The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Perhaps! But to me it looks like she´s talking to someone on her cell
Oh! You're right . I looked at the photo closer and in her right hand I can sort of see a cell phone. She's probably plugging her other ear to shut out some of the noise.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Nobility

WOW, Iam sorry, but this is news to me.When did she move to New York? Why did she move? What is studing? In the states, there hasn't been much news--or any---for that matter about her move. Thanks to whoever answers my questions.:)

Old 02-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
WOW, Iam sorry, but this is news to me.When did she move to New York? Why did she move? What is studing? In the states, there hasn't been much news--or any---for that matter about her move. Thanks to whoever answers my questions.:)
We first heard about her move to New York in early January I belive and on January 27 the princess landed in New York.
She will stay in New York for 6 months and work at Unicef
Old 02-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Nobility

So she's arrived in NY - gr8t as for the paparrazi. The swedish photographers will still follow her around, but other press will leave her alone. Afterall she's not that famous in other countries.

I wonder though, once she has completed her work with the UN, will she come back to Sweden and take on a bigger role in terms of her royal duties?

I do hope so - she's in her mid twenties now isn't she? So it would be nice!!! Besides there is only so much work experience and studying someone can do in their lifetime.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

According to an article in today's Expressen, Princess Madeleine started her work at Unicef in New York yesterday morning. Jonas walked to work with her, appearing on the streets just like any other normal young couple in love.

- She will be with us for four months and Unicef is very happy to have Princess Madeleine in the organisation, commented Kate Donovan from Unicef to the newspaper.

The original & full article (in Swedish) can be found Here.

Picture by Finn Fons via Expressen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine Finn Fons Exp.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	226607  
Old 02-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
According to an article in today's Expressen, Princess Madeleine started her work at Unicef in New York yesterday morning. Jonas walked to work with her, appearing on the streets just like any other normal young couple in love.

- She will be with us for four months and Unicef is very happy to have Princess Madeleine in the organisation, commented Kate Donovan from Unicef to the newspaper.

The original & full article (in Swedish) can be found Here.

Picture by Finn Fons via Expressen.
WOW, her hair is REALLY pretty.Wonder who her stylist is?
Old 02-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Royal Highness

Does anybody know where I could find more pictures of Madeleine on her first day of work? The photographers could not have only taken one, and I'm sure they published them somewhere. Thanks! :)
Old 02-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Does anybody know where I could find more pictures of Madeleine on her first day of work? The photographers could not have only taken one, and I'm sure they published them somewhere. Thanks! :)
I havant seen any more than the one posted here... and I´m sure, if somebody finds more photos I think (and hope :) ) they will post them here
Old 02-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Commoner

Smile Princess Madeleine in New york

Old 02-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Fantastic! Finally a photo of her and Jonas where thay are both smiling, looking into the camera and ot those paparazzi shots.

I wonder howcome Madeleine is invited to all these parties... Fashion week isnt swedish asociated is it? I thought Madeleine wasnt that well known in the states?

But good for her! and for us to
Old 02-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of the article to the picture:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...775610,00.html

Princess Madeleine is healthy again and attended yesterday with Jonas the after-show party of the label Carmen Marc Valvo in the Bryant Park Hotel. Since she´s busy with her traineeship she couldn´t attend the actual fashion show.
"Unfortunately I could not see the fashion show, since my days are full of the work I do at Unicef. The Fashion week is great fun, since I’m very interested of fashion and design"

Madeleine was dressed in a kimono-inspired silk blouse, jeans and high heels
"There are fantastic clothes here in NY that you can’t find at home in Sweden. Often I find it difficult to find a dress in Stockholm and have to go abroad or need to get tailored something for special occasions" says Madeleine*

How do you like New York?
"I like it a lot, it’s a fantastic city" says Madeleine with a big smile and it´s obvious, that she enjoys the cosmopolitan city

What have you managed to see except the fashion week?
"I have suffered from the flu for several days so have not had time to see so much, but I have visited the MoMa and it was fantastic"

With what does the princess work at Unicef?
"I work at Child Protective Services, I chose it myself since the work they do is so important, among others children in war zones, trafficking, sexual offences towards minors" says Madeleine, who is just like her mother passionate about children’s rights

Aftonbladet asks Madeleine about the rumours on an possible engagement
"Jaha, there you see. We did not even know that ourselves"
We read it on TV4.se?
"Its good that there are places to keep track of such things"

Notes by me:
All is fantastic, eh
* Now I know, why the Swedes are so often protrayed naked in foreign ads, clips, sketches etc. They simply don´t have enough clothes. Next time, when I go to the clothes drive I will add a note "Please send it to Sweden" :p
Old 02-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
"Unfortunately I could not see the fashion show, since my days are full of the work I do at Unicef. The Fashion week is great fun, since I’m very interested of fashion and design"
Its so unfortunat when work comes in the way of fashionshows:p atleast she has her prioreties straight for now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Notes by me:
All is fantastic, eh
Maybe all is fantastic for bottled blonds, Mette-Marit also thinks everything is "fantastic" Maybe I should dye my hair as well

I wonder how Madeleine got invited to this event, I recon you cant just show up there, maybe she has bought dresses from Camen Marco Valvo before. His designs looks like things Madeleine would wear (ie, they have generous clevage:p ) she is so far not in his celebrety scrap book though http://www.carmenmarcvalvo.com/celebgallery/gallery.php

One more pic from Aftonbladet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	madde210.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	227105  
Old 02-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I wonder how Madeleine got invited to this event, I recon you cant just show up there, maybe she has bought dresses from Camen Marco Valvo before. His designs looks like things Madeleine would wear (ie, they have generous clevage:p ) she is so far not in his celebrety scrap book though http://www.carmenmarcvalvo.com/celebgallery/gallery.php

One more pic from Aftonbladet
Usually the PR agencies who promote these events know who is in town at that time and send invitations. I'm sure the person responsible for this show simply read the information in the paper and send a invitation via the Swedish embassy. When a celebrity agrees to attend, she/he is asked if they mind pictures or not or they are informed that photographers are at the event, so they know in advance.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up Thanks everyone!

Thank you to everyone who has posted photos of Princess and Madeleine and Jonas. And thanks to Lena for the article. :)

Princess Madeleine looks so happy. :)
Old 02-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

NEW YORK - FEBRUARY 8: Princess of Sweden Madeleine and Carmen Marc Valvo attend the after-party for Carmen Marc Valvo Fall 2006 fashion show hosted by the Bryant Park Hotel on February 9, 2006 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew Walker/Getty Images for PMK/HBH)

PS. The Queen of Norway is going to open an Edward Munch exhibition on MoMa on the 14th, maybe Madeleine will be there then, since she said she like the museum
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	56798048.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	227209  
Old 02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Usually the PR agencies who promote these events know who is in town at that time and send invitations. I'm sure the person responsible for this show simply read the information in the paper and send a invitation via the Swedish embassy. When a celebrity agrees to attend, she/he is asked if they mind pictures or not or they are informed that photographers are at the event, so they know in advance.
Yes, I'm sure PR agencies somehow found out about it and found some way to contact her. Madeleine is very influential in Sweden for fashion and maybe even Europe. This is a great way for Carmen Marc Valvo to advertise his designs in Sweden. Besides, I'm just loving the photos! And I'm sure Madeleine couldn't resist a good after-party! :p
Old 02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Courtier

I don't like her outfit very much, but she looks pretty anyway and happy... I guess NY will be good for her:o
Old 02-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Great to see Princess Madeleine out and about in New York City, and what a lovely good picture of her and Jonas from the party! I hope we'll see much more of her in the time to come. Nice choice of party, Carmen Marc Valvo is a great designer.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Knowing that Princess Madeleine is so close makes me want to fly to New York. I hope she has a wonderful time it's a great city.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont like what Madeleine is wearing in the photos from the fashion party... it looks like a nightgown

The colour is ok on her, but the shape and fitting is bad...

Tags
new york, princess madeleine, unicef