press made this up to make the article more interesting but maybe they know something we don't?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I read in Hello, ( don't know if it's true) that the King and Queen were both pretty peeved that jonas had accompanied Madeline to New York.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I read in Hello, ( don't know if it's true) that the King and Queen were both pretty peeved that jonas had accompanied Madeline to New York.
I think i would be too. She needs to spend some time on her own doing her own things. It is one thing to be followed by photographers and reporters but quite another for your boyfriend to follow you everywhere as well (no matter how much they like each other).
Old 02-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Little_Star, yes i read that article in this weeks Hellomagaine.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I haven't been here in a couple of days but glad to see Madeleine made it to NYC safely! Glad to see photographers on top of their game after their little hiatus. I just hope they don't scare Madeleine away. As for Secret Service taking care of Madeleine, I don't really have a problem with that because it's an agreement with all the countries. It really would be complicated if Madeleine's guards came from Sweden. This way it's safer and less complicated for everyone.
welcome to the USA PM, i'm glad my taxes are paying for protection to this lovely girl (much more than some other stuff i'm paying for). jmo
Old 03-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Commoner

Madeleine in NY

I saw Madeleine and Jonas walking at 34th Street last Sunday when I was in New York on vacation. They seemed really relaxed and very in love
Old 03-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubgk
I saw Madeleine and Jonas walking at 34th Street last Sunday when I was in New York on vacation. They seemed really relaxed and very in love
That's great to hear! Congrats to you, or whatever to say! :)
Old 03-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Courtier

Oh great news! That's cool you got to see Princess Madeleine.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Commoner

Really bad that I did'nt have my camera ready though :)
Old 03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Courtier

whats she like in person? as pretty as in pictures? as tall?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
whats she like in person? as pretty as in pictures? as tall?
yes she is very pretty... but she seems alittle shy and not as comfortable as Victoria with the attention.
She is quite tall, 1.71, but I think the reason why both Madeleine, Silvia and Victoria seems tall is that the King and prnce Carl Philip are both quite short
Old 03-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Yes andCrown princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine wear high heels so that will make them look much taller.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Serene Highness

When is Madeleine leaving NYC? Sometime in April I think, right? I was hoping we'd have some more pictures of her out and about in the city before she left.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:41 AM
Courtier

No, Princess Madeleine will not be leaving NYC until the summer.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
When is Madeleine leaving NYC? Sometime in April I think, right? I was hoping we'd have some more pictures of her out and about in the city before she left.
I´m sure she will be home for her fathers 60th birthday on April 30. But after that she will return to New York and stay there until the summer

Tags
new york, princess madeleine, unicef