The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe now he know

Old 05-29-2006, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Aftonbladet today says that Princess Madeleine and some of her girlfriends revived "Sex & the City" this past Saturday when they were out on a lavish shopping spree in Soho, New York.

Apparently, Madeleine and her girlfriends did the brand stores on Prince Street, Spring Street and West Broadway, and she purchased something at Intermix and also at Banana Republic. Her friends bought something at J. Crew. The group ended their day of shopping at Apple's store on Prince Street, were Madeleine stepped out from with a new bag in her hand.

Pictures by Pontus Höök via Aftonbladet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	madde1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	245924   Click image for larger version

Name:	madde2.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	245925  

Old 05-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Courtier

Good for her. There is nothing(OK, almost) that makes me feel better than going shopping. lol
Old 05-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness

Perhaps she bought an Ipod Nano? I love Banana Republic and J. Crew so it's nice to hear that Madeleine and her friends like to shop there too! :)
Old 05-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Gentry

There is an article in Expressen today which says that Madeleine wants to return to New York after spending the summer in Sweden, because she found a new anonymous life there. There is also a new photo of her and Jonas.
You find it here: http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=597900
Old 05-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Courtier

Maybe she will return to study at a college/university or continue her work with Unicef? Or perhaphs take up a different work placement?
Old 05-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why is Jonas with her? Does he work there also? How can he afford the costs? Does she pays for all????
Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Why is Jonas with her? Does he work there also? How can he afford the costs? Does she pays for all????
Jonas is with her, because they were afraid that the long distance between USA and Europe would be bad for their relationship. I think he continues his law-studies in New York. Don't worry about his lifestyle, he is not poor...
I can imagine that Madeleine would like to find a job in NY after the summer, but I am not sure about the opinion of the Royal House of Sweden of that plans. There is nothing official yet.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesam
There is an article in Expressen today which says that Madeleine wants to return to New York after spending the summer in Sweden, because she found a new anonymous life there. There is also a new photo of her and Jonas.
You find it here: http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=597900
Well I hope she doesn't plan to stay there more than a year, I'd say it's a maximum to stay in New York also during next term (fall and winter), then she should return home. And as it sounded in resent press articles, Madeleine is planning to work for Sweden also in the future and wants to represent and make PR for the country.

But if she's going to stay in the Big Apple also after the summer, I do hope it's like Expressen's "sources" say, that it might be possible for her to extend her time at Unicef, and also make a longer trip to visit their projects. That would be great!

I attach the picture for future keeping, by Finn Fons for Expressen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6e8fcc44.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	246113  
Old 05-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Nothing will be announced until the last minute, partly due to security reasons. It would be good for Princess Madeleine to get a real job - it will be good life experince for her and a chance to see and live in the real world. Plus the opportunity to live like a normal person, excellent for character building.

I don't see why Princess Madeleine can't stay until 2007.

I know Crown Princess Victoria spent two years there, okay the reason being because she needed peace and quite but I don't see why Princess Madeleine can't do the same if she wanted to.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
Nothing will be announced until the last minute, partly due to security reasons. It would be good for Princess Madeleine to get a real job - it will be good life experince for her and a chance to see and live in the real world. Plus the opportunity to live like a normal person, excellent for character building.

Yes, you are right in that points. But on the other hand sometimes it seems to me that she tries to run away a little bit from her background. Some weeks ago she said that she would like to represent Sweden, but she has not many duties so far. If she stays in NY than she will probably find another internship at a charity-organisation or something, but real official duties? Well, to be honestly: I would like to see her returning to Sweden and do more official duties. Only my opinion.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Jonas isnt exactly poor so he could very well pay for himself, but my guess is that Madeleine (= the king and queen) pays. They did the same thing when Victorias best friend Caroline Svedin lived and went to Yale with Victoria in late 90´s

Jonas works at a law firm, so I suppose he gets a salary
Old 05-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Sesam. I fully understand and appreciate what you are saying about Princess Madeleine performing more public duties and yes at times I've got the impression she does not like the limelight. However she will only be 24 in 12 days time and if she does dedicate many years of her life as an ambassdor to Sweden then I don't see a problem with her remaining in New York until 2007. After all what is an extra few months away from home doing the things that she enjoys out of life when she will spend much of it performing Royal duties?
Old 05-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Royal Highness

I would prefer that Madeleine comes back after her NYC stint and stay in Sweden for a little and do more official dutes. Alas, I am not Madeleine so I can't make that decision! If she were to go back to NYC, I think it's best that she does it now while she's young and has a lot of opportunities available to her. Once Victoria becomes Queen, I think it is Madeleine's duty to Sweden to come back and work as a member of the Royal Family until Victoria has kids old enough to start taking over.

By the way, I really like that white shirt on her and Madeleine has still got a soft spot for headbands! :)
Old 05-31-2006, 04:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Sesam. I fully understand and appreciate what you are saying about Princess Madeleine performing more public duties and yes at times I've got the impression she does not like the limelight. However she will only be 24 in 12 days time and if she does dedicate many years of her life as an ambassador to Sweden then I don't see a problem with her remaining in New York until 2007.
Oh, I think she did say something to that effect - that sometimes, she just wants to lead a quiet life. But, as a Princess, she can't avoid duties even if she wants to. CP Victoria, on the other hand, indeed is more comfortable with public duties. She said she never stops thinking about the job entrusted to her, being Sweden's future queen. But right now, as CP she only undertakes the duties that she truly likes and a palace spokesperson said that her duties are what she chooses them to be. Madeleine seems to be most independent among the siblings, maybe that's why she shows a degree of "reluctance" on official duties. I hope to see more of her, though.

Anyone knows what exactly she does at UNICEF as an intern? Does she intend to follow through on her internship and work with UNICEF or on children's issues?

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 05-31-2006, 05:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Sesam. I fully understand and appreciate what you are saying about Princess Madeleine performing more public duties and yes at times I've got the impression she does not like the limelight. However she will only be 24 in 12 days time and if she does dedicate many years of her life as an ambassdor to Sweden then I don't see a problem with her remaining in New York until 2007. After all what is an extra few months away from home doing the things that she enjoys out of life when she will spend much of it performing Royal duties?
Well, of course she's young and should enjoy her life. And you are right that a few extra months in NY wouldn't hurt. But she is also a very well known person and therefore I think that she should use her publicity to do something useful. Her internship at UNICEF is surely a good thing, but no one knows what she is doing there exactly. So my wish is that she starts soon doing more serious duties. In my opinion being member of a Royal House includes duties and not only enjoying the advantages of being rich and wellknown (otherwise it might have been difficult to get an internship at UNICEF).
Old 05-31-2006, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesam
Well, of course she's young and should enjoy her life. And you are right that a few extra months in NY wouldn't hurt. But she is also a very well known person and therefore I think that she should use her publicity to do something useful. Her internship at UNICEF is surely a good thing, but no one knows what she is doing there exactly. So my wish is that she starts soon doing more serious duties. In my opinion being member of a Royal House includes duties and not only enjoying the advantages of being rich and wellknown (otherwise it might have been difficult to get an internship at UNICEF).
I agree, I don't think it helps though that Victoria is so dedicated to her duties. It just highlights the fact that Madeline is quite lacking in that department.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Royal Highness

I agree that Madeleine should try and act a little bit more serious about her duties but I just wanted to point out that Victoria is five years older than Madeleine and has been bred to be a Crown Princess ever since she was a baby. I think if Madeleine is going to get some heat about not being dedicated to her duties then Carl Philip should be treated the same. I like Carl Philip and he's very handsome but I don't think he looks particularly thrilled at the official events he goes to and he doesn't have that many either. He's been in the navy and at university and Madeleine's been at university and UNICEF. So, while I would prefer if Madeleine came back to Sweden and stayed and continued her royal duties with a happy heart that's ultimately her decision.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

There are the King, Queen, CP Victoria, P. Lilian and P. Christina doing royal duties in Sweden. I applaud Madeleine for staying in NY (if that is what she will be doing). It is most likely not for ever but rather a short term intership for her boyfriend. They should enjoy being young and having no other responsibilities other than themselves. The time will come when more serious activities will be the order of the day.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Courtier

I think when the days comes Princess Madeleine will dedicate herself immensley to her role at a member of the royal family and it will shock us all. But it is important not to push her until she is ready.

That is what I am trying to say. That is why I think it won't do any harm if she stays in the USA until 2007 because once she is doing officla engagments I do believe she will work hard. I am sure Princess Madeleine will put to good use the skills and knowledge she is aquiring at UNICEF.

Tags
new york, princess madeleine, unicef