Princess Madeleine's Internship at UNICEF in New York: January-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeleine in NY

I saw Madeleine and Jonas walking at 34th Street last Sunday when I was in New York on vacation. They seemed really relaxed and very in love :rolleyes:

lubgk said:
I saw Madeleine and Jonas walking at 34th Street last Sunday when I was in New York on vacation. They seemed really relaxed and very in love :rolleyes:
That's great to hear! Congrats to you, or whatever to say! :)

Oh great news! That's cool you got to see Princess Madeleine.

whats she like in person? as pretty as in pictures? as tall?

cd_1 said:
whats she like in person? as pretty as in pictures? as tall?
yes she is very pretty... but she seems alittle shy and not as comfortable as Victoria with the attention.
She is quite tall, 1.71, but I think the reason why both Madeleine, Silvia and Victoria seems tall is that the King and prnce Carl Philip are both quite short

Yes andCrown princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine wear high heels so that will make them look much taller.

When is Madeleine leaving NYC? Sometime in April I think, right? I was hoping we'd have some more pictures of her out and about in the city before she left.

No, Princess Madeleine will not be leaving NYC until the summer.

christinacg said:
When is Madeleine leaving NYC? Sometime in April I think, right? I was hoping we'd have some more pictures of her out and about in the city before she left.
I´m sure she will be home for her fathers 60th birthday on April 30. But after that she will return to New York and stay there until the summer

I'm actually quite happy that there has not been that many photos of her during her stay in NYC because I know thats she wanted was to stay away from the media and the papparazzi. Although I would like to see some new pics its better that she be left alone.

According to Aftonbladet, Madeleine is back in Sweden. She will stay for about a week and attend her fathers birthday party this weekend. Perhaps there finally will be some new photos of her!

when will she go back to Sweden? I heard that she lived in NY for a while.

Jang said:
when will she go back to Sweden? I heard that she lived in NY for a while.
She is already back in Sweden for her father's 60th birthday celebrations, and she'll be there for a week. :)

Has Madeleine returned to NYC or is she going to stay in Sweden for a little bit? :)

She has returned to NYC to continue her work with Unicef.

Gita said:
She has returned to NYC to continue her work with Unicef.
What is she doing with Unicef? There hasn't been any news of her even being here. At least not where I am.:(

robby86 said:
What is she doing with Unicef? There hasn't been any news of her even being here. At least not where I am.:(
It's because we americans don't care for royals or their status (no offense just the general opinion of most). Isn't Unicef related to children poverty? Would like to add I like royalty.

I don't think it's that Americans don't care for royals or their status, it's just that the general public really only knows about the British royal family. And even then there's a tendency to try to to make them into Hollywood-style celebrities. And virtually no one here knows that Sweden even has a royal family, let alone have heard of Princess Madeleine. I wish that weren't the case, though. :D

Unicef is a charity foundation, set up by the United Nations, which helps people and countries in underpriveleged places or that have been struck by disaster.

Isabella said:
I don't think it's that Americans don't care for royals or their status, it's just that the general public really only knows about the British royal family. And even then there's a tendency to try to to make them into Hollywood-style celebrities. And virtually no one here knows that Sweden even has a royal family, let alone have heard of Princess Madeleine. I wish that weren't the case, though. :D

I know, most americans know british royals because of history classes and Diana. My high school gov. teacher didn't know Prince William and Harry's names!

And the Royalty of Monaco because of the late movie star Grace kelly.

Princess Madeleine is also learning about sexual child abuse and forced child prostitution and child trafficking.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some gorgeous pictures of Madeleine in the The Royal Family's Current Events thread, Part 6. Her parents are in NYC so Madeleine joined them for a couple of events including the Volvo Ocean Race Gala where she's looking dazzling in pink.

When is Madeleine coming back to Sweden? May, June, or July? And has she announced any of her post-NYC plans?

soCal girl said:
When is Madeleine coming back to Sweden? May, June, or July? And has she announced any of her post-NYC plans?
She is coming back sometime in june, after she has finished her work at UN. She said that she thinks she will continue with her studies this fall and that she probably wants to study international relations

Madeleine is NY-kär (its a "wordtrick"; in swedish NY= new and kär = in love)

For the first time princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas shows their love for eachother in public. During a romantic shoppingspree in Soho they couple hugs and kiss. Now Manhattan waits for the engagement

Madeleine has had a busy week. Mom and dad have visit her in New York. Madeleine attended a dinner in the financial quarters and the start of Volvo Ocean Race. Her parents also payed a visit to Madeleine and Jonas´apartment.
Yesterday when the duties were over Madeleine and Jonas went shopping on southern Manhattan. They strolled along Mercer street and went to galleries and little shops in Soho. They cuddled and kissed and the couple has overcome the crisis. Never before have they been so open with their relationshsip and now one question comes to mind; will Jonas propose to Madeleine? Madeleine is to return to Sweden before the summer and rumours says she wants to get engaged in her favourite city New York. Yesterday an engagement didnt seemed far away.

from www.aftonbladet.se / photo by Scanpix
and www.expressen.se / photo by Finn Fons

Attachments

• madde210.jpg
    madde210.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 964
  • 1af60356.jpg
    1af60356.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 733
  • 7fbedf0b.jpg
    7fbedf0b.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,619
  • 4e7dc0bc.jpg
    4e7dc0bc.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 9b5276b6.jpg
    9b5276b6.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 360
  • 811a1e93.jpg
    811a1e93.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Lovely pictures of Princess Madeleine & Jonas! I'm glad that there's at least one guy doing his best to get us some news from NY, this Finn Fons guy seems pretty active, good for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom