The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

It's good that while she's running away from the attention, she's going to be doing something useful. As for that golden top, I do not think it is that trashy. It is just a golden sphagetti strap top. I have seen much worse, and if this is trashy, what does Paris Hilton wear? I'm not sure I understand this agreement with the press. Was there an agreement regarding no photographs in clubs and that was violated OR was there no agreement at all but there should have been?

Old 01-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
As for that golden top, I do not think it is that trashy. It is just a golden sphagetti strap top. I have seen much worse, and if this is trashy, what does Paris Hilton wear?
Princess Madeleine's top what any 20-something year women wears when out clubbing. I know she is a princess, but what do people expect to wear to a nightclub a formal gown?

About security, does anybody know whether Princess Madeleine's regular bodyguards from Sweden will go with her to NY or whether the US government will provide security for her?

Old 01-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Aristocracy

Well, the NY Post's Page Six gossip column had a short piece on her visit!! I wasn't able to link to the article (that website was banned at work) but I also wasn't impressed with the picture of her. They did refer to her as "stunning" and that she was sharing the apparently luxury apartment with 3 of her friends. They made it sound like she had two jobs- one with UNICEF and the other as a party girl. They also referenced the Nobel dress where her cleavage was spilling out, I think it was 2002?
Old 01-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Royal Highness

Nobody can let that red dress go!!! Everytime a piece is written about her, they have to add that in there somewhere. I'm glad that somebody in the United States besides us posters here at the Royal Forums have some knowledge of her coming. As for partying, as long as she isn't falling over drunk everyday, it's fine. She's 23, pretty, rich, and in NYC.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Serene Highness

Could someone give me a link to that golden top, or tell me where to search for it?
Thanks.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by janos614
Well, the NY Post's Page Six gossip column had a short piece on her visit!! I wasn't able to link to the article (that website was banned at work) but I also wasn't impressed with the picture of her. They did refer to her as "stunning" and that she was sharing the apparently luxury apartment with 3 of her friends. They made it sound like she had two jobs- one with UNICEF and the other as a party girl. They also referenced the Nobel dress where her cleavage was spilling out, I think it was 2002?

I also heard, via a Norwegian interpretation of the article in VG, that they were referring to the dinner as having taken place in Oslo???
Old 01-19-2006, 05:21 AM
Aristocracy

Here's the article in Swedish, and also the original one as a picture;

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...765003,00.html
Old 01-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

Exclamation

New York move for Princess Madeleine

Published: 19th January 2006 14:23 CET
Sweden's Princess Madeleine is to move to New York - but if she was hoping for some anonymity in the Big Apple she'll be disappointed.

The princess is due to take her final university exam next week and then, along with three pals, will head off to the US.

What exactly she'll do there is not yet decided, according to her mentor at the palace, Lena Ramel.

Full article: http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?I...a222730c712d82
Old 01-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
Here's the article in Swedish, and also the original one as a picture;

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...765003,00.html
Well now that Page Six is on to her she might get a call from Ms. Hilton! She might become the new Page Six darling....better stay in the VIP sections of clubs :).

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 01-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Aristocracy

It is true that Madeleine will live in New york?:o
Old 01-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, Madeleine will be in NYC! I have mixed feelings about Madeleine trying to flee from the press of Sweden. I want her to have a good time and enjoy living city life without always looking out for cameras, but on the other hand, I do want to see some pictures of her. :(
Old 01-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if this will last longer than her London stint. But, it is much eaisier in NYC. She would just blend in and not be noticed.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I wonder if this will last longer than her London stint. But, it is much eaisier in NYC. She would just blend in and not be noticed.
I don't think Princess Madeleine will be bothered so much in NYC. The paparazzi in England are known for being the most agressive in the world and often print made up stories. In NYC the paparazzi will probably take a some pictures of her on the street and prehaps the local press will write about where she had dinner or when clubbing, but that's it.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Nobility

Good to hear that Madeleine is going to work for Unicef. I don't know if she is avoiding the paparazzi or not. But its good to hear that she's broadening her education.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Royal Highness

How long after her exams are Madeleine and her friends making the big move to the states?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine has given a interview to TT where she talks about her future. The princess took her exam yesterday and is now heading for New York city to work at UNICEF. She will stay there until june. After that she has "some plans" but she wont say what is it yet.

http://hd.se/inrikes/2006/01/24/made...tt_partyryktet

Madeleine is tired of the party rumours.

Princess Madeleine is fed up with the rumours going around about her as a party girl, she says in a TT interview. Next on her education agenda is practice at Unicef at UN in New York

- I feel sad when I read about the party-articles about me in the papers, she says. There was a time when I went to clubs sometimes, but during the last three years I have focused on my studies. The image of me as a party girl is still strong, but I feel like I have left all that behind.
She finished her studies in art and got a Bachelor of Arts at Stockholm university yesterday. Now she´s heading for New Yoprk to work at UN.
- I will work at a department for protection of children living in countries affected by war, children living in institutions and children who has been sexually abused.
The princess will work in New York until June and she is prepared to work hard fulltime.
- After June we will see what will happend, she says. Perhaps I will continue with my studies and if so, probably in the area of International relations.
But she wont tell us more.
- I have my plans, but I´ll let them grow a bit first (yennie: a hard one to translate :) )
Old 01-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Yennie for the summary/translation of the article.
In his version Daniel Nyhlén of course couldn´t resist to point out, that this what Madeleine said about the past 3 years isn´t completely true, since she was seen the past months several times in the night club "The Plaza". Maybe Daniel and Madeleine should meet, discuss and talk about nit-picking
Sounds promising, what Madeleine tells. When she really fulfills it and also tries to get an idea in the various affected countries, she surely finally would get rid off this partysessan-image. Doings count more than just words.

http://www.tv4.se/kandis/439511.html
Old 01-26-2006, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Expressen today writes that the plans for Princess Madeleine's move to New York have been altered a bit. In two weeks she's moving across the Atlantic, but she will not only live with her girlfriends, as the plans were first, but now a source tells Expressen that Jonas Bergström will move with her to the Big Apple!

Apparently the couple has realised that the long distance between New York and London would be too far to be able to keep up a relationship, the short distance between Stockholm and London have enabled them to meet on weekend, but to fly across the Atlantic on such a regular basis would be too much.

The source says that Jonas has already moved to New York ahead of Madeleine, and is now preparing a flat they have found close the the UN building, on the First Avenue near the 42nd street.

Jonas will continue with his law studies as well as intern on a law firm in New York.

Information Secretary Ann-Christine Jernberg at the Information and Press Department with the Royal Court has no comment to this article:
- We cannot comment anything about Jonas Bergström, it is not our job.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=513605
Old 01-26-2006, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

well..well..well.. this is definitely a big news!
no more 'sex & the city'-esque for Madeleine, but loving company of her boyfriend. things are definitely more serious for Jonas to take this approach, huh?
is it that easy to move his study from london to new york? just use a credit transfer or some sorts?
Old 01-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Expressen today writes that the plans for Princess Madeleine's move to New York have been altered a bit. In two weeks she's moving across the Atlantic, but she will not only live with her girlfriends, as the plans were first, but now a source tells Expressen that Jonas Bergström will move with her to the Big Apple!

Apparently the couple has realised that the long distance between New York and London would be too far to be able to keep up a relationship, the short distance between Stockholm and London have enabled them to meet on weekend, but to fly across the Atlantic on such a regular basis would be too much.

The source says that Jonas has already moved to New York ahead of Madeleine, and is now preparing a flat they have found close the the UN building, on the First Avenue near the 42nd street.

Jonas will continue with his law studies as well as intern on a law firm in New York.

Information Secretary Ann-Christine Jernberg at the Information and Press Department with the Royal Court has no comment to this article:
- We cannot comment anything about Jonas Bergström, it is not our job.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=513605
And do you still think he gets this all, because he´s such a good student, GrandDuchess?

Tags
new york, princess madeleine, unicef